are you serious?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

aham0313

Re: are you serious?

Postby aham0313 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:40 am

Quote from Revolutionmuslim.blogspot.com "Thus our position remains that it is likely the creators of South Park will indeed end up like Theo Van Gogh. This is a reality. " For those who dont know who Theo Van Gogh is, he was a director of a movie that depicted Muslim women and was killed for it by Muslim extremists. This whole thing is sad and rediculous
aham0313

Postby aham0313 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 am

aham0313 wrote:Quote from Revolutionmuslim.blogspot.com "Thus our position remains that it is likely the creators of South Park will indeed end up like Theo Van Gogh. This is a reality. " For those who dont know who Theo Van Gogh is, he was a director of a movie that depicted Muslim women and was killed for it by Muslim extremists. This whole thing is sad and rediculous

Go to this site and read the blog. it's jaw dropping.
ShaneHaughey

Re: Muhammad censored

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 am

BG41 wrote:great, so the terrorist win. now u cant even SAY Mohammed!! WTF! Serously, way to be a bunch of pussies CC!

Well we can keep the fight alive and continuosly send pics of Mo Ho to that a-hole website.

The censoring of saying Muhammad was a joke.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
JRTaylorMade

Postby JRTaylorMade » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:55 am

why was the re air at midnight pulled?
loviatar9

Postby loviatar9 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:01 am

I asked this on another forum but wanted to know what you guys think, do we really know which parts of this episode was censored by CC and what was done for effect?

*spoilers* (for those who missed the original airing since CC didn't rebroadcast it as usual, which is very strange and sucks for those who missed it & don't have a dvr)

Seems to me that CC censored the name because it wasn't bleeped last week but the think the censor bar over Muhammad (and then over Tom Cruise when he became unable to be made fun of) might have been Trey & Matt. The gag worked well when Tom Cruise turned into a censor bar. And how about the dialog after Kyle's "I've learned something today..."? CC hadn't censored things SAID about muslims before, just Muhammad's image.
"My penis is on the loose! If you see it just try to catch it with some cheese."
BG41

Postby BG41 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 am

JRTaylorMade wrote:why was the re air at midnight pulled?

Exactly. And everybody thinks the whole episode was a joke.... dont be so sure...

Yes they made fun of censorship, but do you really believe, REALLY believe that M n T would CHOOSE to censore Mo Ho the dildo by choice if CC said it was ok?? I have seen SEVERAL interviews from them, I have every single episode of SP, and do not think for one second that if CC allowed them to show Mo Ho the dildo, that they would say, "Nah we will censor him so we dont make anybody upset"

Comedy Central Feedback forum:

http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsWeb.jhtml
theclownster

Postby theclownster » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:33 am

f*cking weak, i mean they show jesus and all the other religous icons but not him? f*cking weak i mean cmon serisouly. You're letting he terrorist terrorize, f*ck them show it.
SubstanceAbuser

Postby SubstanceAbuser » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 am

What a complete load of bullsh*t. I don't believe for a second that they voluntarily did that until i hear them say it themselves. They should have showed mooohamed getting assfucked by a dog if they had any stones at all. Whoever made that decision is dead to me.
stogie5

Postby stogie5 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:52 am

Ok I understand CC concern about their network's and their writers' safety, but what is messed up is using God's name in vain is against the Christian and jewish religion ( the Ten Commandments). But there are no extremists from those religions threatening CC..... The biggest problem is that by not being to show or talk about islam we are in a small way caveing to terrorists by letting them limit our free speech. No one is forceing anybody to watch SP if it offends you change the damn cannel don't support CC. If you find it completely hilarious watch the show. It's that simple. Quit f*ckin with peoples' free speech.....
SnufStyle420

Postby SnufStyle420 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:00 am

So, it appears most of the audio censoring was Comedy Central's doing.
hckydude1103

Postby hckydude1103 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:03 am

so i wanted to see if when they posted the episode on here if it would be uncensored. There is instead a message appologizing for not having network approval yet to post it online in its original context. Apparently comedy central added more bleeps then originally planned or something of those sorts. I hope we get a completly uncensored episode though... heres to hoping
scrumtralescent

Postby scrumtralescent » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:59 am

BG41 wrote:
JRTaylorMade wrote:why was the re air at midnight pulled?

Exactly. And everybody thinks the whole episode was a joke.... dont be so sure...

Yes they made fun of censorship, but do you really believe, REALLY believe that M n T would CHOOSE to censore Mo Ho the dildo by choice if CC said it was ok?? I have seen SEVERAL interviews from them, I have every single episode of SP, and do not think for one second that if CC allowed them to show Mo Ho the dildo, that they would say, "Nah we will censor him so we dont make anybody upset"

Everybody? People won't shut up about it being 'censorship' and 'communism', the self-righteous stupidity is unbearable.

And yes, they would choose to censor it....BECAUSE THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE EPISODE. I do not know how so many people here missed it, as it was explicitly spelled out for you with the Cartman subplot.
stogie5

Postby stogie5 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:01 pm

why did they censor the name muhammad in this one and not the last one then? i realize somethings where done to be funny like having muhammad as just a big black box and yeah that was pretty damn funny but i don't think the censorship of his name was a joke. and if the final speech was a joke they over did it by a lot my ears where ringing all night man. They coulda put some kind of voice over joke there instead of beeping for 3 minutes straight
bigfootedfred

Postby bigfootedfred » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

stogie5 wrote:why did they censor the name muhammad in this one and not the last one then? i realize somethings where done to be funny like having muhammad as just a big black box and yeah that was pretty damn funny but i don't think the censorship of his name was a joke. and if the final speech was a joke they over did it by a lot my ears where ringing all night man. They coulda put some kind of voice over joke there instead of beeping for 3 minutes straight

Censorship Central has admitted they are the ones repsonsible for the BLEEEEEP Fest Ear raping.
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:08 am

Wonder what *beep* would have looked like if they aired it? A walking pile of 'is that all.'

" I do not know how so many people here missed it" I don't see how the Cartman sub-plot really links to censorship - they kept who his dad is from him? I don't get why people won't accept a FACT :I
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”