South park will never be the same

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Mr.Mackey94

South park will never be the same

Postby Mr.Mackey94 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:24 am

Hello South park studios and all,
I would like to make this topic based on why and how south park has changed since the seventh season.

today south park to me is just another show on TV trying to be funny in ways they're not anymore. What im simply trying to say is that before south park started becoming a show based on the outside world and everything and everyone outside southpark, it was a show about 4 little boys from a redneck town making all fun new ways to have fun and venture around making mistif. Now southpark is always being based on the outside world and all the celebrity's in it.
All im asking from Trey and Matt to make south park about the 4 boys and everything and everyone inside the town,

A great example is the pinewood derby episode they recently made, it was funny and it didn't have to deal with any celebrity's.
I really enjoyed that episode truly.
I have been a huge south park fan since the show first aired on TV in the late 90's. I know what its like to enjoy a south park episode and enjoy just the town itself.
If you were a huge south park fan you would understand were im coming from on this.

Thank you Matt stone and Trey Parker for all he glorious episodes that made me laugh through the years and The Hilarious two film Baseketball an Team America(f*ck YA!).

---- Jay
Cleveland :assface:
piazzaj

Re: South park will never be the same

Postby piazzaj » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:56 am

I understand where you are coming from, but I think what Trey and Matt have done with the show since season 7 is unbelievable. They use current events and celebrity screw-ups and turn them into episodes tied in with the 4 little boys you still love and adore. I've always told my friends that South Park does the best job at making fun of people. In no other show do they use such irony and extremism to prove a point.

Episodes like "Le Petite Tourette" do an unbelievable job at exaggerating celebrity's quirks. Chris Hansen's drawn out introduction for himself had me in stitches. I've always hated Kanye West, so "Fishsticks" was a special treat for me. Every show that has been on the air for as long as south park (not many), has to progress and change at some point. I love the fact that they are able to come out with episodes about current events so fast without lacking any quality or humor whatsoever.
Master_Of_All

Postby Master_Of_All » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:36 am

I would like to make this topic based on why and how south park has changed since the seventh season.
yes, this topic hasn't been made thousands of times, no way >_>

A great example is the pinewood derby episode they recently made, it was funny and it didn't have to deal with any celebrity's.
I'm sure most of the forum agrees that that episode was a gigantic load of crap.

If you were a huge south park fan you would understand were im coming from on this.
I'm pretty sure everyone on the SOUTH PARK forum is a huge fan of SOUTH PARK
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:08 am

Mr.Mackey94 wrote:Hello South park studios and all,

today south park to me is just another show on TV trying to be funny in ways they're not anymore. What im simply trying to say is that before south park started becoming a show based on the outside world and everything and everyone outside southpark, it was a show about 4 little boys from a redneck town making all fun new ways to have fun and venture around making mistif. Now southpark is always being based on the outside world and all the celebrity's in it.
All im asking from Trey and Matt to make south park about the 4 boys and everything and everyone inside the town,

I have been a huge south park fan since the show first aired on TV in the late 90's. I know what its like to enjoy a south park episode and enjoy just the town itself.

Thank you Matt stone and Trey Parker for all he glorious episodes that made me laugh through the years and The Hilarious two film Baseketball an Team America(f*ck YA!).

---- Jay
Cleveland :assface:

What an original topic.

See, if South Park was still a show about 4 little boys in a little redneck town, nobody would watch it. Believe it or not some things get stale after 13 seasons and 200 episodes. So if the show was still like it was back in seasons 1-4 you wouldn't care because you'd be bored at this point.

It's the same deal like when they want to make an episode about the kids being kids like in the Lord of the Rings episode, or in Breast Cancer Show Ever or Lil Crime Stoppers. If they did that every episode then there'd be no point behind it, when an episode about kids being kids would come up (which would be every episode) it would be a normal old episode. Now when an episode all about the kids comes up it's always really cool and special.

Plus like everything else, a TV show needs to progress. If it doesn't and there's no writing, character, or episode development then that's just lazy writing.

If the show became "classic" again then it would do nothing more than take the classic feeling away from the old episodes.
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:17 am

I think they, on the surface, have a good balance... think about 'Breast Cancer Show Ever', or how they kept Pandemic going during the election.
Sometimes they get silly and irrelevant to the present day and it bugs people, but they're probably better for it. They still do both.

They do both, and they do both well. I don't see a problem.
But if its just a general sense of awe you're missing from them, maybe I can explain that (though I think they're awe has just matured now).

