A deeply philosophical Question...

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

wasiliy

A deeply philosophical Question...

Postby wasiliy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:44 pm

After seeing the Episode where Stan's parents hired someone to play his future him, I was wondering that if someone travels back in time as an adult to the time where he was just a young boy and has buttsex with his young counterpart, would it then be molestation or masturbation?

I think this should be elaborated on in some new episode. And the best thing of all is ... hold your breath ... THE SIMPSONS HAVEN'T YET DONE IT! (as far as I know, their show is too sophisticated for that). So hurry up...
triplemultiplex

Re: A deeply philosophical Question...

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:32 pm

And create a time travel-related causality paradox? No way.

At least not again.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:01 am

if it would be possible, it woud be called "sick"... and it would not be masturbation. if you would go there back in time.. the other one would be you but not yourself.. you would be dealing with another instance of you.. but you will be having different life experiences... so you two would be different persons.... think about it, a travel in time does not create a time loop... it creates a time branch.. i am sure time travel would be possible, it's somehow like travel between different dimensions or different universes.. once you figure out how to transfer mass(energy) between them, your problem is solved.

...it is a stupid question, but not an easy one...
and btw: i broke the dam...
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:11 am

No, it is easy.

It is impossible.

Google "The Grandfather Paradox", as I don't want to explain it.

The only way it is possible is if there are parallel universes and reverse time travel involves changing universes in order to not affect ours.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:21 am

gtaca2005 wrote:The only way it is possible is if there are parallel universes and reverse time travel involves changing universes in order to not affect ours.
.. what did i say?!?
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:35 am

Quintuplets_Father wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:The only way it is possible is if there are parallel universes and reverse time travel involves changing universes in order to not affect ours.
.. what did i say?!?

Right. :|
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:30 pm

if it would be possible, it woud be called "sick"...

Which is why cartman WILL do it. It'll be BOTH I think. Doesn't create a paradox though. Unless you kill your past self with the raep.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Ranius

Postby Ranius » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:16 pm

oh yippie! i was going to post a topic on how much thought the scriptwriters put into temporal logic, but i guess this will do for now. =3

Quintuplets_Father wrote: a travel in time does not create a time loop... it creates a time branch.. i am sure time travel would be possible, it's somehow like travel between different dimensions or different universes..

what Quintuplets_Father said is correct to a degree, but only if we are talking about dimensions in general. i will not discuss the details, but i will point out that this kind of time travel should be called "dimension" or "universe" travel(or even jumping), since it basically consists of jumping into another dimension in which time flow is different. ex: going 15 minutes back would be considered jumping to an universe in which the original event or its continuum started 15 minutes later than the one you are jumping from. i realise this does not fully compliment the idea of paralel universes, but it is possible just as much as the other dimensions are.

Also, once in a different dimension, the dimension you initially came from would be forbidden or unavailable for reentering at any future time, because it would consequently be the same as just traveling back in time in your own dimension and therefore subjecting it to... the "grandfather" paradox(i still need to google it but there's not much space for a wrong idea).

bottom line: the thing discussed here would not be *time* travel, per say, but yes, this kind of travel could work in general. in answer to the question, i will have to go with molestation since if it happened there would be two physical selves of the person, but in the end the act would be between those two bodies, same self or no.
____
Idiocracy, Fog of war, Enemy Image, Zeitgeist, Addendum, Zeitgeist Refuted, B. and B. two faces of the same coin... So what is the truth?
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Some sub-atomic particles engage in time travel... kenny and co only have 2 dimentions, so they're thin enough to be sub-atomic and travel through time :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 pm

there are so many logical stuff for human mind to comperhend... and yet we find fascinating to engage "fights" with paradoxes.

