New South Park Sucks Ass!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

turre

Re: New South Park Sucks Ass!

Postby turre » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:04 pm

"Evolving" and becoming "unfunny", "uncreative" and "boring" are different things. I could watch season 6 episodes all over again and never get bored, but watching "The F- Word" for ten minutes was enough for me.
Beard

Postby Beard » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:29 pm

fanofspark wrote:
iloveyouguys wrote:
Wii fit man wrote:That's because a few of us (Like myself) don't really care if we offend internet people.

Also, they don't need to apologize for anything.

thank you.

South Park is still the best show on earth, in my opinion. shows evolve. you mentioned The Simpsons; that show has changed a million times more than South Park. have you seen the first few seasons and compared them to the episodes now? come on.

also, learn some grammar. it doesn't matter how good your ideas are, because if you use phrases such as "Matt and Trey is", then you're really just making yourself look like a dumb ass.

haha, yeah, sorry, that was a mistake right there, should have double checked my grammar...thanks 4 the comment. And yes I do agree with you that series do and should evolve....i very strongly agree(as in my original reply).....but the characters should still uphold their roots....not evolve till we lose interest in them. Look at simpsons. If you examine carefully, the character's dialogue still identifies homer as homer, marge as marge and so on....just their art style has differed, to make the characters less violent and more family oriented. But still you still can identify them....

why don't you try this....don't watch south park(visually), just listen to it...the current season has less impact as compared to the older seasons

Take a look at the reviews from Tv.com.....south park ratings, although still levels around the margin of 8.6, the highest at 9(margaritaville) is incomparable to those of previous seasons. Some having ratings around 9.0 - 9.4....some not even the emmy winning episodes(although i do not deny there were some below 8)....this proves that i do not stand alone when i say south park has slightly lost it's touch

Just one more thing, don't u think that u'll lose your credibility if u show to much bad emotion(cursing other ppl without any formal reason to do so?) in these type of forums? Your views would b judge, as based on emotion, rather than what u really think. Btw, dis is just a general discussion(i'm not pointing fingers at anyone)....

we don't care. This is the internet. Open your eyes.
Formerly known as Master_Of_All

Consistent poster in the Character Discussion threads.
H_P

Postby H_P » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:08 pm

"Why change a masterpiece?"

Because you wanted to?

Matt and Trey don't care what exactly people think of their work. They do what they want, just going the direction they want to go.

You shouldn't make work so other people can like it. You should make art based on what you want and what you desire to make.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:22 pm

It's as good as ever. I don't see what people are complaining about.
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:02 am

stevesut1 wrote:It's as good as ever. I don't see what people are complaining about.

i know, right?
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
seamus yarr

Postby seamus yarr » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:57 am

i dont get why people are reacting the way they do about someone who doesnt like it

jesus christ youre not much better than the anime fans
"I tried to watch the Spurs game in my hotel room but I fell asleep"-Arsene wenger
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 pm

I think this is a case of The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie show.
People inevitably complain about periods in a series, people inevitably look back on it a little bit later and can see whats good about it. Sometimes you have to grow into a show, sometimes you're too big for it now and you grow out of it.
I think the second half of season 13 will be a bit weaker than the first half, but I still think this season is a big improvement over season 12, and is as good as seasons 7, 9 and 10.
See, no matter what I say, it just sounds arbitrary.

Either way, South Park will, I almost guarantee you, end at Season 15. They just want to be sure they've gotten everything they think they can from it.

Matt and Trey don't follow these laws you guys impose on them. And neither do The Simpsons. And neither do Family Guy. They don't dwell over every last nuance. TV doesn't let you. Because when you make TV, you can realize on a deeper level, that its JUST A SHOW.
You care about it deeply, but if you love your penis, let it go.
X3rr0z

Postby X3rr0z » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Every season even the more recent ones have bad and good episodes. There's a lot of unfunny episodes in early seasons too, not just the recent ones and I can name a lot... SP doesn't have to be perfect. I don't agree about season 13 'suck ass' The ring, margarittaville, queef, fishsticks, pinewood derby, dead celebrities, bottom bitch, wtf, whale whores were all funny in my opinion, specially whale whores and dead celebrities.

I think south park is just as it was 10 seasons ago, still more entertainment and more funny than other shows
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:19 pm

seamus yarr wrote:i dont get why people are reacting the way they do about someone who doesnt like it

jesus christ youre not much better than the anime fans

Ever heard of an apostrophe? It looks like this ' and you put it in contractions. Don't, Doesn't, You're....yeah.

Also, quit attacking anime fans. Some people here(Like our own mod!) like anime and you need to get over it.

Also, we weren't flaming anyone.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
H_P

Postby H_P » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:07 pm

We weren't really flaming, I was trying to question their logic.

Such as using critic's opinions as fact, nitpicking and complaining about the show despite the fact that they don't even have to watch it (after all, it's just a poorly animated cartoon series that happens to be pretty funny, I'm sure there are more important things in life than to complain about it)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Wii fit man wrote:Also, quit attacking anime fans. Some people here(Like our own mod!) like anime and you need to get over it.

It's because I like it that I can say this: There's a LOT of crappy anime out there. Thus, someone who likes South Park can say there are a lot of crappy episodes out there. You can tell these people apart from those who act like disgruntled workers.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Shimshai

Postby Shimshai » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Personally I think that the newer series aren't AS funny as earlier series. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

What I don't understand is the level hostility to anyone who thinks SP isn't as good as it was. fanofspark isn't going out of his/her way to offend (quite the opposite I'd say, though this seems to piss people of somehow :roll: ) but still some people just seem to think "Oh you watch Friends/Seinfeld/don't think South Park is as good as it was? Ok so then your opinion is VOID!"
Vile Link

Postby Vile Link » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:07 pm

If you don't like Southpark, go watch Family Guy. Or like the redneck said better, "if you don't like it you can geeet out".
CoachJustin

Postby CoachJustin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 am

I don't know what the problem is with these people complaining. I have been watching South Park since day one and some of the humor today is better than ever. Maybe the problem is that you people who are watching are "just ignorant" Unless you have been living under a rock, "mmm-kay" you would realize that the recent subject matter has been so relevent to what goes on in the real world and the entertainment world. For example: My girlfriend and I were out food shopping a while back and she asked me if I liked fishsticks. I started cracking up laughing and said "Are you asking if I like to put fishsticks in my mouth?" She had no clue. What made it even funnier is that we were at Wal-Mart. Recently when I see a person on a Harley I have a sudden urge to yell "homosexual!" BTW Butters is a pimp! And it's normal to slaughter cows and chickens but not whales and dolphins. I just got done watching the most recent episode and I wasn't sure why the smurfs were making an appearance but when I saw that it was a cut up on Avatar I thought it was f-ing genius. "Dances with Smurfs" Excelent! Anyway, to you people complaining "Suck my balls." Thanks
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:43 am

I have to agree...

I have been around since day 1 of south park and still find the episodes very humorous and entertaining...

I understand if you may not like an episode every now and then but that doesn't make the show bad... or make it go downhill....

if you don't like it... go look in the mirror and watch a pimple grow on your nose.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”