Trent Boyett - Season 13?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Jesstron

Trent Boyett - Season 13?

Postby Jesstron » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:29 am

So in the pre-school episode in season 8 the imfamous megabadass Trent Boyett gets put away for another five years...now we're coming up on season 13.

I personally think it would be great to have another Trent boyett episode. Even though time seems to stand still in South Park, they seem to be pretty accurate when referring to past episodes and such, I wonder what we'll see here.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. And Merry Christmas :santa:
butters kenny

Re: Trent Boyett - Season 13?

Postby butters kenny » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:55 pm

We have to wait 5 years in the boys time to see trent boyett again.
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
GlittersBlings

Postby GlittersBlings » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:15 pm

Jesstron wrote:So in the pre-school episode in season 8 the imfamous megabadass Trent Boyett gets put away for another five years...now we're coming up on season 13.

I personally think it would be great to have another Trent boyett episode. Even though time seems to stand still in South Park, they seem to be pretty accurate when referring to past episodes and such, I wonder what we'll see here.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. And Merry Christmas :santa:

Probably. :)

Postby 203177 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Yeah that could happen. :)
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
pudn96

Postby pudn96 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 am

i would count on that
PicklesNumber1

Postby PicklesNumber1 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:47 am

I wouldnt count on it...
Thats right. I drive a YT-1300.

Im a Jesus Freak.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:07 am

I'd love it if South park started having continuity like that (srange as f*ck for them to explain how he was in for five years but the boys havn't aged :p) but he was a one-shot kid. Not gonna happen. Good idea!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
PhilipSerbia

Postby PhilipSerbia » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:38 am

No, that trouble with fire in pre school was five years before their fourth grade. They are fourth grade now! So they are as old as they was in 8th season!
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:38 pm

I don't think we will see it.

Yes, in the real world, five years may have gone by. But in the show, only about one year has passed as they are in the fourth grade. In order for there to be another Trent episode, there would have to be recognition of a 5 year time passage, meaning the boys should now be in the 9th grade.

Not to mention it's very rare for them to revisit something they have already touched on.
CAN!ada91

Postby CAN!ada91 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:03 pm

I think theres a joke in South Park that every year, if you're a kid, actually represents a ton of years. I first really caught on when stan was talking to Bryden and was telling him he knew so much.
Also Cartman acknowledging how old they're getting, that was a really smart choice.

Fourth Graders are about as articulate as fifteen/sixteen year olds in the show, sixth graders are eighteen/nineteen over-the-hill so to speak, almost out of school and frackin evil.

Third graders are all the newbie highschool students who aren't jaded like everyone else yet. 12-14. although of course, when they're in grades 7-8, they're jaded as hell.

And all the adults are idiots mostly no matter what and their ages are irrelevant, which is what you get when the show is from the perspective of kids.

I guess what I'm saying is it would be appropriate for another Trent one. For while the numbers haven't changed, the creators definitely have changed five years worth.

I've always felt like South Park has evolved with me. Hopefully that isn't because the probing government hasn't perfected seeing like this generation and they hand out papers to all the tv shows so they know how to reflect that.... but Trey and Matt are smarter than to take those.
In Grades 5-8, when SP was airing seasons 4-7 I believe, I could relate so much to the characters it was ridiculous. And I went to a private school (about eight kids in our class, grades five to eight) where each kid had such a divergent personality, it was like a perfect sitcom or something. But of course, perfect sitcoms make teachers go insane! (she actually did storm out of the room a few times and leave for the day)
But first watching The Lord Of The Rings episode off of some file sharing website, it just touched that point in our lives perfectly. We were all pretending so damn hard that we were bigger than we were (and we loved LOTR and played DnD often at lunch). I was definitely Cartman :), I was unapologetically pissed off and cocky. When he was in his phase when he was saying 'I'm more matur-wa that you guys', I literally started that phase about a week before. And we had a Tweek/Butters in our class, and a Stan and Kyle (I'm more like Kyle now, very strange shift), and a Wendy (Well, I guess I was Stan at that point... but out of necessity. There were only two girls in the class, and only one with a-tah...), and a Paris Hilton, and I suppose a Trent Boyett (but now I'm in season 8, which started airing in Canada just as I finished grade 8), and a Clyde and a Craig and... well thats probably more than anyone wants to read.

They do feel much more like a highschool now... but I guess it was inevitable. When the Vamp kids were first confronted by the Emo kids, I forgot it was an elementary school...
And the first episode that really felt highschooley to me was The List. And how that episode helped me keep sane during Grade 12!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:16 pm

I totally agree with your analysis, CAN!ada91. South Park Elementary ought to be called South Park High School.

It would be funny if Trent returned if only to acknowledge the odd perspective of time on the show.
Kipsy

Postby Kipsy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Im sure the writers could find a way around avoiding the 5 year difference...Maybe Trent is on parole?
Personally I wouldnt want to see him again, I dont think it would be as funny.
*Should we not eat un~babies not on this un~day?*

Return to “General South Park Discussion”