fattitts

Re: Jesus Mohammed Issue

Postby fattitts » Thu May 13, 2010 11:16 pm

mrdave wrote :
> I've seen Episodes 200 and 201 in the format originally broadcast by Comedy
> Central. What's the big deal here, people? If you just use your
> imagination to replace all the bleeps with the word "Mohammed",
> you can get the gist of it. Whatever speeches got cut at the end (as
> spoken by Kyle, Jesus and Santa) were apparently not crucial to the story.
> For all we know, Matt and Trey might have bleeped those speeches themselves
> just to mess with our minds.
>
> Anybody who missed the Comedy Central broadcast of Episodes 200 and 201 can
> catch them both on Megavideo.com, if you don't mind them being bleeped.

there is no big deal, these people are overly sensitive about what offends them and dont give a crap about the rest of the world. so y should we walk on egg shells for them?
Domachi

Postby Domachi » Fri May 14, 2010 4:36 am

Ummm...did everyone fail to notice that it was Santa Claus in the bear costume and not Mohammed. I mean... that's the whole point of the show, WE NEVER SAW MOHAMMED and they didn't even make fun of him since it wasn't really him in the damn costume. I don't really care about religions and races because I do have a brain in my skull which provides me enough information to not believe in that that kinda crap but still, I do respect idiots. But sorry I am missing my point here, my point is that Indeed the US is based on the freedom of speech ( I say that and I am a canadian that dosn't give a f*ck about Americans) and geez, they give Muslims rights and crap and they try to invade with their sh*t. We don't even get half the respect when we visit of live in those type of countries.... so just sit on your ass and f*cking enjoy the show or shut the hell up and go piss someone else off. Oh and...what the hell is it with not showing Mohammed anyway.Would peoples eyes just pop up whenever they looked at him when he was alive?
Tomthechef

Postby Tomthechef » Fri May 14, 2010 6:18 am

Seriously, anyone who is offended by the 200 and 201 episodes is just jumping on the damn bandwagon. Where were these people during season five when they actually showed mohammed (shooting fire nonetheless) . Nope not a single complaint. It wasn't until that dutch cartoonist did his little drawing that it became some cardinal sin for anyone to show mohammed. Before it was apparently just muslims who weren't allowed now it's everyone. So while we're forcing everyone to adhere to everyone else's beliefs I'd like to lay down some doctrine. and remember these apply to everyone now. 1) From now on no meat on Fridays...period. 2) Everyone must wear yarmulkes during any religious ceremony 3) Special undergarments for all!!! Everyone must conform to everyone's religion or I will be offended

I could go on for a while here but I choose not to. Rather I want to get to my other point. If South Park didn't make a joke that was offensive to the Muslims then that in itself should warrant more offense than the actual joke that was made. Everyone gets their turn in south park. Do we somehow think that Muslims are not good enough to get theirs. Judging by the onslaught of whining that is coming from the self appointed representatives of the faith I have to consider that maybe they aren't.

In the 90's musicians would say that they knew they had hit it big when Weird Al parodied one of their songs. Same kind of thing here. You know that you've made a lasting impact on the world when Trey and Matt give your group an episode.
Tomthechef

Postby Tomthechef » Fri May 14, 2010 6:31 am

M00ndragon69 wrote :
> I am offended too..Very, very offended...I am pagan, and Trey and Matt
> hardly ever make fun of my beliefs. It isn't fair, everyone else gets made
> fun of and gets to bitch.. I mean, can't at least one form of The Goddess
> be in the Super Best Friends too? They could draw her all slutty with huge
> tits..LOL..

See here's someone getting offended for the right reasons. I support your cause friend and pray you will one day be lampooned in a way that is deserving of your honorable beliefs
EgonSpangler

Postby EgonSpangler » Fri May 14, 2010 7:01 am

Something occurred to me today. What if (and this is a totally ridiculous what-if) Mohammad had lived in a time when photo photography was around, and someone had actually taken his picture? Just for instance. Are taking pictures of important people outlawed in Islam? So if this time-hopping what-if picture of the actual Muhammad did exist, it wouldn't be a "depiction" or an artists' rendition, it would be definitive. But since it's still a picture (not the physical person), would it be blasphemous?

