Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

PrincessCaitlyn
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby PrincessCaitlyn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:01 am

HMMMMMM...I've never been offended...I have just always laughed at everything....
Kyle Broflovski's Future Wife! :]
pdfsmail
Posts: 2038
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby pdfsmail » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:48 am

I find it hilarious when something i may find offensive is on the show....
That makes a lot of the show, if nothing offensive was ever on the show it would be bland, so it has to offend someone, its like a friend.. where we always crack on each other with offensive jokes...
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
JewPower
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby JewPower » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 am

I have certainly been shocked by what they air sometimes, but never offended, but I've gotten used to the crazy things they put on air on SP that you won't see on any other show, and that's one of the reasons it's so great, no boundaries!
carlomarx
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:31 am

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby carlomarx » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:45 am

i watched the stanley's cup episode where the one kid on the team that stan is coaching has cancer when my grandfather was dying from it. i still laughed. if you can't laugh at life it ain't worth it. Every single episode could offend you and thats half the point. dont take things so seriously, you live longer and happier.
DreadedJay
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby DreadedJay » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Never...They target every type of person, religion, disease, sexual preference and a whole bunch of situations which makes everything non-offensive to me. :P
KyleGrlFan1221
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby KyleGrlFan1221 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Hecks no! I love South Park!!! (: Well, I can see how some of the themes and other things they make fun of could be offensive 2 some ... but honestly, I dnt care because i love the show and itz hilarious jokes and if you feel soo offended, thenn just dnt watch the show. Screw YOU guyz... I'm goin homeee (;
*Skittlez ^ ^*
im not being agressive... im being dominant
respect mah authoritah :P
Azer
Posts: 1282
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby Azer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:31 pm

lol never, it says ''muslim'' on my id but i couldn't stop laughing orgasms on the 200th episode xD i'm an atheist but still i'm living in a very islamic country and everything was in the show is true! lol people really get mad at you when you say anything bad/touchy/funny to allah or muhammed and guys like thse, if you're talking about an almighty or holy person then you have to be very careful or you can get your butt kicked by some hairy turkish man just like i did. i don't think it's offensive, people can make fun of anything, fatties, hippies, muslims, jews, fudge packers and celebrities. if it's funny to some people than it's okay to make fun of some people xD
Your Moms Fav Person
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby Your Moms Fav Person » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:07 pm

lol, not at all, infact I love how offending it is
I was evilcupcake72 or evilcuntcake72, depends on if you liked me or not

Can you tell me what's similar between a raven and a writing desk?
Niels wrote:Something


deviantART: http://evilcupcake72.deviantart.com/
formspring: http://www.formspring.me/AtomicPlatypus
nne
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby nne » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:06 pm

They bombed my country.

I laughed :---D
So no.
Niels0827
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:13 pm

nne wrote:They bombed my country.

I laughed :---D
So no.


Finland, right?

That reminds me...my Danish dad got a huge kick out of the jabs the show made towards the Danes, and Denmark in general, in "Canada on Strike". There was also a Simpsons episode that poked fun at Denmark - specifically the Danish town of Solvang in California - and he laughed pretty good at that.
nne
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby nne » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Niels0827 wrote:
nne wrote:They bombed my country.

I laughed :---D
So no.


Finland, right?

Bingo.
Kobb
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby Kobb » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:59 pm

I've never been offended by the show in the slightest. I've disagreed with them before, mostly on Red Hot Catholic Love and Go God Go (particularly part II or part XIIV or whatever it was) because they handled the issue of atheism with less intelligence then I think they usually did. They often rip on stuff and bring up valid points and while they did a good job ripping on atheism... there just wasn't much to it. It was funny seeing people sh*t out their mouthes and to see Mr. Garrison have tranny sex with Richard Dawkins, but in the end the little "moral stories" they gave were pretty lame. "Ism's are bad for idiots" is a stupid one because anything can be bad for idiots, not just particular religions. And in Red Hot Catholic Love, they didn't go into much besides, "Christianity is flawed but atheism is just stupid" without explaining how are why. They just took the route of making Atheists sound whiny and bitch about trivial things, which some do, but doesn't hold much to the show.

