Season 13: Best Season To Date

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Badadio

Season 13: Best Season To Date

Postby Badadio » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:12 am

After browsing these boards it became apparent to me that, for some reason, there is no love at all for the newer episodes of South Park. This is particularly troubling considering their seasons keep getting better. So much so that I had to finally create an account and find out why this paradox exists.

Apart from the last two episodes of Season 13 it was simply superb. Butters Bottom Bitch, Fishsticks, The Coon, The Ring, The F Word, Whale Whores, W.T.F.: All Instant Classics.

Season 14 can't get here soon enough.
MexicanStarringFrog

Re: Season 13: Best Season To Date

Postby MexicanStarringFrog » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:33 am

I can't speak too much for how others on the forums feel, but I know that everyone I know has loved the latest season. I will admit that there are very few episodes (in fact 3), that I could have done without (Asspen, Korn's Groovy Pirate Adventure, and Tonsil Trouble [simply because I felt that they could have done so much more with it]), but I loved the latest season. Whale Whores in fact is my new all time favorite episode of whale whores, which is closely followed by Butter's Bottom Bitch and Super Fun Tyme.
Badadio

Postby Badadio » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:31 am

Good to see that not everyone's lost their mind. I just remember seeing someone actually write that Season 11 was weak which is astounding when you consider that the Imaginationland Trilogy, the epitome of South Park genius, can be found in this season.

The general trend is that the episodes and seasons are getting better with time so I have no reason to believe that Season 14 will top its predecessor, which is saying quite a lot.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:20 am

Badadio wrote:Good to see that not everyone's lost their mind. I just remember seeing someone actually write that Season 11 was weak which is astounding when you consider that the Imaginationland Trilogy, the epitome of South Park genius, can be found in this season.

The general trend is that the episodes and seasons are getting better with time so I have no reason to believe that Season 14 will top its predecessor, which is saying quite a lot.

Opinions are opinions. Season 13, I do place on the lower tier of seasons. It is there with 9 and 10, but above them. Season 11, on the other hand, is in my top tier.
I disliked a few too many episodes S13, though for the first time since Season 9, there wasn't a terrible episode.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Pegazeus

Postby Pegazeus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 am

I agree. Season 13 was awesome. The second half was a little worse in quality, but besides that, there were some classics. The Ring, Fishsticks, and Whale Whores were all classics in my book. Some episodes did grow on me like The F Word, Butters' Bottom Bitch, and W.T.F. The only episode I really disliked was Pinewood Derby. One of my least favorite episodes of South Park ever.

To me, season 13 is the best since 8.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:05 am

Thirteen was better than many before it, but my vote for the 'best season' is still season three.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:31 am

Pegazeus pretty much called it here, IMO. Pinewood Derby was the only real letdown in the whole season, but otherwise, the rest of it was just hilarious!

Favorite out of the bunch: WTF, but Fishsticks, Fatbeard and Whale Whores get a deserving nod as well.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 am

Niels0827 wrote:Thirteen was better than many before it, but my vote for the 'best season' is still season three.

Huh, odd. I remember you disliking heartily the entire first half. Change of heart?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Jewish Pride 1

Postby Jewish Pride 1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Opinions are opinions. Season 13, I do place on the lower tier of seasons. It is there with 9 and 10, but above them. Season 11, on the other hand, is in my top tier.

Yes, thank you! I love season 11 so bad, probably my favourite one
I like girls with big fat titties
I like girls with big vaginas

I am miracle123!
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 am

It's called hype. You get really hyped up but then it's not what you thought it would be so your dissapointed. As time goes on you just find yourself to enjoy it more, everyone will come around.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”