Jesus Mohammed Issue

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

EMO8

Jesus Mohammed Issue

Postby EMO8 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Some things are funny, some things are really funny, and some things just should be left alone. Respect diety. Trey, consider your influence. Respect Muslims, respect Christians.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Jesus Mohammed Issue

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 07, 2010 7:12 pm

You're 13 years too late on that message, dude.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Hammy91

Postby Hammy91 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Me being a muslim am extremely offended by south park's 200th episode..although i'v been a long time fan but there's a limit,Prophet Mohammed(S.A.W) holds the most important nd highly respected place in any Muslims life so trey nd matt respect our religion and don't disrespect our prophet.
Azer

Postby Azer » Fri May 07, 2010 9:56 pm

well i'm a muslim (only on my ID) but i don't give a flying Mr. Hankey about mohammed, south park is in a higher state, i wouldn't trade the 200th episode with a golden covered quran.. so get over it, if you don't like it then why the hell are you watching it?.. just close the window or jump to the next episode where there is no prophets, just don't go around like CopperCab ''Muslims have soul!!!'' lol
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Hammy91 wrote :
> Me being a muslim am extremely offended by south park's 200th
> episode..although i'v been a long time fan but there's a limit,Prophet
> Mohammed(S.A.W) holds the most important nd highly respected place in any
> Muslims life so trey nd matt respect our religion and don't disrespect our
> prophet.

You can go ahead and place that limit on yourself and on Comedy Central, but don't try placing it on Matt and Trey or on their non-Muslim fans.

Hammy91

Postby Hammy91 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Azer u cnt be a muslim,nd if u thnk after saying ths u are thn ROFL man get a brain nd a lyf.....as for ur comment it just shows ur ignorance man.If i don't like it i wont watch it but u can't joke about our prophet(SAW) nd thts the bottomline.....ok u say dnt watch it bt tht dsnt chnge squat....its still Disrespectful nd if matt nd trey cant respect their religion thts their problem but don't mess with what we hold dear,just try nd see it from a rational point ov view,am sure u'll get it,there must be something u hold dear enough that no matter what law or rule says u wnt obey it to ruin ur loyalty 2 tht thing,for muslims thats our love for Prophet Mohammed(SAW).Simple as that.
Hammy91

Postby Hammy91 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:14 pm

@Bigwill i see where ur cumin from,being great matt nd trey fan,nd obviously i aint in no position 2 impose anything on them,but just trying to make a point ov view clear,its simple just dont joke about what we hold so dear,its not asking that much.As for Freedom of expression thats all fine but when u knw that the world's second biggest nation by religion is offended by something and offended so deeply why not rather avoid it? Is it just not common sense.
Azer

Postby Azer » Fri May 07, 2010 10:42 pm

lol dude it's really hard to read your failed noobish posts but you can't blame noone because they made fun of your prophet or something you hold ''dear'' xD do whatever you want, you can worship him or hold him tight between your legs but you can't come here (South Park studios, not Muhammed's mosque) and flame the godlike creators of an epic episode just because how stupid you felt after watching it. If your dear prophet was real or gave a crap about 200th episode he would come here and make a f*cking post just like the noobs with lower than 100 IQ points did. JUST GET OVER IT, noone cares about your religious radical beliefs. u gt wt i seid? i hop so, kk?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Hammy91 wrote :
> @Bigwill i see where ur cumin from,being great matt nd trey fan,nd
> obviously i aint in no position 2 impose anything on them,but just trying
> to make a point ov view clear,its simple just dont joke about what we hold
> so dear,its not asking that much.As for Freedom of expression thats all
> fine but when u knw that the world's second biggest nation by religion is
> offended by something and offended so deeply why not rather avoid it? Is it
> just not common sense.

Because there would be no show for you to enjoy if they could not make fun of everything everyone holds dear. It's what "Cartoon Wars" I and II were all about. If you say "Oh, you can't make fun of this because some people who hold it dear will be offended", then you're saying "not everything is okay to make fun of," and if you say that, you'll have to follow that to its logical conclusion: "nothing is okay to make fun of." It's all or nothing for the show, and Comedy Central has started the move to "nothing."

Or, to paraphrase Cartman, "It's simple television economics, Hammy91. All it takes to kill a show forever is get one episode pulled. If we convince the network to pull this episode for the sake of Muslims, then the Catholics can demand a show they don't like get pulled. And then people with disabilities can demand another show get pulled. And so on and so on, until South Park is no more!"

Saul420

Postby Saul420 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:03 am

Hammy, you have every right to be offended. You have every right not to support the show. However, you have no right to tell anyone what they can and cannot say--at least not in the U.S.

What "joke" are you even offended by? They said nothing bad about Mohammed; all Matt and Trey have really done is make fun of the fact that they can't make fun of Mohammed.

