Censorship...

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

RSHastingsIV

Censorship...

Postby RSHastingsIV » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:35 am

I want to personally thank you, Matt and Trey. You two, along with your entire crew, have been the only group in our media to have the courage to stand up and address this stain on our freedom of speech. You have mine, and many others support.

We will not let this censorship in the face of violence continue.
Tyler081

Re: Censorship...

Postby Tyler081 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:14 pm

censoring stuff is gay!!! :twisted:
the1stnoel

Postby the1stnoel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:32 pm

kevinbiz

Postby kevinbiz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:50 am

I am a huge friend of south park those who wish to be crybaby whining bitches in this world should go f*ck themselves team america fought hard for our freedom of speech and expression and we should not be giving it up for anyone especially radical muslim fuckheads our president has no balls he himself is a muslim i applaud all involved in south park's constant freedom battle thank you but it is with regret that i must inform all that because of my crappy dvr i missed episode 201 and probably might not see it because of the pussyfooting we need to make a statement here and now we will do whatever we want within the confines of the law air that episode again please because we are americans they may take our lives but we cannot allow them to take our freedoms , peanut butter, and balls I am a cheese sandwich!!!!!
steelfuser

Postby steelfuser » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:05 am

:x I am fuming over this crap. We as Americans do not live in a third world country where something as mundane as speaking freely can potentially lead to our murder.

What I don't understand is how these people can get away with making a threat of bodily harm/death to a person and not be held legally accountable.

I am against abortion, but if I walked into a clinic and told the Doctor and staff to stop performing abortions and handed them a picture of the mutilated body of another Doctor along with their home addresses, I would find myself in a brand-new pair of nickel-plated bracelets.

These cowards infringed upon the rights of Matt, Trey and the other staff members plain and simple, while the American Justice system simply turns the other cheek.

I have no problem with a person or persons speaking out about a topic whether to commend or condemn, and I'll fight to the death for that right, but when said person(s) do so while stamping on the Bill of Rights of others, something must be done.

The only thing that erks me more is the fact that Comedy Central took steps to ensure that these terrorists win. By censoring the word Muhammad and the "I've learned something today" speeches at the end of the episode, they've made it blatantly clear that Americans have a little leeway in their Constitution.

Comedy Central claimed that they added the extra censors to protect the South Park crew from what they felt was a legitimate threat. So would they censor Jesus' name if a crazy group of Christians threatened another shows' crew with death for parodying their deity. Probably not.

I would like to see how far Comedy Central is willing to go with their "protection". They already disabled streaming for the "Super Best Friends" episode. Are they going to censor every stand-up comic for saying Muhammad's name? Jon Stewart maybe? Stephen Colbert? I doubt it. Doing so will only fan the flames of this wildfire in their direction.

Lets not forget that the organization responsible for issuing the threats are based out of New York. Yeah, that's right, they are using the First Amendment to impede another persons right to free speech.

So I'll end this little rant with a quote, a message to Comedy Central and the Muslim COWARDS who feel that its necessary to use terror to get a point across.

As Jon Stewart put it, and I'm para-phrasing,
"YOU AND MUHAMMAD COULD GO f*ck YOURSELF"

Return to “General South Park Discussion”