Holy Crap-- NYC Car Bomb Linked to South Park?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

DocHouse

Re: Holy Crap-- NYC Car Bomb Linked to South Park?

Postby DocHouse » Mon May 03, 2010 3:08 am

...I think the next episode needs to have the image of Mohammed...
axisofevil

Postby axisofevil » Mon May 03, 2010 10:28 am

Stink for you New Yorkers - I've only been there once, but Times Square is like one of the world's happy places that only a truly hateful grinch monster would want to blow up! Anyway, whatever problem these arsewipes have, they could at the VERY least have the balls and common decency to go for military targets.

Still on the bright side (according to our media at least) these supposed "terrorists" must've been a bunch of artards who learned bomb making from old A-team reruns.

The real evil $#@!s this weekend were in Pakistan killing their fellow countrymen:
http://sify.com/news/two-killed-in-paki ... feiah.html

And may I commend the posters so far on not making one #$% the Muslims comment? We need to remember that dickheads are just dickheads, but some of them use religion as an excuse.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:04 am

BBS's on Viacom.Com shows, including Viacom itself and SPS BBS were down for several hours from Sunday night through Monday morning.

I am happy to report that when I logged on just before 4:00 am Pacific, all of the above mentioned BBS's are working :D

Of course, certain episodes in the episode player, such as Super Best Friends, are still not being streamed. But that's a different issue.

Speculation deals with that failed car bomb in Times Square Saturday night in New York.

Welcome back, SPS :D
ErgoGoAway

Postby ErgoGoAway » Mon May 03, 2010 12:54 pm

I think what really matters here is even if it were what would that mean? It really shouldn't change a damn thing when it comes to how we handle it. We should still go after anyone we can link to the crime, we should still prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law, we should still continue being free as that's how this country was formed. Regardless of what some people will try to convince you to believe the USA isn't merely so influential in today's world because of our nuclear payload but because of our ideals which are a lot stronger than some people try to portray.

The second we start showing violence effectively controls what we do we are letting terrorism win. You can call that type of statement cliche all you want but it's true. The scary part is not only does that allow the extremist Muslims to control us it then leaks over to other groups. How long till extremist "XXX" religion go, "Well, it worked for Islam!". This whole thing is a bunch of bullsh*t and if 201 doesn't end up becoming uncensored I am going to personally boycott Comedy Central (I don't know what else I could do if the station is going to support terrorism), as for Southpark as long as a site like this exists I'll continue watching it as long as Comedy Central doesn't completely destroy it.

There are moments in history you are proud of for your people and there are moments that you are ashamed of. I am personally ashamed to be an American at this moment -- allowing ourselves to get bullied with the threat of violence. Whether you are of the mind we have one life to live or there's something more later on I just don't see how we could let ourselves and our ideals be so easily manipulated. I personally plan on writing Comedy Central about this and if you are proud to be an American regardless of race or religion I suggest you do so as well.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon May 03, 2010 9:55 pm

My first reaction to this failed bomb was, "Oh sh*t, the right wing extremists are at it again." My brain went to them before any Islamic fundys.

After further review, I realized an attack like this would be outside the modus operandi of these right wing domestic terrorists. They usually attack very specific targets linked to the government or women's health or something. They don't set off bombs just to kill lots of people like this was supposed to.

The only incident by right wing extremists that I can think of designed to kill indiscriminately is when that Eric Rudolph assclown set off a pipe bomb during the '96 Olympics in Atlanta.

I just like the fact that despite this bomb scare, they didn't even cancel any shows on Broadway that night. Keep that stiff upper lip, New York!

And terrorists; what's your f*cking problem with New York? This is a big country. We have other cities. And they all have the stuff you hate. Quit picking on New York all the time. It's getting old.

You read it! You can't unread it!
lokier066

Postby lokier066 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:51 pm

well another topic for Matt and Trey to make a episode about since they probably are finding it funny they are taking the episode seriously
(I'm Gothic so is my wife)
axisofevil

Postby axisofevil » Tue May 04, 2010 3:35 am

triplemultiplex wrote :
And terrorists; what's your f*cking problem with New York? This is a big
> country. We have other cities. And they all have the stuff you hate.
> Quit picking on New York all the time. It's getting old.

