South Park in Quebec version ! Better then France ???

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

FreeQuebec86

South Park in Quebec version ! Better then France ???

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:04 am

WARNING this message contain bad word, but just for analysing lol

First, thx to South Park creators and producer for letting Quebec doing his own voice over.

First, i watched South Park translate in France. It was funny, but not "rude". We don't have the same expression and "accent".

It's a little bit like USA vs England, but even more.

Like in french of France. They used a LOT of the world "Putain", for "damn" i suppose.

Putain mean slut, french use a lot of "Sexual word" or "sh*t word" for swearing, like USA.

But in Quebec, our "BIG" bad word, are catholic related. Like :
Calisse, Tabarnak, Ostie, Criss ( Christ ) Sacrement.

We use them in "Combo" like, Ostie de tabarnak de cave. And the Quebec version of the show use all of the combo possibility maybe lol.

So, to me, Calisse de tabarnak, is worst then : Putain de merde.

I can not really compare you that with USA vs English language, because im not english lol. But Making South Park in Quebecers version, make me see the "rudity" of the language.

To me, f*ck, f*ckin sh*t, etc etc etc are not that rude, like if a english guy give me name, i will not care. And if it's a french of France one, i will laught lol.

Anyway, i wanted to express me about that ! Maybe english people here will not understand, so sorry ! lol

And i can see South Park Quebec version being banned in the future lol.

Keep on South Park !!!!!!!

and yah, my english suck !
Duofan

Re: South Park in Quebec version ! Better then France ???

Postby Duofan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 pm

I live in Montreal and I don't really think we need two different french version.

What if we need one that is french from Mauritius Island? Their language has french in it but they would find the Quebec french not funny and would say their slang are better and rudder.

I would actually like the France Version because everyone likes to make fun of the accent. If they released a Quebec French version, most of the other side of Canada would watch it and be like ' LOL they speak horribleh ' or the world would be like, oh there is actually a french speaking province in Canada?

It all depends on taste and I doubt the Network would go through the trouble of dubbing a french Quebec Version if it is not going to make more money out of it.

Just my two cents. Why don't you dub it yourself? Like the Quebec group who dubbed their own version of Lord or the Rings.
FreeQuebec86

Re: South Park in Quebec version ! Better then France ???

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:58 am

They did it for the movie "Slap Shot" and it's maybe the most "Quoted" movie in Quebec. Maybe quoted in this movie "touch" people, because it speak like them.

I admit, it's not "better". But i may touch more the Quebecer like me, who recongnize themself with that kind of swearing.

Xavier Dolan, the guy who made a movie and get reward at Cannes is in the voice over lol. He does Stan voice. That rock !

Return to “General South Park Discussion”