Episode idea - Whole foods

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Raisinz

Episode idea - Whole foods

Postby Raisinz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:02 am

A "whole foods" store comes to town and the adults go crazy buying everything organic and all natural. Stupid crap too, like paper towels made from organic trees, until eventually they can't afford it anymore. But they're afraid if they don't buy these things they'll get cancer, arthritis, AIDS, and every other possible disease, because thats what they read in Kevin Trudeau's book. So they take out loans, but after going in debt some mafia hitmen/loansharks from New York come and try to kill and loot Stan's family. Randy gets shot, but refuses to go to the hospital because he thinks the doctors will probably give him cancer. So the kids go to Whole Foods to talk to the owner and tell them to leave because they're tired of eating cookies that taste like sawdust, and discover that crab people are behind it. And that Kevin Trudeau is actually the crab leader. After an epic battle, they fry him in a pan and have a barbeque. The end!

Well theres my stupid episode idea. I was bored.
Niels0827

Re: Episode idea - Whole foods

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:56 am

Raisinz wrote:Stupid crap too, like paper towels made from organic trees.

ORGANIC TREES! :cartmanlaugh:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:59 am

Yeah, okay. But they also need to go gaga for organic wind dried water, organic recycled aluminum foil, organic unsalted organic butter, Prince of Wales batch cooked organic hand baked river salted crisp flavored crisps... (more stuff later) :D
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:36 pm

There's a Whole Paycheck just a few blocks from my residence and in the four years I've lived here, I have not set foot in it once.

I should go in there and ask someone who works there, "Where do you keep the Twinkies?"

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 am

Finished my list.

*Organic caster sugar
*Hand-picked sun-blasted crushed chargrilled and minced black olive paste
*Free-range organic home schooled chicken
*Wind-dried organic salt
*Organic Apple Confit with stems pips stalks and bark
*Organic Red Currant Organic Jelly
*Batch cooked walnuts in a chilled warm brie paste
*Organic pepper-blasted organic pork
*Spotted Organic Dick
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Organic salt, that's a good one.

I can just see a salesperson talking to Sheila about the recycled paper towels made from organic trees.

ORGANIC TREES - grown only with pure soil, water, sunshine, and love.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:36 am

BRMBug wrote:Batch cooked walnuts in a chilled warm brie paste

:lol:

If an episode centered around Whole Foods were to be implemented, they'd have to base at least part of the episode in California. The number of people here who eat only organic food is almost sickeningly disproportionate to the rest of the country, and there's always a mind-boggling number of cars in the parking lots, at least in the locations around here.
Skrotex

Postby Skrotex » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:39 am

I live in California, and down the street from my house is in fact a store named, "Whole Foods."

Please Matt and Trey - blast into these pussies that make too much traffic on my streets as they scurry to get the last pack of soy matchsticks, or incense flavored peanut butter, or whatever sh*t it is they have in there.
They're not people, they're hippies!!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:31 pm

I don't understand soy candles btw.

Confession: I "borrowed" 1000% of my list from Posh Nosh. It's just that whenever I think of Whole Foods, I think of Posh Nosh. :mrgreen:
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 pm

This topic could very well be up South Park's ally. Whole Foods has built an empire exploiting the fallacy of organics. Just because something is "organic" doesn't mean it's somehow better for you. It doesn't even mean it was necessarily produced without fertilizer or pesticides or genetic modification. It certainly doesn't mean it was made by a small, mom & pop operation either.

All 'organic' really means is that the food product was made in a way that's not very efficient and completely unsustainable in if we want all 7 billions humans to have something to eat. It requires much more land and much more labor. The only reason it works in America and Europe is because there's enough rich people that don't know any better.

I think of "organic" as just a fancier, more expensive word for "premium". Companies just take their highest quality product, use 'organic' techniques and jack up the price. The end product has no discernible difference for the consumer from a non-organic, premium product.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 am

triplemultiplex wrote:This topic could very well be up South Park's ally. Whole Foods has built an empire exploiting the fallacy of organics. Just because something is "organic" doesn't mean it's somehow better for you. It doesn't even mean it was necessarily produced without fertilizer or pesticides or genetic modification. It certainly doesn't mean it was made by a small, mom & pop operation either.

All 'organic' really means is that the food product was made in a way that's not very efficient and completely unsustainable in if we want all 7 billions humans to have something to eat. It requires much more land and much more labor. The only reason it works in America and Europe is because there's enough rich people that don't know any better.

I think of "organic" as just a fancier, more expensive word for "premium". Companies just take their highest quality product, use 'organic' techniques and jack up the price. The end product has no discernible difference for the consumer from a non-organic, premium product.

Do you know how much I love reading the opinions of people who agree with me? Especially when so many other people don't even stop and think about it?

That said, though, everything mentioned is a fact, but it's nice knowing there's other people out there who know this.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”