In the News - Gingers, Hate Crimes, and Scapegoats

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Satiricality

In the News - Gingers, Hate Crimes, and Scapegoats

Postby Satiricality » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:35 pm

It seems that the feces is hitting the rotating appliance in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2008/11/21/calgary-kick-ginger-attack.html#articlecomments

South Park and Facebook have been positioned as scapegoats which is hardly new in either case, although SP has more experience being in people's crosshairs.

For bonus points, notice the headline and its connection to another South Park episode that many of the posters in that comment thread would probably miss the point of as well.

Obviously, getting badly beaten up isn't fun or cool. And most of the kids at that school get that and understood that the prank was clearly taken way too f*cking far by the handful of kids involved.

Unfortunately, like life imitating art, watch the adults overreact and take retardation to new levels. I wonder where some kids get that kind of stupid, mob mentality behavior from? Surely not all the well-adjusted, intelligent adult role models we have in our society.

I think South Park has always been more about laughing your ass off and maybe thinking for yourself a little bit; not encouraging people to act like retards and hurt others or themselves because of something on TV, or relying on institutions and the police to think for you, but that's just me.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: In the News - Gingers, Hate Crimes, and Scapegoats

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:14 am

There's a thread in Off-Topic Discussion about this already. Closing.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”