Death Threats to Matt and Trey.

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

TheProxy

Death Threats to Matt and Trey.

Postby TheProxy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 am

I wasn't awake that people who take this sh*t that Seriously....

LOS ANGELES - A radical Muslim group has warned the creators of "South Park" that they could face violent retribution for depicting the prophet Muhammad in a bear suit during last week's episode.

The website RevolutionMuslim.com has since been taken down, but a cached version shows the message to "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone. The article's author, Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee, said the men "outright insulted" the religious leader.

The posting showed a gruesome picture of Theo Van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was shot and stabbed to death in an Amsterdam street in 2004 by a fanatic angered by his film about Muslim women. The film was written by a Muslim woman who rejected the Prophet Muhammad as a guide for today's morality.

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement | your ad here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," Al-Amrikee wrote. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

The posting listed the addresses of Comedy Central's New York office and Parker and Stone's California production office. It also linked to a Huffington Post article that described a Colorado retreat owned by the two men.

CNN, which first reported the posting, said the New York-based website is known for postings in support of jihad, or holy war, against the West and Osama bin Laden.

Poster says group admires Osama bin Laden
Al-Amrikee told The Associated Press that the posting was made to raise awareness of the issue and to see that it does not happen again. Asked if Parker and Stone should feel threatened by it, he said "they should feel threatened by what they did."

He said he was disappointed that publicity about the posting focused more on the potential danger to the producers but admitted, "I could shoulder some blame" for it.

He said he "can't answer that legally" when asked if his group favored jihad. But he praised bin Laden.

"We look up to him and admire him for the sacrifices he has given for the religion," he said.

Last week's episode, the 200th for the cheeky and often vulgar cartoon, was intended to feature many of the personalities and groups that Parker and Stone insulted during the series' run.
Dudelookslikealady

Re: Death Threats to Matt and Trey.

Postby Dudelookslikealady » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:15 am

Thats bull... how do they even know its Muhammed in that bear suit?
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:19 am

It's stupid in the sense that the Superbestfriends episode can be seen on this site and purchased. Why is there a potential threat of showing him "again?" Anyone who wants to see SP's Muhammed rendition only needs to fire up the site's episode viewer and there he is.
Volleycromp

Postby Volleycromp » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I find these Muslims to be a bit to irrational. I don't see Jews or Christians getting all piss off for the way they displayed Jesus and God (who also happens to be the same god that the Muslims worship).
Last edited by Volleycromp on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poo_flinger

Postby poo_flinger » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm

Lumping all Muslims together with these violence mongering ones would be like lumping all Christians in with the Westboro Baptist Church. However, the website that posted the response to this episode (re: Yahoo! News) stated "that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show."

Quoting Yahoo! News:

The head of Revolution Muslim, Younus Abdullah Muhammad, 30, defended the Web posting by his group.

"How is that a threat?," he told Reuters earlier on Wednesday. "Showing a case study right there of what happened to another individual who conducted himself in a very similar manner? It's just evidence."

So, in that spirit, can we say that if Stone and Parker were to somehow end up like Theo Van Gogh, then Younus Abdullah Muhammad could end up like Abu Ali Harthi (Yemeni): Linked to Cole bombing; killed Nov. 4 by CIA missile strike in Yemen??? It's just evidence, right??

I'm not advocating any violence against anyone, nor am I comparing the bombing of the USS Cole to South Park et al, but isn't this the mindset of this radical group? Has there ever been a long term success of any Muslim extremist group outside of the middle east? How long will we let "evidence" dictate our actions and allow this mindset to continue?

I'm sure that Stone and Parker will find a way to shine a light on this topic while remaining within the confines of this radical group's dictates; but damn, this is the US and all speech is protected equally under the First Amendment, not just Radical Muslim's "just evidence" statement.
Mrs._Eff

Postby Mrs._Eff » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm

Volleycromp wrote:I find these Muslims to be a bit to rational.

I think you mean "radical", "rational" is the complete opposite.
TearsofUnfathSadness

Postby TearsofUnfathSadness » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:48 pm

All I know is that someone has to make a stand. I really hope it is Trey and Matt. If someone doesn't, what is the point of having rights, soon they will say its illegal to mention any religious figure, let along Muhammad.
nycinoc

Postby nycinoc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:09 am

Direct from revolutionmuslims web site:

"Anyway, the lesson of this story is that you can say a whole lot of stuff that you would not think you could say if you did not know much about First Amendment cases in the united states. Actually, if you want to go beyond the first amendment, you can actually do a whole lot more suspicious stuff under the Second Amendment. For example, you could form an armed militia and call them the “American Islamic Jihad,” and as long as you do not do violate laws that apply even to militias, then you should be good to go."

Sadly, it seems that those very same Amendments do not apply to Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

So this is what our troops are dying for??

Seems to me like the battle's already lost.
nylen

Postby nylen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 am

If Matt and Trey want to send this, its their own risk....and a media company shouldnt censor it....and don't withdraw its episodes of this site. But i hope after the tempest is gone the lost episodes will quietly reappear....everyone living in internet age can download them anyway. why not where they should...here.

Btw if matt and trey withdrew the episodes it would be fine to me. if i were threatened personally i maybe would.

So its up to CC.

Fear is the mind killer.
Mohammad Da Bair

Postby Mohammad Da Bair » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:34 am

Every time muslims pull this sh*t, they just display their intolerance and ignorance. They demand tolerance towards their religion when they insist in wearing their bullsh*t head gear that prevents facial identification, but when the tables are turned "Jihad!!!" "How dare you insult our crazy cooky believes!"..."I kill you!"

f*ck Mohammad! And f*ck intolerant muslims!

Anyone that accepts a teddy bear as an image of their prophet is one lame ass, uneducated, un-bathed, primitive, cousin-marrying, puto...

I mean this with all due respect...
token1991

Postby token1991 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 am

It is wrong that Comedy Central censored the prophet's name. No one and I repeat no one is that important. Jesus get's made fun of all the time on South Park and you never see Christians going out and trying to kill people. You have no right to be mad about this when they already showed your prophet years ago on the superbestfriends episode. How can you be mad about this several years later, that's not acceptable. I feel Matt and Trey should air it for the sake of freedom of speech.
nycinoc

Postby nycinoc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:53 am

I agree if it was truly a decision by Matt, Trey or those directly involved with the creation of a South Park episode, well then far be it from any of us to decide for them.

However, based on their replies as well as CC's replies, (not to mention countless other episodes insulting everything else) I highly doubt it.

"I don't have prejudice, I hate everyone equally."
HL Mencken

Return to “General South Park Discussion”