South Park Studios outside the US?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

South Park Studios outside the US?

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm

I have been using this fine homepage and board for several years now!

But now I am denied access! (Just because I'm Danish - you racists!, heh)

Full image: http://img147.imageshack.us/i/tempom.jpg/

Instead they tell me to use southparkstudios.dk where I can't read any relevant news what so ever!

This is so lame!

It's one thing that they aren't allowed to show full episodes outside the US, but why do they deny us access to the entire .com page?

I use other sites for watching the show anyway (which I have also been doing for several years) because the episodes aren't shown on TV until years after the actual release.

Luckily I am able to get access to the page with a mozilla-add-on named "modify headers" - but I am still pissed off!

Do you agree - or do you all just think that Denmark is the Canada of Europe and that we should all just shut up?
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Re: South Park Studios outside the US?

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Furthermore:

On SPS.dk it's only possible to watch season 1 through11 !!

Luckily I can import the American DVD's through a specialized danish homepage - thank you internationalism!

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Localization sucks, doesn't it?

I'm thinking fans from individual countries want content in their own languages rather than in English. I know I've been asked to make copies of my site in other languages, but I just couldn't do it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
stanmarsh14

Postby stanmarsh14 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:31 am

First of all, hi Will..... long time, no see :)

This is the first time I have ever seen the main .com home page, beeing limited outside the US.

Sure, I can understand with respect to the ep's, being limited, due to licence, but why do over the entire .com site, with respect to where the user is located?

I have seen from the IRC chat for EG, that users in France, and Germany, actualy prefer the English ep's, over their own native tounge, yet find it actualy hard sometimes, to actualy view the english versions.

So, by limiting general viewing of the .com (Non ep streaming) site in this way (even though as far as I can see, there is no licencing reason to do so), you limit non-english speaking users, access to material, that they otherwise would not see.

Big-Will wrote:Localization sucks, doesn't it?

I'm thinking fans from individual countries want content in their own languages rather than in English. I know I've been asked to make copies of my site in other languages, but I just couldn't do it.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Well, as a Dane I have enjoyed your homepage for a long time as well Will, even though it's not in Danish : )

It's a great thing that I can read about the episode's "secrets" afterwards, because sometimes I miss the references to movies and such - probably because I'm European.

But sure, I can understand that some people might want South Park news in their native language, but it still has to be updated! On southparkstudios.dk you can't even read about the latest Emmy-winning!

Besides, all Europeans are pretty good at English excepts for the French (French people piss me off - the snobs of Europe)

southparkstudios.com should be available for everyone - with the full episodes limited to US-citizens if necessary IMO!

I don't see the reason to why it shouldn't?

By the way, southparkstudios.dk is in English anyhow! .. So, hey webmasters(!), I could translate your news for you! (for a nominal fee) hehe...
Last edited by MLZS__DA_SP_FAN on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:11 pm

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:On southparkstudios.com you can't even read about the latest Emmy-winning!

There's a News button for that...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Big-Will wrote:
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:On southparkstudios.com you can't even read about the latest Emmy-winning!

There's a News button for that...

(I meant southparkstudios.dk - sorry)
In which the only news is:

"Welcome to SOUTHPARKSTUDIOS.DK

- The official home of SouthPark - Check out your favourite clips, play games & get the latest news! ENJOY! "

So, no, there aren't any relevant South Park news on the Danish SPS site, which is the only accessible SPS homepage from Denmark (without using the trick I use, which I don't even know is legal or not?)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”