..only one of human nature's weaknesses.
meeshkit

Postby meeshkit » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:14 pm

gah... what? ...HEADACHE!
<3 -> Jason Voorhees

+MMFCL+
mayor_of_hicktown

Postby mayor_of_hicktown » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Wowwwww very deep.....
This how I see it
If you were to travel back in time and do the act it would be molestation, cause you would still be a minor in that time period and the future you would be an adult and if you got caught nobody would believe you were from the future, they would just think you were really really crazy.
But at the same time, you would probley need a good therapist for when you really do get older and you can't form relationships because of the trauma from being molested by your future self. Which would be pretty instesting to try and explain without gettin thrown in the looney bin lol
If that made any sense on some level :)
B.rayy <3
LabyrinthineIcarus

Postby LabyrinthineIcarus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Pseudo-scientifically, You'd have to be able to find a way to manipulate the timeflow in a way that it could no longer affect you, or else you'd invariably go far back enough as to negate the thought of even doing this, thus forgetting what you were even going to do, thus being stuck in the time you intended to be in, with the mindset and memories you had at that time
Yet, if you were to separate yourself from normal timeflow and retain your current moment of being while going back in time you still couldn't cause experiences to other people and instances of existence in a way that would require a timeflow to take place for them.

I figure it would kind of be something like being the opposite of what a ghost is. The only thing you and your past could simultaneously experience is awareness of the moment of time you are currently in, but only for the first split second of your current awareness of that time, as you recognized it, but after that you and your past would have to separate in the spacetime continuum in order to keep you in your own past in the way you intended when you separated yourself from the normal timeflow.

You might possibly only be able to see anything as a still picture, or at all only for the split second you arrive there because you are no longer part of the timeflow at that moment, therefore unable to experience anything that occurs after the split second you arrive, everything from your past that you are visiting would cease to exist for you because you are not in the timeflow and you would exist in a different plane of existence. Perhaps you'd be brought to nothingness as you and your past couldn't simultaneously exist in a manner that you could manipulate that could affect your past at all.
(I'll stop with that now, though, I'm not Einstein, lol)

Philosophically, I think that if you could exist with your past self in a way that you would both be able to experience anything in relation to your other self in a way you both were aware you'd have to be a separate existence from the other, sort of like a clone. Maybe a tangible doppleganger-like being. In this instance it couldn't be masturbation because you'd have to be affecting your own body, and your past self wouldn't be your own body because it exists separately from the you that is causing the action. If the past-you that you are affecting is underage at the moment it would be molestion by default.
But if your past self is of age then it could either be molestation if your past self did not consent, or if your current self somehow no longer consented. If both parties were consensual, then I guess it would just be some really, really strange sexual experience. I also figure it would be incestual because you and your past self share the same genes, family, blood and everything else that would need to be shared to make the act incestual.

edit: I got carried away typing and forgot you mentioned that your past self was a young boy, so I'm guessing underage-young, making it molestion by default.

Also thought... what if sex laws were differnt for your past self and current self? If in the time you initiated time travel from the sex laws allowed your past self to legally consent to the act, but the sex laws in the time of your past self did not, and you were to try to involve both sets of laws in order to debate whether the act was legal or not (if considering both parties consented in the first place) how would you come to a conclusive decision?
Kyle: Oh my God, this book says that negative and positive are the same thing; that real and not real are one.
Dude, this book says I don't exist unless I think I do. But what if I don't?

Cartman: Will somebody take those books away from him?
TaroRoot

Postby TaroRoot » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Molestation is a crime. You described butt sex, which is sodomy, which is illegal in some states, and I think is illegal in all states with a minor.
Your question is not a philosophical one, it is a legal one. You are in fact wondering if it is molestation (a crime) or masturbation (presumably not a crime).

1. Are you a victim? Does not matter. It is a crime that is prosecuted by society for society.
2. Do you have mens rhea or a criminal intent? Probably. Your past YOU would be likely to resist butt sex with the older you. You would know that.. you just would not care.
3. Both old and young you meet the definitions of person used in the legal system of ten years ago.
SO....... it is molestation.

But here is the catch. All you have to do is have your past self take the fifth amendment, and if there are no witnesses, they cannot prosecute... so you can think of it as masturbation. You (victim) have the constitutional right to protect yourself (perp.).
"I refuse to answer the question on the grounds that the answer might incriminate me."

On the other hand, if younger you gets older you locked up, then there will be no attack if younger you remembers the attack and avoids it in the future.Then the paradox will make the universe explode.

Better just take the fifth on this one.
evilhasaname91

Postby evilhasaname91 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Umm... i think that ether way, wutever u'd label it, it's still juss nasty. why do u even want to know, any way?
Smith

Return to “General South Park Discussion”