Again, nothing ever offended me, but these two (three) episodes struck me as being rather lazy attacks on Atheism.
Niels0827
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Kobb wrote:I've never been offended by the show in the slightest. I've disagreed with them before, mostly on Red Hot Catholic Love and Go God Go (particularly part II or part XIIV or whatever it was) because they handled the issue of atheism with less intelligence then I think they usually did. They often rip on stuff and bring up valid points and while they did a good job ripping on atheism... there just wasn't much to it. It was funny seeing people sh*t out their mouthes and to see Mr. Garrison have tranny sex with Richard Dawkins, but in the end the little "moral stories" they gave were pretty lame. "Ism's are bad for idiots" is a stupid one because anything can be bad for idiots, not just particular religions. And in Red Hot Catholic Love, they didn't go into much besides, "Christianity is flawed but atheism is just stupid" without explaining how are why. They just took the route of making Atheists sound whiny and bitch about trivial things, which some do, but doesn't hold much to the show.

Again, nothing ever offended me, but these two (three) episodes struck me as being rather lazy attacks on Atheism.


I'm assuming you're an atheist.

I get what you're saying, though. Atheism, while not a religion by common definition, is still a belief system that, like all other religions, can not be actually proven as true. But when all you need to prove is the fact that there's no good, it leaves little room for elaboration on why atheists are either right or wrong. This is why I don't get offended by it. But then, I don't think I could be offended by a TV show. Hell, I'm not even offended by The 700 Club, merely because the people on it are so incredibly stupid, I wouldn't care what they said.

If everyone in the world were agnostic and secular, we wouldn't have this issue. Regardless, I'm still an atheist.
Your Moms Fav Person
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby Your Moms Fav Person » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Niels0827 wrote:
Kobb wrote:I've never been offended by the show in the slightest. I've disagreed with them before, mostly on Red Hot Catholic Love and Go God Go (particularly part II or part XIIV or whatever it was) because they handled the issue of atheism with less intelligence then I think they usually did. They often rip on stuff and bring up valid points and while they did a good job ripping on atheism... there just wasn't much to it. It was funny seeing people sh*t out their mouthes and to see Mr. Garrison have tranny sex with Richard Dawkins, but in the end the little "moral stories" they gave were pretty lame. "Ism's are bad for idiots" is a stupid one because anything can be bad for idiots, not just particular religions. And in Red Hot Catholic Love, they didn't go into much besides, "Christianity is flawed but atheism is just stupid" without explaining how are why. They just took the route of making Atheists sound whiny and bitch about trivial things, which some do, but doesn't hold much to the show.

Again, nothing ever offended me, but these two (three) episodes struck me as being rather lazy attacks on Atheism.


I'm assuming you're an atheist.

I get what you're saying, though. Atheism, while not a religion by common definition, is still a belief system that, like all other religions, can not be actually proven as true. But when all you need to prove is the fact that there's no good, it leaves little room for elaboration on why atheists are either right or wrong. This is why I don't get offended by it. But then, I don't think I could be offended by a TV show. Hell, I'm not even offended by The 700 Club, merely because the people on it are so incredibly stupid, I wouldn't care what they said.

If everyone in the world were agnostic and secular, we wouldn't have this issue. Regardless, I'm still an atheist.

I'm Agnostic, but I'm not the kind that thinks the world should have never had religion, I mean, If there was no religion we wouldn't have some of our most famous pieces of artwork, and come on we are human, people would find a way to start a war one way or another
I was evilcupcake72 or evilcuntcake72, depends on if you liked me or not

Can you tell me what's similar between a raven and a writing desk?
Niels wrote:Something


deviantART: http://evilcupcake72.deviantart.com/
formspring: http://www.formspring.me/AtomicPlatypus
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Have you ever been offended by Sp?

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:08 am

No, and I think getting offended over a TV show is stupid.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual

Return to “General South Park Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest