go back to the roots!!!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

sharpie129

Re: go back to the roots!!!

Postby sharpie129 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Wow, Pilatus... we have got to get that sand out of your vagina. Are you saying that you miss the fart jokes and a talking piece of Christmas poo? I'm not saying that the early seasons weren't great, but fart jokes get really old after a while. That may be where they started but it's thankfully more intelligent now. Somewhere in all of this, South Park grew up and somehow you didn't. If you want to watch random "entertaining" humor that doesn't have the balls to say what needs to be said... the go watch Family Guy.

I understand that some people have had trouble relating to a few of the recent episodes if they haven't seen what's being parodied... but if South Park doesn't call out Disney for selling sex to kids or stupid preteens for going vamp because "Twilight is soooo good", then who is?

Yes, some of these recent episodes may be hit-and-miss if you're not up on current trends but that's just how any show that parodies or satirizes our culture is going to be. And yes, I'd love to see episodes that focus more on the town and I wish that the kids were still a little more innocent. I completely agree that the show does need to throw in a few episodes that aren't complete parodies every once in a while. Super Phun Thyme was refreshing for that very reason... (the Die Hard reference was perfect... not too much, not too little). I think that those are some of the things that you miss... and that makes it a lot better of a reason for the show to "return to its roots". We don't need more fart jokes and we definitely don't need random stupid humor... that's what Family Guy is for.
Scott Malkinson has a lisp and diabetes, nobody's gonna let him do a musical.
big keny

Postby big keny » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:02 pm

dude ,he can just suck my balls if he wants technology to come to a stand then he should just stay inside for eternity and just wach the old sesons of sp and evrthing else
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')
RAGGLE FRAGGLE!
i wasnt hitting you,i was simply high-fiveing your face
SUM 41 ROCKS!!!
celtic dragon!
chicken24

Postby chicken24 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:13 am

I think that the last season was good. I mean it definitely was not the best, but it was good.

I personally felt that the newest episode of South Park was not good. To me it felt, different. That is not to say that South Park has not done that before. I mean South Park has always done something different, big or small, every season. Even last season, even though some episodes felt as if they were out of the "norm" for South Park they still had something that was the main essence of what makes South Park. <--Sorry I can't put into words what that may be. If you love South Park then hopefully you get what I mean there.
But getting back on the last episode. It didn't have that to me. Just over all I was quite sad because it didn't feel like South Park to me. I mean it looked like South Park, it had the same ol' lovable characters, the voices were the same, and it held no mercy to make fun of what is going on it the world. But it just wasn't South Park to me.
I know some of you loved the episode and I'm sorry that a lot of people are talking about the "good old days" and how this episode "sucks". But coming from a South Park junkie like myself who can just watch all the episodes over and over and over again to the point where everyone around me wants to kill me...I was actually disappointed in this episode. I was disappointed to the point where I do not want to watch it again. Not at all. Well, ok maybe last seasons UnGroundable wasn't the best, but it still has some things in it that will still make me wanna watch it. Even if it was a little annoying as an episode.

I hope what I said made sense. I actually haven't really slept recently so with great hope I didn't ramble too much. But I just wanted to share my feelings on the episode. And tonight will be a new episode. So hope for the best.
starsky697

Postby starsky697 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:21 am

Ya south park is pretty much done. its not funny anymore. What happened to officer barbrady, jimbo, ned, and the mayor? And Isaac needs to stop cryin about his religion being made fun of. I mean he makes fun of everyone else, why cant they make fun of him? And also the new animation is terrible.
Makes it so much less funny.
:|
ShadooOmega

Postby ShadooOmega » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:36 am

Guys, theres no point. We can post as much logic and reason as we can, but all the n00bs will just say "zOMG SP SX BALZ because IT JUZT STARTD C0MPUTUR ANIMASHUN IT DNT DO DAT IN SESUN 10 zOMG WTF SP IS GAY ND DED IT SUX!!qqnqn"...

...I give up. If these idiots want to keep bitching about it and be ignorant we can't stop em'. Lets just use the intelligence we were granted that they were not and enjoy South Park. These guys are retarded ignorant pricks. There is no point (Or time, your sword is enough!).
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Discussions like this make me angwy. Make me want to burn the whole forum, down to the gwond.

Seriously, what do you think they were doing in season 12? They were sorta bringing things back to normal; you got your precious Wendy back with Stan, you got Mr. Garrison again... and you got a Kenny death already in season 13!
You people just want to bitch and moan until the cows come home. But the rest of the cows aren't gonna come home! Because they're dead; they died when we got past the dreadfully brain-dead Andy Dick/Rob Schneider/LA Guyz period in society known as 1997-2002!
South Park had awesome episodes in there; but get a braincell and move on!
Discussions like this are so pointless and too easy; like a cop drama resorting to gun violence to move the plot and 'emotion' forward.

And PS Starsky: Issac Hayes DIED you stupid assh*le!
likethis_youdobitch

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:24 pm

lol..the show sucks now, for many people - but a lot of people like it the way it currently is. In a few years, I bet, they'll be bitching to have it back the way it was at this point in time.

Unfortunately, no matter how much people bitch and whine, it's not going to happen. Times change, and if SP didn't change with the times, it would end up an outdated and obsolete relic of a show with no cultural relevance to today's world.

I don't like the new seasons but it's not going to get me anywhere if I bitch about it on here. Make your own show if you care that much.
ShadooOmega

Postby ShadooOmega » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:58 pm

likethis_youdobitch wrote:lol..the show sucks now, for many people - but a lot of people like it the way it currently is. In a few years, I bet, they'll be bitching to have it back the way it was at this point in time.

Unfortunately, no matter how much people bitch and whine, it's not going to happen. Times change, and if SP didn't change with the times, it would end up an outdated and obsolete relic of a show with no cultural relevance to today's world.

I don't like the new seasons but it's not going to get me anywhere if I bitch about it on here. Make your own show if you care that much.

Thank you! You're the only person I've seen on here who doesn't like the new season as much but understands, has reason, and doesn't bitch about it. Some people here have a lot to learn from you. I like the new season, and season 12 was k', but there are a lot of Mega n00bs here (And I mean A LOT) that could learn a lot from you. And yet, they do not posses the ability to learn. How sad.
speedracer0197

Postby speedracer0197 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:26 am

ShadooOmega why do you say mostly noobs are bitching about the new episodes, seems to me it would be little 12 yr olds (maybe like yourself, maybe not) who would like the new episodes, and older folk who grew up with it are the ones bitching. Btw just cause we dont waist 50% of our time searching through these posts doesnt make us noobs.

For me I dont particularly like the new episodes, I dont need a trilogy that has cliff hangers, to keep my attention, I like one episode, with an ending. Also im sorry, I know this is a business but I hate the Dr Pepper, Sprite, and Doritos, Rock Star f*cking plugs/product integration, its way to f*cking obvious (Im not gonna byuy that sh*t b/c it on SP). I dont want to speak for everyone but I think when we say we dont like the computer animation we mean all the f*cking shadding and detail, SP to me is supposed to look like Sh*t I could make. I find the biggest problem is it seems that every episode, has to do with something current with lack of old school characters, and that cool every now and then but not what seems to be half the season, I know the Jonas Brothers are gay, as well as High School Musical, if i wanted to know more about them I would watch the disney channel, or the news.

I know Im prob gonna get thrashed for saying all of this, but I dont care, this topic was about going back to old school, so if you like the new stuff, thats your prob, and dont bitch at me for voicing my opinion on a f*cking forum I agree with. I know SP will not go back to its old roots concerning animation, but they could bring back the old school more random, plots where every joke isnt spelled out so a 4 yr old can understand.
likethis_youdobitch

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:04 am

speedracer0197 wrote:[a bunch of crap about how nobody is allowed to voice their opinion except speedracer0197 and those who agree with him/her]

:lol:

Seriously dude, get over it. The show sucks now, or maybe it doesn't, or whatever, and they can't go back to the old days because it's not the old days anymore.

Just accept it, you big whiny infant. :)
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:12 am

pilatus wrote:thanks to the mod for his reply. it is the only valuable piece of info here.

i wanted to emphasize that the show seems to concentrate more on crap rather than on real deep and funny jokes & entertainment.
Oh my god, I have huge amounts of complaints here. First of all:
Stop making these "Go back to the roots" threads! They're are getting annoying! :x
Two: You post a dumb comment, and people responded. Then you trollishly belittle them. I have more complaints, but that's all for now.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:25 am

speedracer0197 wrote:ShadooOmega why do you say mostly noobs are bitching about the new episodes, seems to me it would be little 12 yr olds (maybe like yourself, maybe not) who would like the new episodes, and older folk who grew up with it are the ones bitching. Btw just cause we dont waist 50% of our time searching through these posts doesnt make us noobs.

For me I dont particularly like the new episodes, I dont need a trilogy that has cliff hangers, to keep my attention, I like one episode, with an ending. Also im sorry, I know this is a business but I hate the Dr Pepper, Sprite, and Doritos, Rock Star f*cking plugs/product integration, its way to f*cking obvious (Im not gonna byuy that sh*t b/c it on SP). I dont want to speak for everyone but I think when we say we dont like the computer animation we mean all the f*cking shadding and detail, SP to me is supposed to look like Sh*t I could make. I find the biggest problem is it seems that every episode, has to do with something current with lack of old school characters, and that cool every now and then but not what seems to be half the season, I know the Jonas Brothers are gay, as well as High School Musical, if i wanted to know more about them I would watch the disney channel, or the news.

I know Im prob gonna get thrashed for saying all of this, but I dont care, this topic was about going back to old school, so if you like the new stuff, thats your prob, and dont bitch at me for voicing my opinion on a f*cking forum I agree with. I know SP will not go back to its old roots concerning animation, but they could bring back the old school more random, plots where every joke isnt spelled out so a 4 yr old can understand.

I didn't really like Imaginland or Elementary School Musical either....however, there are people who like some of the new episodes that are older than 12, people have different opinions. I prefer the old seasons, but I like a few of the new ones too.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:32 am

speedracer0197 wrote:ShadooOmega why do you say mostly noobs are bitching about the new episodes, seems to me it would be little 12 yr olds (maybe like yourself, maybe not) who would like the new episodes, and older folk who grew up with it are the ones bitching. Btw just cause we dont waist 50% of our time searching through these posts doesnt make us noobs.

Congratulations. Here comes your thrashing. The old plots were good and the new ones are good. get over it. ShadooOmega is right. these noob things are getting annoying.
The old folks are bitching
really? You're not a noob? You've been here over 3 months? News to me. The old ones aren't complaining, the noobs are. The old folks (Shane, PT, etc.) haven't complained once.
Just because we're not wasting 50% of our time here doesn't make us noobs.
Actually, it technically does. Since when is it "wasting" any time? You seem like a noob, too. You misspell things, you use chatspeak, you make trollish posts... you get the point.
I hate dr. pepper, sprite, and doritos
what does that have to do with the new season?
I don't need a trilogy with cliffhangers
When did that happen? You're confusing me....
I dont want to speak for everyone but I think when we say we dont like the computer animation we mean all the f*cking shadding and detail, SP to me is supposed to look like Sh*t I could make.
Get with the times. The enhanced detail makes it look better.
I find the biggest problem is it seems that every episode, has to do with something current with lack of old school characters, and that cool every now and then but not what seems to be half the season, I know the Jonas Brothers are gay, as well as High School Musical, if i wanted to know more about them I would watch the disney channel, or the news.
Again, get with the times!
I know Im prob gonna get thrashed for saying all of this, but I dont care, this topic was about going back to old school, so if you like the new stuff, thats your prob, and dont bitch at me for voicing my opinion on a f*cking forum I agree with.
I'm gonna bitch at you all I want. Not because of your opinon, but the way you presented it.

Dude, if you think it will cause trouble, don't post it. End of story.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
speedracer0197

Postby speedracer0197 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:54 am

Wii fit man, you're f*cking retarded. Being a noob on this site has nothing to do with being a "noob" to southpark. I dont give a sh*t who Shane or PT is. This website is a small percentage of the SP fan-base, I know more people not on this site who don't like the new episodes and have watched SP it since ep. 1. These are the old folks dipshit.

P.S. sure I knew it might get the attention of some people and "cause trouble" but is that a reason to not post it. And I dont need a f*cking english or correct web blog grammar lesson, its never been a strong point for me but really who the f*ck cares, its a forum, not the Britannica encyclopedia
Last edited by speedracer0197 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
likethis_youdobitch

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:58 am

speedracer0197 wrote:Wii fit man, you're f*cking retarded. Being a noob on this site has nothing to do with being a "noob" to southpark. I dont give a sh*t who Shane or PT is. This website is a small percentage of the SP fan-base, I know more people not on this site who don't like the new episodes and have watched SP it since ep. 1. These are the old folks dipshit.

OLD FOLKS!! HURRRR

Return to “General South Park Discussion”