Can Ya Please Answer The Questions the Characters' Clothing?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

nwt000

Can Ya Please Answer The Questions the Characters' Clothing?

Postby nwt000 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Why is it that even indoors, most 4th graders wear jackets and hats? The kindergarteners and 6th graders don't do it. Also, how come South Park Elementary doesn't follow the no hat policies most American schools implent today? Next up, why does Kenny wear his gloves inside all the time? Also, what are the types of shoes each of the characters wear? Stan and all the other guys except for Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny seem to wear the same shoes. The girls also seem to wear the same shoes as most of the guys, but all of the shoes may be different. The adults seem to have shoe variations: the Marshes, the McCormicks, Lianne Cartman, Gerald, Steven, Mr. Garrison, Mr. Mackey, Principal Victoria, Mayor McDaniels, etc. Then there seem to be pums/flats worn by certain women, most notably Linda Stotch. Cartman's shoes have a wedge on the sole, Kyle's shoes loke a little rectangular, and Kenny's shoes are perfectly square. So what type of shoes are the guys wearing: dress shoes, tennis shoes, snow boots, (which I doubt based on a few episodes' evidence), or somthing completely different? As for the girls: clogs, boots, sneakers, or other? Finally do you think the characters wear socks on a regular basis? And one more thought: would more chicks dig Craig if they saw his black hair and would girls want to take Stan from Wendy if they saw his hair of the same color? Just a few thoughts about fashion in the South Park universe. P.S. to all the fan artists who think the girls wear dresses/skirts, you are very wrong. They can't be wearing skirts based on the way their legs are shown when separated and they can't be wearing tights because their jackets/shirts are too high up.
nwt000

Re: Can Ya Please Answer The Questions the Characters' Clothing?

Postby nwt000 » Sun May 31, 2009 5:23 am

One more thing: do you think some kids wear sweatpants or do you think they all wear regular trousers? Also, should Trey and Matt do a character guide book where they talk about the characters' history, philosophy, clothes, and other necessary information for South Park fans to know?
BRMBug

Re: Can Ya Please Answer The Questions the Characters' Clothing?

Postby BRMBug » Sun May 31, 2009 11:35 am

I think it's more of a characterization thing. I mean, they always wear the hats, coats, and gloves because it's cold in Colorado, and over time their clothes have sort of defined their characters. As far as the specifics of their clothes go, I really don't know where to start with all of that.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”