go back to the roots!!!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

pilatus

go back to the roots!!!

Postby pilatus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:58 pm

hi everybody,
the first episode of season 13 sucks hard.
the old ones were much better.
you should stop playing around with fucked-up hd and stupid effects and start making funny episodes again.
yeah, that's a very good advice
butters kenny

Re: go back to the roots!!!

Postby butters kenny » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:00 pm

BW/PTKmac 's prophesy is being for filled!

Dude, the new episode didn't suck, if you like the old ones better why don't you stop complaining and go watch them
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
pilatus

Postby pilatus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:05 pm

dude, why don't you stuff your advice right where it came from?!

that's called feedback and businesses usually pay for such things.they call it market research. got it?

here i give mine away for free because it's the best series ever made and because i care about it.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks for the input. You're not the first to want this, you won't be the last, but the show is far too different now for it to go back to its roots.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Jesus Christ, I can't stand when people say that SP needs to go back to the roots.

Why are people bitching about the "good 'ol days"? What do you mean the show isn't like it was? They've stopped the political sh*t, Kenny died, a Giant Mickey Mouse is the exact thing you'd expect from the early seasons, Mr. Slave is back, Wendy is back, Mr Garrison is back, it had more of the kids being kids, Cartman is getting his ass kicked again, what more do you want?

Quit saying the shows aren't "classic" like they used to be and then saying seasons 5-9 were better than the even newer ones even though 5-9 were the ones that ventured the most far from the "classic" episodes.

How else are they going to further go back to their roots? You need some development in a show, if the show had never ventured from the roots we'd have Cartman saying "screw you guys" for 13 years which, believe it or not, isn't that great. You NEED character development, and development in the show, and Matt and Trey are doing a great job with that while keeping the episodes good.
ShadooOmega

Postby ShadooOmega » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 pm

RideTheLightning is absolutely right. If you don't like it then just go away. I suggest killing yourself, you seem to lack the ability to do anything other then complain, with nothing to back up your complaint. This episode was good, you just have poor taste. It wasn't the best but it didn't suck. You didn't give good advice, you gave an insult, an insult to Matt, Tray, and the awesome effects they use. You don't like the effects? Watch the first episode. That uses no effects whatsoever. I think even season 2 uses effects. Not vary advanced effects, but some minor effects for smoother animation. Just stop watching the show if your gonna bitch about everything of every episode. Are you, like, 7 or something!? Just... Just, stop. You're insulting everything about the show. Just stop.
Jirachi Chick

Postby Jirachi Chick » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:44 am

pilatus, you're just being a negative Nancy. The new ep was great, and they've been using computer effects for a long time. If you don't like it just keep watching the old ones.
Badge Man

Postby Badge Man » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:00 am

This episode isn't as bad as 'The Ungroundable.'
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 am

Oh no....not this again... uh....

Actually, the giant Mickey reminded me of Mecha Stricen. It would have been funnier if the news reporters had something like a miget in a bikini or if the Jonas Bros were crab people, but meh.

Everybody changes, their views change and the activities they do change. You can't expect someone who has done something in 10 or so years to have the same writing as they did on their first year, there should be some change to it, or it will get stale.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
killmonky

Postby killmonky » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:37 am

I liked 'The Ungroundable' and I loved the new one. There's only a handful of episodes i wouldn't watch again (even though i've watched all of them at least twice). I lol'd at Mickey Mouse, I hope they don't get sued too hard for that. South Park definately isn't getting any worse.
omgimkewl

Postby omgimkewl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:38 am

i love south park, the new episodes are ok, but they are trying to be so f*cking mainstream. dont get my wrong, im not an indie kid who cuts himself and jacks off to death cab but every new episode of south park now has to do with some lame ass thing thats in the news that week. go back to random ass sh*t like jackoffasaur (bad example), but u get my point. im not saying south park is bad or to "go back to the roots" of sh*tty animation but maybe back to the roots of off the wall storylines that dont have to do with whatever they're currently talking about in Teen People. amirite?
pilatus

Postby pilatus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:00 am

thanks to the mod for his reply. it is the only valuable piece of info here.

i wanted to emphasize that the show seems to concentrate more on crap rather than on real deep and funny jokes & entertainment.
likethis_youdobitch

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:49 pm

pilatus wrote:thanks to the mod for his reply. it is the only valuable piece of info here.

i wanted to emphasize that the show seems to concentrate more on crap rather than on real deep and funny jokes & entertainment.

You said something stupid and gay, and everybody responded as such. And you're surprised? SURPRISED!? Well whoopie, even I didn't realize how much more worthy YOUR posts are. Only now, as I create this lowly and insignificant response to your almighty and DAZZLING message, do I realize how foolish all responders to this thread have been to question YOUR infallible judgment!!

OH GOD MY HEAD A SPLODE
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:00 pm

pilatus wrote:thanks to the mod for his reply. it is the only valuable piece of info here.

So nobody else's opinion matters now?

Oh, like More Crap? Yea, that ep had a lot of sh*t in it. It was very funny, almost like the earlier episodes.

Right, you mean that they are just bashing whatever is popular, yes? Well, they have been doing that for a long time now, I doubt that is going to stop.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Kax0r

Postby Kax0r » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Hell no. Seasons 1-4 blew donkey balls.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”