Rate the Midseason 13 of South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

RideTheLightning

Re: Rate the Midseason 13 of South Park

Postby RideTheLightning » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Alright this is my rating and this time I'm gonna be super cereal about it,

The Ring: 8.5/10 It made me laugh, good to see Kenny

The Coon: 8.7/10 It didn't make me laugh as much as The Ring but it was really fun to watch.

Margaritaville: 9.3/10 It was awesome, it shows that SP can be so current and at the same time be original and be written really well. Also it had a lot of Cartman vs. Kyle which we haven't seen in a while.

Eat Pray Queef 7.5/10 It was really funny, but it bored the sh*t outta me, the beginning was cool, but then it traveled to Washington and got funny, but boring as f*ck.

Fishsticks 8.9/10 Pretty funny, Kanye kind of took over the show though, but for the next few days it was cool seeing everyone in my whole f*cking school walk around saying "Do you like Fishsticks?!"

Pinewood Derby: 7.2/10 Where the f*ck were the kids in this one?

Fatbeard 9.7/10 My favorite, the episode came together really well, the song was great, it always cracks me up, it was just the kids, it had an awesome moral that I loved, it ripped on Susan Boyle (she's not THAT amazing, people) and it was really fun to watch.
Eraeser

Postby Eraeser » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:17 pm

the purity ring - 10/10 Best one of the season so far.
the coon - 5/10 Worst one of the season.
margaritaville - 8/10 Loved the message.
eat, pray, queef - 8/10 Loved the parody of double standards a whole lot.
fishsticks - 7/10 Eh, it was alright, had its moments.
pinewood derby - 6/10 Nothing special here either.
fatbeard - 6/10 Wasn't feeling it that much.

Overall, I think South Park needs to improve. Then again, 13 years is a long time to do anything, so it's bound to happen.
It's just like you to paint those whiter fences.
It's so polite, it's so polite, it's offensive.
Kennyfan84

Postby Kennyfan84 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:38 am

So far.

The Ring- 10/10- Great first episode, Great to see Kenny & the Mickey Mouse parts were genius, & the four boys together is so much better.
The Coon- 2/10- Can't stand Cartman only episodes, Professor Chaos and General Disarry are the only reason to watch
Margaritaville- 7/10- Had it's moments, the ending with Kyle fixing things and Obama getting the credit was great.
Eat, Pray, Queef- 1/10- For those who know they're South Park history, the beginning was great but not my taste in humor.

Haven't seen the other three but i have them on my DVR. All in all, the 13th Season has had it's gems but like every South Park season since the 10th, it's been hit and miss. I blame it on laziness as it seems we get too much Cartman or Randy only episodes are boring. Cartman's funnier when he sharing time with Stan, Kyle, and Kenny while Randy has been overexposed, you know what they say about too much of a good thing. I wish South Park would use more characters again.
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:24 am

Moi order official, but of course just for fun:

Aww, they're all so good!

1. The Ring (I know its not the strongest, but I still really relate to it! "I got a ring on my finger that tells me that I must be true... baybaeey...") 9/10

2. Fatbeard (Da F***!) 9.2/10

3. Margaritaville (I think this is the nearly, if not the most careful, obtuse, and memorable their satire's ever been. The chicken: need I say more?) 9/10

4. Fishsticks (I think Jimmy is my favorite underused character, this was a nice soft side to him. "How do you live with yourself??") 8.7/10

5. The Coon (Meant to be seen in 16:9, for sure! Another predictably great Cartman episode. "Now I'm over here!") 8.7/10

6. Pinewood Derby (Its a pretty standard episode, but I've always been a fan of slow-paced sci-fi, so its a bit more fun to watch because of how excessive it goes; and like always, its super-memorable, which is the most a show can hope for) 8/10

7. Eat, Pray, Queef (I think they just wanted to do something stupid again, which I respect in some ways. The irony of Queefing not being okay and farting being fine was way overused, but that's probably just them wanting to be dumb and have fun, which I pretty much entirely respect. In a perfect world, I would totally. Either way, the song alone is one of the most awesome things they've done; somehow better than the We Are The World sorta song back in 'Flashbacks') 7.1/10

As is ALWAYS the case, f*ck the critics! :)
That's the conclusion of anyone with a conscience ;)
King Warden

Postby King Warden » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 am

The purity ring - 8/10
The coon - 6.7/10
Margaritaville - 8/10
Eat, pray, queef -5/10
Fishsticks - 7/10
Pinewood derby - 7.5/10
Fatbeard - 9/10
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:55 am

The Ring: 8/10
The Coon: 10/10
Margaritaville: 9/10
Eat, Pray, Queef: 7/10
Fishsticks: 10/10
Pinewood Derby: 6/10
Fatbeard: 10/10

A couple of perfect eps, lots of great laughs, one not-so-great ep, and a gaseous mediocre.
zunipus

Postby zunipus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:47 am

Mostly fun, with a few rotting skunk corpses along the way. No surprise that the corpses show up every time Matt and Trey attempt to make political statements. They have the uncanny ability to be totally politico-clueless.

