South Park Ain't What It Used To Be Megathread

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kelly MacCornmac

Re: South Park has changed.

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Scotland wrote:If you don't like the show, then why are you watching it?

Whats to stop you from simply changing the channel onto something else?

Perhaps it is because they hope it will be better the next time around. The older seasons are way better than it is today, and today's episodes are a bit weak, but I still watch it. I don't laugh at most episodes but I still like a few. This is what keeps me coming to watch it, but I realize that I need to find a new show to watch. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a good show now a days. Even if I do find it, I will still watch SP.

EDIT: I bet if I was new or under a different name, I would have been attacked also. Why am I not attacked now? Because I am a vet to this forum and people have a bias towards me? Sure, I'm tried of these threads too, but that doesn't mean their opinion will change after attacking them.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
ll82ll

this season sucks

Postby ll82ll » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:06 am

this season is not nearly as good as the previouse ones the queef sisters really!!!

i demand a two girls one cup episode and if demands arent met i probably will do nothing about and continue watching the show and not laugh
GlittersBlings

Re: this season sucks

Postby GlittersBlings » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:08 am

You haven't watched all the episodes. Some of them are good such as " Fishsticks" and " The Coon".
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah, who cares about two girls, one cup? SP can do an episode on whatever it wants.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:17 am

Suck on a fishstick.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
..Daft..

Postby ..Daft.. » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:02 am

Please..
MaAuthoritah

Postby MaAuthoritah » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:47 am

Oh wow. You know, that's really nice! MnT break their backs to create SP for all us fans and you go and snub their work.
Sure, we all have our opinions on our fave/least fave seasons but still just to come out and say that is extremely rude!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:08 am

[quote="MaAuthoritah" MnT break their backs to create SP for all us fans[/quote]

Let's not get carried away. They put the pressure on themselves to make something decent by the deadline, but they enjoy doing it, are rewarded nicely for their efforts, and they get plenty of time to enjoy the best of life.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:53 pm

*plugs a vacuum to this season* Damn it's not working!

Oh you are talking about the other type of suck. Okay, carry on, nothing to see here.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Alan Thicke

Postby Alan Thicke » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:26 pm

You know why it changed? Because if you keep putting out the same crap over and over again, people will get bored and stop watching.
vommit

Postby vommit » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:45 am

The OP is completely right, the show has changed, regardless of validity of some of the details of his argument. It used to be an odd, funny balance of cute/ridiculous humor, with some parodies of current events. There was so much creativity!

Now it seems like they're bored, as they constantly use current events as inspiration. I believe it is because the fire in them has burnt out. They've pushed the show as far as it can go, and now it's just a source of income. Can you not see that they're rehashing the same formula over and over again? The formula just isn't funny to me.

Here lies South Park, one of the greatest shows ever.
Season 1 - Season 11
R.I.P.

:(
tommy2tone20

Postby tommy2tone20 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:41 am

ll82ll wrote:this season is not nearly as good as the previouse ones the queef sisters really!!!

i demand a two girls one cup episode and if demands arent met i probably will do nothing about and continue watching the show and not laugh

agreed
zunipus

Postby zunipus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:54 am

When South Park really sucks is any time they make political statements. Two of their worst episodes use the lame 'BearManPig' routine to apparently make fun of Gore. The Coon episode has an Obama 'Change' poster with 'When' painted over it. Um, huh? The guy just passed the 100 day mark and he's supposed to have undone 8 years of damage by the Bush League bozos? It's clearly not a comedy statement. I can't connect the poster with Cartman's stupidity. Who's laughing about our messed over country?

So please Trey and Matt. Restrain your political comments. They're clueless. Stick to humor. Next you'll be extolling the virtues of Newt Gingrich and make us all puke. And that's not good. OK?
===========
“The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.”
~ George W. Bush
MarkAster

Postby MarkAster » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:28 pm

"Sucks" is a relative term. I don't expect every episode to be sterling, but I think this season's best balances out with the so-called "worst."

I still admire Trey's ability to write so quickly and profusely, considering that other TV shows use rooms full of writers and still can't come up with jack sh*t other than 50-year-old sitcom plots that have to be sweetened with the canned laughter of audiences that kicked the bucket during the Dave Garroway era of TV ...
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:36 pm

:cartmanangry: Your season sucks! :cartmanangry:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”