They're too old to be as bizarre and messy and ambitious as they used to be; but that's true with every male on Earth in their late thirties/forties. There's probably a good reason behind it; like a feeling of achievement, like you've said your part that way, and its time to approach things differently.

I heard a story from a friend recently about how she was pissed off at her neighbor for not cleaning up a tree that had fallen on her lawn from his, for not even bothering to help her. She eventually just flipped him off, and the next day, a giant branch flew onto his new grill. The next morning, he was cleaning it all up.
She just put her energy out there, and the world found a way to see what should happen, happen.

I guess the moral is that nature wants to help us out, and sometimes busting our asses off to be 'ambitious' and 'be everything we were in our prime', is sometimes pointless. If we're right, order will naturally take place. Matt and Trey are probably to that point; they've said a lot, and its smarter to keep the messages sharper and more sparse, let the world save itself a bit, to trust it with itself. Its a very Zen thing, and Trey was raised Buddhist of sorts.

So you won't see season 2 sorta 'what the show was', or a 'BASEkball' charisma out of them, because they can't be that carefree and bubbling with all the vigor in the world any more. There simply isn't a reason to be.

So like all good things, the show will keep changing, and aging, and like they hope in some ways, should continue to become virtually unwatchable to those who aren't ready for it.

So don't complain to them, don't complain at all. Thank life that life changes, that it makes us question.
Nerdy

Postby Nerdy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:31 pm

I thought it was pretty good

(butters fans SHOULD know what im quoting=D)
giulietta

Postby giulietta » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:41 am

Nerdy wrote:I thought it was pretty good

(butters fans SHOULD know what im quoting=D)

China problem.

I'm in agreeance.
It's the Big Texas Butters show.
HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU!!

If a killer put a knife to my throat and said have sex with your father or else I'm gonna kill your mother while having sex with you, I would have sex with myself.
SegaSaturn

Postby SegaSaturn » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:24 am

I don't think it's changed much.. if anything it's for the better. I like how things have progressed naturally. Kenny no longer dies every episode, there's no more Chef, and the episodes deal with broader topics now.

Family Guy has done the same thing. If you stay the same, the show gets boring, and you lose fans.

Anywho, to each their own I guess.
spfan1

Postby spfan1 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:13 am

season 7-on is better than original IMHO
You're reading this because it might be funny.
BombCanada

Postby BombCanada » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 pm

I enjoy South Park's fearless cutting on celebrities and current events. "Fishsticks" was f-ing funny. I can not imagine a world where South Park didn't make fun of douche bags like Kanye West and Tom Cruise.
Keep the satire coming our way! :cartmanlaugh:
WhatTheFork

Postby WhatTheFork » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Yeah I agree that the show was more entertaining back when it was about the kids from the small mountain town, but it's still good in a completely different way. I do appreciate that they criticize the outside world in a somewhat more intelligent way than shows like Family Guy.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:43 am

SegaSaturn wrote:I don't think it's changed much.. if anything it's for the better. I like how things have progressed naturally. Kenny no longer dies every episode, there's no more Chef, and the episodes deal with broader topics now.

Family Guy has done the same thing. If you stay the same, the show gets boring, and you lose fans.

You suck.

Kenny dying is awesome, and Chef was a good character.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Peg

Postby Peg » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Wii fit man wrote:
SegaSaturn wrote:I don't think it's changed much.. if anything it's for the better. I like how things have progressed naturally. Kenny no longer dies every episode, there's no more Chef, and the episodes deal with broader topics now.

You suck.

Kenny dying is awesome, and Chef was a good character.

Chef is fine, I mean, he's all 'Be yourself, not what's cool' but really, sometimes I got annoyed by his songs.
And Kenny's dying, I'm glad that's over with.
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:57 pm

There's only so much a show can do. It CAN'T be about 4 boys in a small mountain town because after everything they've been through, they're too worldly-wise to act like typical 9-year olds.

Collectively, they've been all over the world, in outer space, fought monsters, argued with celebrities, saved the world, made the news, taken down meth labs, befriended a talking towel and a talking piece of doodoo, talked to God and the Devil, made a best-selling christian rock album, and celebrated 12 Christmases.

There's no going back to the way it was.
Poofballhat

Postby Poofballhat » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:30 pm

I like where the show is going
Most of the things affecting us in the "real world" is...well stupid. But we don't really get a chance to make fun of it. So to see the boys on South Park saying the things we want to say is pretty refreshing.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”