Gerbils

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Morgueanna

Gerbils

Postby Morgueanna » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 am

I was watching the "Death Camp of Tolerance" episode and it reminded me of a conversation I had in the pet store a few weeks back. I was looking at all the cute little hamsters, rabbits, (non-evil, pirate, saurus) guinea pigs, and I asked why there were no gerbils. The woman working there didn't know why herself. She just said they were illegal to own in California.

I looked it up and saw several reasons...or theories as to why they're illegal to own.

1. Supposedly if several escape and breed, they could destroy crops.

-I find fault in this since farmers use all kinds of pesticides and rodent killers to stop bugs, rabbits, and mice.

2. Overpopulation in general.

-Again, look at hamsters, mice, and rabbits. Those things breed like crazy yet they're not illegal.

3.Supposedly they can be 'vicious' to other animals.

-Are they cereal? I think any animal can be vicious. So why discriminate against these ones in particular?

4. I bet you were waiting for this one...okay, so one of the reasons that came up a lot in the search was because a lot of people are known for sticking them up their a$$.

-Sickos have done all kinds of wrong things to animals over the years. If that were the case, I think it'd probably be illegal to own any animal.

So, if any of you know the real reason(s) as to why Californians can't own a gerbil, please tell me.
Or if you just want to make some kind of comment relevant to any of this, go ahead!

P.S. I would love to see Lemmiwinks continue his journey as the Gerbil King. I know it's been 7 seasons since his appearance but that would be so rad! [white][/white]
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
novemberm00n24

Re: Gerbils

Postby novemberm00n24 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:41 am

Because they've got sharp teeth... :lol:

Probably because they would destroy the crops... That sounds pretty stupid though... There would have to be thousands of them... I don't think that enough gerbils could accually escape to form colonies and destoy crops... They must really not trust you Californians to keep control of your pets...

I suppose they're arfaid that some evil person would buy thousands of gerbils and release them on purpose to kill crops... That sounds like a pretty reasonable reason to ban gerbils. :lol:
Sex, South Park, and Rock n Roll
Morgueanna

Postby Morgueanna » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:39 am

novemberm00n24 wrote:Because they've got sharp teeth... :lol:

Probably because they would destroy the crops... That sounds pretty stupid though... There would have to be thousands of them... I don't think that enough gerbils could accually escape to form colonies and destoy crops... They must really not trust you Californians to keep control of your pets...

I suppose they're arfaid that some evil person would buy thousands of gerbils and release them on purpose to kill crops... That sounds like a pretty reasonable reason to ban gerbils. :lol:

:chaos:
Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha! Professor Chaos will rise! I shall use my minions and the Gerbil King Lemmiwinks to unleash a fury upon South Park! Wait...did the Simpsons do it?
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
novemberm00n24

Postby novemberm00n24 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:29 am

Simpsons did it.
Sex, South Park, and Rock n Roll

Return to “General South Park Discussion”