I guess it's just for us outsiders (terrorists included) NY pretty much represents America and all that's good about your country - the American Dream, make it there you'll make it anywhere, huddled masses breathing free, mythical home of South Park DC Comics and the worlds best rap music yadda yadda.

And unfortunately other cities like Milwaukee (for example) don't have quite that iconic status - even though it's the home of the Fonz !

Al-qaeda, Taliban etc. have for some reason decided the best way to win people to their cause is blowing up the world's most beloved places - NY, Paris, Madrid, Bali. So clearly look out for bombs in Tahiti, Venice and the North Pole (in case Santa really is there).
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue May 04, 2010 4:19 am

Looks like it's a Pakistani Taliban hit after all, since the driver was a Pakistani immigrant who went back to Pakistan several months ago.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:20 am

Big-Will wrote :
> Looks like it's a Pakistani Taliban hit after all, since the driver was a
> Pakistani immigrant who went back to Pakistan several months ago.

And the news says the driver, who paid cash for the Nissan Pathfinder in Connecticut, was caught and arrested tonight at JFK airport, as he was waiting to board an overseas flight.

The investigation continues. Overseas connections are being discovered.
axisofevil

Postby axisofevil » Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 am

Big-Will wrote :
> Looks like it's a Pakistani Taliban hit after all, since the driver was a
> Pakistani immigrant who went back to Pakistan several months ago.

Well, there you go then. They claimed it, got busted for it.

Would've thought they knew how to actually make bombs properly though?!?!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:46 pm

axisofevil wrote :
> Big-Will wrote :
> > Looks like it's a Pakistani Taliban hit after all, since the driver was a
> > Pakistani immigrant who went back to Pakistan several months ago.
>
> Well, there you go then. They claimed it, got busted for it.
>
> Would've thought they knew how to actually make bombs properly though?!?!

And it is exactly because the bomb did not go off, police quickly found the guilty party. In fact, he had already boarded a plane for Dubai, and it had already pulled away from the gate :o

The plane was ordered back to the gate where the man was arrested. Here is some CBS video this story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... =emaillink

Ǝ Ɗ Ǐ Ŧ ⋮

(There are no BBCodes, so I mixed up "Edit" with some Apple Characters :P )

No need for a double post here :)

Bomb Suspect Said to Train in Pakistan

If that's the best Pakistan can do in training car bombers, we really have nothing to worry about :D

Story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/nyreg ... mb.html?hp
Mmmmkaay

Postby Mmmmkaay » Wed May 05, 2010 5:16 am

One of the few episodes I missed watching no Wednesday and it had to be one that's impossible to watch anywhere >.< Oh well, hopefully I can watch it eventually.

As for on topic, probably just a coincidence. Muslims can't read street signs anyways can they? How would they know Viacom was near :P
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed May 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Once again, some conservatives were crying about how this douche was given his Miranda rights. Some assh*les aren't happy unless these wanna-be terrorists are thrown in jail forever without a trial and tortured repeatedly.

The American judicial and correctional systems are perfectly capable of handing terrorism cases. We don't need to put these guys up on a pedestal.

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed May 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Once again, some conservatives were crying about how this douche was given his Miranda rights. Some assh*les aren't happy unless these wanna-be terrorists are thrown in jail forever without a trial and tortured repeatedly.

The American judicial and correctional systems are perfectly capable of handing terrorism cases. We don't need to put these guys up on pedestal.

(damn double post, where the hell did the button for deleting a post go?)
Last edited by triplemultiplex on Thu May 06, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stledmonds15

Postby stledmonds15 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:30 am

The potentially deadly Times Square bombing was NOT due to the fact that he was upset over episodes 200 and 201. According to numerous media outlets he was upset over the drone attacks in his home country of Pakistan.

"The Pakistani-American man suspected in Saturday's attempted car bombing in New York's Times Square has told authorities he was upset over U.S. drone attacks in Pakistan, especially a drone attack while he was in the country, a U.S. official told Fox News. "

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/05/ti ... an-leader/

Also keep in mind that he left to train in the summer of last year long before the release of the 2 episodes.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”