You want to take a rational point of view on this? Then look at yourself man. How selfish are you being right now? Because something offends you it should not be allowed to be said? Now you can tell me that you think they should lay off all religions but I doubt you'd mean it. Where were you when they were making fun of Mormons? Christians? Where were you when they said that atheists simply spew crap out their mouths? Or when they made fun of Scientology (actually I'll let that one slide.) But seriously, how much of what you're saying is truly for the benefit of all religions, and how much of it is simply that now that the screws have been turned on you, you don't like it?
Now I’m sorry you’re offended, personally I don’t have anything that I hold with that much respect that I wouldn’t be able to handle somebody joking about it—but that’s neither here nor there. Are you (or were) you a fan of the show? If so, did you really not see this coming? Did you honestly sit back and watch the show, watch Matt and Trey make fun of Jews, Mormons, Scientologists, Christians and plenty of other religions and not realize that they would eventually turn the comedic spotlight onto Islam?
Here’s the deal: South Park is an American show. In America people of all religions and all beliefs have come together in one place, without feud and without strife (at least not that much.) And this country, one of the few places to actually have pulled something like this off, has made this possible through one simple rule: that everyone and anyone has the right to believe and say whatever in the hell they damn well please, and that no one has the right to stop them. Now that works both ways, you’re certainly welcome to voice your feelings, and I truly am sorry that the show has offended you. You have every right to not watch the show now that it’s offended you. But you cannot, under any circumstances, try to tell somebody else what they can and cannot believe or say, not here, not now, not ever.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:11 am

Just turn atheist. Then you won't be offended by things you shouldn't be offended by in the first place. It's so easy, and I'm enjoying it.
TRKILLER

Postby TRKILLER » Sat May 08, 2010 12:25 am

Hmm I read a lot of things here, well first of all I am a Turk and living in the Netherlands. And yea Im also a muslim.

I read some comments about that South park is going too far and sh*t like that. Well if ure a real muslim then you could see the humor in it, and not take it too serious..

What I wanna say is that u gotta seperate those things. I mean I watch a lot of South park but it doesnt has any effect on my religious life. Sure there are some things that go too far, but hey, whatthehell can I do xD.

I will keep on watching South park and I want to ask the muslim friends here not to react too exaggerated.

Peace out.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:34 am

I appreciate the message you're conveying. Unfortunately, the biggest problem with this entire issue lies within something you just said.

The problem is the whole "REAL Muslims (or REAL Christians or REAL atheists), don't do this. Or they don't do that."

If every Christian in the world who was called "not a real Christian" by another Christian were to disappear...there wouldn't be any Christians left. Same thing goes for Muslims, and people of any religious group.

Believing in Allah and Muhammad makes you a Muslim. Believing that they are free from parody, ridicule, depiction, and satire, and killing those who don't agree with you, just makes you a psychopathic idiot. Believing in God and Jesus makes you a Christian. Denying evolution and viewing gays as inferior just makes you a mentally-deficient assh*le.
Azer

Postby Azer » Sat May 08, 2010 12:41 am

Niels0827 wrote :

The problem is the whole "REAL Muslims (or REAL Christians or REAL atheists), don't do this. Or they don't do that."

If every Christian in the world who was called "not a real Christian" by another Christian were to disappear...there wouldn't be any Christians left. Same thing goes for Muslims, and people of any religious group.

Believing in Allah and Muhammad makes you a Muslim. Believing that they are free from parody, ridicule, depiction, and satire, and killing those who
don't agree with you, just makes you a psychopathic idiot. Believing in God and Jesus makes you a Christian. Denying evolution and viewing gays as inferior just makes you a mentally-deficient assh*le.

Wow... just reading that gave me an orgasm, I totally agree.
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Sat May 08, 2010 12:44 am

*sigh* If you don't like it, don't f*cking watch it.

I was watching Passion of the Jew earlier today and noticed something Kyle said to the Jews when they were marching to get a movie removed:

"No, stop! You're going to make people hate us even more!"

You guys can be offended, but going on about it like RevolutionMuslim did not only pissed a whole bunch of people off, but you also made them hate you even more.

I don't want this to sound like a hate-speech, but I'm personally not a big fan of Muslims anymore. No, not every one of them is a terrorist but these days look at who is the terrorists. It always seems to be one of Israeli/Muslim descent. Look at the New York Failed Bomb a few days ago. Who tried to bomb TIme Square? Some guy of Pakistani descent (if I remember correctly)

You guys take your religion too far. You don't have to agree with it but threatening violence because of some TV episode not only ruins it for us, you get more people to hate you. Heck, in Passion of the Jew you hear the crowd yell (unknown to what they are saying) "It's time for revenge!" then Cartman yells "We must exterminate the Jews!"

Pretty much any Jew would be offended by it but do you see them threatening violence, even after a character said to exterminate their entire religoin? NO. Heck, just seeing some character on a show made you people threaten violence. You say it's a religion of peace, but then you do this. If Muhammad wants peace, would he really want you to be threatening violence?

It all comes down to If you don't like it, don't watch it. Don't ruin it for those who actually find it funny, all you are doing is pissing people off. It's also called the First Amendment. You can't do jackshit about it unless the network chooses to pussy in like Comedy Central.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”