New South Park Sucks Ass!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

golferguy

Southpark is no longer funny

Postby golferguy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:43 am

I am one of the most avid southpark fans I've met; I've seen every episode at least 3 times now, and almost everything that happens around me i (sadly) relate to southpark. Southpark was one of the funniest shows ever, and it can still be, as long as Matt and Trey get their act together and stop making episodes like the ones in the past 2 seasons.

Season 13 is a complete trainwreck. Sure, it has the kanye episode and eat, pray, queef, and the ring, but those two episodes are the only remotely funny ones in this season. The episodes have become tactless; they stick to one joke throughout the whole episode and the lines that are supposed to be funny are now predictable.

The older episodes in the early seasons didn't try to parody off of one thing but made fun of many different subjects through a joke about, say, barbara streisand. seasons 12 and 13 don't do this. Its like they're trying too hard to be funny, and instead of laughing hysterically throughout the episodes the viewer is sitting there waiting for something funny to be said or happen. The episodes are now BORING, and no fun to watch anymore. Mabye the creators need to get some tips from the older seasons by rewatching them, because I don't think that I'll be able to watch another season after this one unless they start making them like they used to.

Not only are they not funny but to top it off they try to make things look too realistic now. They've gone past the point of no return unfortunately, but the realism contributes to the dryness of the jokes. Matt and Trey have either been replaced by jewbots who only eat latkes every day and neglect their writing, or they have run through all of their jokes and are trying to change the way southpark episodes look, sound, and make fun of things.
GrewUpWatchingSP

New South Park Sucks Ass!

Postby GrewUpWatchingSP » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:49 am

I have been watching South Park since the 4th or 5th grade. I am now 22. I remember Starvin Marvin was the first episode I ever saw. My parents were away on vacation and the baby sitter was cool so I was up real late and saw these cartoons using bad language and was amazed. The next day i went to Spencer Gifts and bought a South Park t shirt. Then I went to block buster and bought the first season on VHS all from watching one episode. I have loved every episode up until season 12 when i noticed South Park appeared to be ill. Then the new season began and I thought i was dreaming. The new season is so bad i cant believe it. I wish i could ask Matt and Trey WTF is going on. Every single episode sucks ass. The only thing comedy central had going for them was south park. I swear comedy central is run by retards. Secret Girl friend!? Im sure that show will flop just like all of comedy centrals shows. I don't know why new south park is so bad. its almost like some sick assh*le is purposely trying to destroy it. Matt and Trey better hope i don't run into them cause they will be sorry! South Park was my number one favorite show and now it f-in sucks! SOUTH PARK IS NO LONGER FUNNY! Matt and Trey might as well just end it all ready and spare the true fans further suffering. They make fun of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas for ruining works of art, so why cant they see what they are doing. They said in the raiders episode that the films don't belong to the directors they were made for us simple folk the fans. So why are they being such hypocrites? South Park was more than a show to me it was a part of life. I grew up watching south park and it kills me to see how lame it is now.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: New South Park Sucks Ass!

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:00 am

They said that about Steven Spielberg and George Lucas editing the films they already made and put in theaters, not about their new stuff. Matt and Trey have not gone back and edited anything that's already on DVD. You're mixing apples and oranges.

Now, if you're saying that Matt and Trey are raping South Park like Spielberg and Lucas did Indiana Jones, you're not alone in thinking so.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Danlane

Postby Danlane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:44 am

South Park should stop trying to pretend there aren't any current events going on in the world. These pointless episodes are just making it obvious that the writers are too cowardly to talk about anything that doesn't have firm public opinion behind it yet. The closest they've come to something that's actually on the viewers' minds is the episode about a show that's only out for ratings, but nobody was thinking about Whale Wars...

To the OP, I agree 100% except I would maintain that the creators of art own it completely and have the right to flush it down the toilet at any time (it's just sad to see it go). Until the past few (post Obama, what a coincidence), the only episodes I didn't like were the ones where directors were portrayed as slaves of their audience and that ridiculous "cows are so cute" vegetarian compromise. When it isn't trying to find middle ground where there isn't any, this is the best show on TV, and I hope it stays that way in the future.
Danlane

Postby Danlane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:53 am

Not to say this season hasn't been funny, but it's been...sitcom funny, or Family Guy ona bad day funny when it should be on a whole different level.
Danlane

Postby Danlane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:57 am

One more post. The ring and the coon were good, fatbeard and fishdicks weren't bad. You can keep the rest or put them in any show but South Park. They don't fit.
Keyshown

Postby Keyshown » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:00 am

We are all entitled to our opinions but I gotta say I'm shocked that you don't think this season is good. The F word was so dead on how vernacular has turned a word once used for gay people into its portrayed usage on the show. Butters as a pimp/The Cop prostitute? Dead Celebrities? I have been amazed at how original the topics have been but I'm open to others criticism
Just walk away and we will spare your lives
oilyGAVIN

Re: Southpark is no longer funny

Postby oilyGAVIN » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:38 pm

I still think it's funny. I laughed out loud(by myself) at last nights episode.

The show is more "political" now a days, going along with current, or semi-current, events. Maybe that's just me thinking though...who knows.

Anyway, I still enjoy watching the show and think it's funny! Although it is less funny less often....still fun to watch!
You shouldn't a done dat.
He's just a boy.
Poor little feller.
GrewUpWatchingSP

Postby GrewUpWatchingSP » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:23 pm

OMG!!! SOUTH PARK SUCKS NOW! I tried to make a new thread saying it sucked but they took it down. Ive been watching since 4th grade im now 22 years old. I want to cry when i see what they've done to south park.
GrewUpWatchingSP

Postby GrewUpWatchingSP » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:26 pm

They might as well end it than continue to rape it. They are such hypocrites! They are basically doing what Steven Spielberg and Lucas did to ruin their works of art. It makes me soooooooooo mad to watch new south park. MATT AND TREY STOP THE CRAP! SERIOUSLY SOUTH PARK IS MY FAVORITE SHOW AD YOU ARE RAPING IT!!!!!!!!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:04 pm

GrewUpWatchingSP wrote:OMG!!! SOUTH PARK SUCKS NOW! I tried to make a new thread saying it sucked but they took it down. Ive been watching since 4th grade im now 22 years old. I want to cry when i see what they've done to south park.

Guess what? golferguy made this thread before you made yours, so I merged them just now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Peg

Postby Peg » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Buncha gaywad moaners..
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
H_P

Postby H_P » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:32 pm

How's about you stop bitching and watch something else?

also, you are saying the show sucks but barely giving any reason why besides "it sucks"

The show is still amazing. Fanboys need to progress. You all keep on expecting a show about a mountain town, but guess what? SERIES EVOLVE. It's more about political and social satire. And the person who said they need to stop pretending current events don't happen...

WHAT THE f*ck ARE YOU ON? This show is all about current events now! And they still manage to portray them in a pretty ballsy way.

I can respect your opinion, but your opinion just shows that you are living in the past...

I mean, golferguy (or whatever his username is) at least had a valid argument. GrewUpWatchingSP is clearly just a fanboy living in the past. If your life is all about South Park, then you need to GET a life.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Dude...I think FG sucks do I go to their site and complain? No, I just don't watch it.
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:37 pm

I think ED has a word for you people.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual

Return to “General South Park Discussion”