South Park Ain't What It Used To Be Megathread

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Haris

South Park Ain't What It Used To Be Megathread

Postby Haris » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Southpark is my favorite cartoon series...
But you are using too many computer effects... Don't you see you are destroying southpark???
Look at the episodes on the first seasons... When you used paper the episodes were soooo much better...
Don't damage southpark anymore...
Go back to paper! Or at least stop putting so many effects...
You are simply losing touch with it.....
BRMBug

Re: Stop using so many computer effects on southupark....

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:20 pm

They've used computers since episode 102.
And I really don't understand how "computer effects"-y you mean. There's been stuff that's looked a little too computer generated since Fat Camp at least, and it hasn't bothered me too much.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:34 pm

BRMBug wrote:They've used computers since episode 102.
And I really don't understand how "computer effects"-y you mean.

Well, Mickey suddenly growing huge is one. I can't think of a time I've seen that on the show before except when people are running towards the camera, heh (and that happens all the time).
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ShadooOmega

Postby ShadooOmega » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Dude, you're being like that bomber guy who was trying to destroy technology. Stop. The effects are fine, if anything they enhances the show. Now, I know I sound like a Graphics Whore (Which I'm not, I still play 64 actually), but the effects are fine man. If you don't like it then watch the old episodes again.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:35 am

Big-Will wrote:Well, Mickey suddenly growing huge is one. I can't think of a time I've seen that on the show before except when people are running towards the camera, heh (and that happens all the time).

Well, yeah. Technically, they're all computer effects. But there are some that look particularly computery and stick out in my mind. Like when the turntable flipped around with Kenny on it in Fat Camp, when Towelie MkII turned around on a turntable in Towelie, (that seemed to be a sticky area with them in the middle seasons) and Kenny's red lockbox in A Ladder to Heaven.

...I was just trying to think how they did the growing transitions in Mecha Striesand. I may have to watch that later when I have more time and see.
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:45 am

Good idea! We have to tell Matt and Trey to go back to making it 100% construction Paper cut out, I mean it would take them about 2 months or so to come out with every new episode, but yea! Great idea! Use construction paper and make the episodes make your eyes want to barf instead of having them looking good and clean. Very logical indeed.

I'm seriously getting sick of all these "Go back to the way it was in the first four seasons" bullcrap.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:47 am

Dude get use to it, a new season means there will be plenty more threads like these to come
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:49 am

I know but it's only been one day since season 13 aired and 3 threads have been made saying the same stupid sh*t. That's just something that gets on my nerves, how people can be so f*cking ignorant and arrogant.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 am

I don't know man
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
ShadooOmega

Postby ShadooOmega » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:21 am

RideTheLightning wrote:I know but it's only been one day since season 13 aired and 3 threads have been made saying the same stupid sh*t. That's just something that gets on my nerves, how people can be so f*cking ignorant and arrogant.

Yep. Why do you think I think about killing myself every day? You know how many times I've lost complete faith in Humanity? Too many to bother counting. Just try to suppress it man, thats all I can say...

But seriously, I feel like I'm in that movie Idiocracy. GLaD to find someone who kinda feels how I do.
catpeekenny

Postby catpeekenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:53 am

Am I alone in thinking that the newer animation has benefited these past four or so seasons? I really enjoy the improved animation. It adds to that popcorn style style the show has pursued. Sure, it isn't as crude, but maybe it's actually nice to enjoy what you're looking at.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:59 am

With all honesty here, I like the crappy animation in Damien. It made it a bit more funny. I don't mind the new style, though, some places are nicer than without, and it makes transitions smoother.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Haris

Postby Haris » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:18 pm

When southpark began it totally had it's own magic.. And this is something that came out of the paper too..
The problem with every cartoon show nowadays is that everyone is starting to make anything in computers and simply spoil what the original show was.
I don't care about blurring my eyes sometimes, but that is what made me love that show and it saddens me that every season from now on will be more computerized.
I'm not against technology or anything like that.. I just love something when it 's original..
And it wouldn't take them 2-3 months to create a show. They have a crew to support them...
And even if that was the case I would love to have fewer episodes but episodes made with the same passion they were in the beginning...
WiLLiaint

Postby WiLLiaint » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:19 pm

I bet you $100 that they used computer digital effects on the first four seasons. Only the first was 90% paper.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:51 pm

The first episode was made out of paper, everything else is made from the computer.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”