Oh woe are we to have had the Neo-Con-Job scum voted out of office to be replaced by the administration of Barack Obama. We must mock him if we are to save ourselves. *rolling eyes* He still hasn't finished 100 days and oh the woe: Change when? He gets credit for saving the South Park economy when Kyle made the true sacrifice. Toss another rotting dead skunk corpse political commentary into the show. That will save us! Like we need W Bush and his Kristol Kult of Krazies back ruining the country some more. Such high humor Matt and Trey. Oh, I mean low humor. No, I mean no humor. Just cluelessness. Stick to comedy guys. That's something you understand.
===========
“The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.”
~ George W. Bush
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:01 pm

I find it hard to rate episodes out of ten. Overall I'd say that this has been a good season so far, where no episode has been an all-time classic, but they have all been good episodes. I found The Ring to be slightly weaker than the others, but since the start of season eleven I have been finding that the first episode in each run of seven is generally the one I like the least.
billyfro420

Postby billyfro420 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:08 pm

1. Fishsticks: 10/10 funiiest episode by far the dissing on kanye was awesome and the ownage of carlos mencia was good.
2.margaritaville:9/10 pretty funny i thought the reference to bible was funny and the sur la table.
3.purity rings: 7/10 was mainly just funny with the mouse, the music was ridiculous, i dont watch disney channel so WTF?
4.the coon: 5/10 was funny becuz of the parodyish of batman, funny to see professor chaos again i guess.
5.eat,pray,queef: 4/10 i didnt like it at all but not the least funny, it had some okay parts but wats the point, im not a 40 yr old dike.
6.pinewood derby: 4/10 wasn't very funny but i guess some parts were funny, the diss on cops was funny tho.
7.fatbeard: 1/10 definitely the worst episode i have ever seen probly, WAY too much music, and wat was the point? there waas no real funny parts and them trying to introduce new phrases is lame, stick with the random swearing and "god damnit" and ill be happy
sometimes life is a game, and you gotta take some chances,
we all got choices to make, every action has a reaction,
and when your backs against the wall you can duck or cover
or your could come out blastin

kottonmouth kings for life
billyfro420

Postby billyfro420 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:21 pm

just checkin if my avatar works
sometimes life is a game, and you gotta take some chances,
we all got choices to make, every action has a reaction,
and when your backs against the wall you can duck or cover
or your could come out blastin

kottonmouth kings for life
ScottMalkinson4

Postby ScottMalkinson4 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:55 pm

I will rank them in order - best to worst

The Coon- 9/10
FatBread- 8.9/10
Fishsticks- 8.8/10
Margaritaville- 7/10
The Ring- 6.9/10
Eat, Pray, Queef- 5/10
Pinewood Derby- 2/10
pegtheleg1

Postby pegtheleg1 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:58 pm

the ring - 8/10
the coon - 10/10
margaritaville - 11/10
eat pray queef - 9/10
fishsticks - 7/10
pinewood derby - 10/10
fatbeard - 8.5/10

great season so far only problem is i have to wait to c the rest haha
pegtheleg1

Postby pegtheleg1 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:01 pm

zunipus wrote:Mostly fun, with a few rotting skunk corpses along the way. No surprise that the corpses show up every time Matt and Trey attempt to make political statements. They have the uncanny ability to be totally politico-clueless.

Oh woe are we to have had the Neo-Con-Job scum voted out of office to be replaced by the administration of Barack Obama. We must mock him if we are to save ourselves. *rolling eyes* He still hasn't finished 100 days and oh the woe: Change when? He gets credit for saving the South Park economy when Kyle made the true sacrifice. Toss another rotting dead skunk corpse political commentary into the show. That will save us! Like we need W Bush and his Kristol Kult of Krazies back ruining the country some more. Such high humor Matt and Trey. Oh, I mean low humor. No, I mean no humor. Just cluelessness. Stick to comedy guys. That's something you understand.

your an assh*le their rippin de piss deal with it
if n dont like de jokes dont watch de show

Return to “General South Park Discussion”