Personally, I think that it's somewhat of an insult to people's intelligence to say "We don't want you depicting our holy Prophet because we're afraid you'll worship the picture more than the person." I mean, really? It's what good parenting is; teaching your children the difference between a sacred belief and some cartoon on TV.

People need to celebrate their faith, not restrict the way you teach it.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 14, 2010 8:24 pm

...photo photography? :shock:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Ebsilon

Postby Ebsilon » Fri May 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Furyus01 wrote :
>
> The problem with what you are saying is ignorance... Its not Muslims but extremists!
> We have a problem with Christian extremists sending our troops to a county that
> NEVER attacked us to completely destroy said country!!! Does that mean ALL
> Christians are terrorists?! Don't believe all the crap your being fed
> (parents/TV/news) and start thinking for yourself. Hold everyone accountable for
> THEIR actions (Muslim or not) and don't condemn everyone because of the actions f a
> very ignorant/uneducated few. By your philosophy ALL blacks should hate whites and
> view us as slave owners!!! Think about what you are saying before you say it or
> speak only when it improves upon the silence

...Christian extremists? Seriously?

Here's the deal. If someone is, say, mormon and commits murder, that doesn't mean mormans are all evil. That in of itself does not make mormonism wrong.

However, if people are committing acts such as these in the NAME of their religion, a problem might arise. Not all Muslims are terrorists. Of course not. However, those muslims who are not terrorists do little to nothing to actually stop their fellow muslims from killing innocent lives. Islam teaches that the blood of the heathen must be spilled. The people who become terrorists are the ones who take the Koran literally.

You say there are Christian terrorists. If you truly believe the claim that Iraq or Afghanistan are Christian crusades then I think you need to take your own advice--think for yourself and stop watching conspiracy videos.
EgonSpangler

Postby EgonSpangler » Sat May 15, 2010 8:58 am

Big-Will wrote :
> ...photo photography? :shock:

Heck yeah, it's a major offered at RAR!

(redundant academy of redundancy)

:D
getri

Postby getri » Sat May 15, 2010 11:53 am

Count this as a reply to everyone in this thread,
you are all clearly intelligent. however that is not to say any of you are correct. you have a gap in your knowledge
Islam doesn't like paintings etc of people, as the artist may not be right, photography is acceptable. if cameras had been around in the time of Mohammed then there would be no problem in showing a photograph of him. However it was not and they find it highly offensive to show cartoons or images based of presumptions on what he may have looked like.
Islam does not allow murder at all. There is a part of the Quran that is often misquoted about killing the non believer, it does say that, and in context its about when a race of Non Muslims where attacking them, and they didn't know whether they were permitted to kill them in defence. So Allah spoke and told them that in defence it is ok.
To kill someone in Islam is one of the worst things a Muslim can do
If you take a life it is as though you have taken all lives, and if you save a life it is as though you have saved all.
the above sentence is a paraphrase as i have not memorised exactly and can not remember the Surah it is from. Does that appear like the words of a religion wanting a war?
Most Muslims do not believe the "Muslim terrorists" to be of Islam any more for their actions are so against it.
There is no problem for Muslims with christianity as they are bound to protect "people of the book" ie anyone of an Abrahamic religion (Jews Christians and Islam)
Christian government's (like GW Bush) attacking Islamic country's is wrong. "Muslim terrorism" doesnt happen over there it happens in the west, making it for our police to deal with, and an invasion is not going to stop it, besides all else the war in Afgan is a waste of time its too different from western terrain, Afgans are too proud to accept the wests "help" and they have never been defeated they are physically one of the strongest races on the planet.
I personally am not offended by the episode, but can understand why people are, i personally thought it showed more the wests ignorance over the topic and the religion as a whole.
If the west were taught more about Islamic fundamentals then they would probably not mock it,
Whilst Christianity banned science the Quran actively promotes it.
Whilst Christianity subdued women, the Quran has always made them an equal with the right to divorce inherit money and land and businesses etc.
Most stigmas attached to Islam are wrong.
And this goes to the guy who said that Muslims are idiots,
THEY HAVE MADE THE MOST SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGHS IN THE WORLD,
Algebra - is an Arabic idea
Our number system is Arabic

And above all else the Quran is the only holy text that has had sections of it proven by science.

I suggest you all research into a topic before commenting on it,
this comment was also not posted by a Muslim just someone who understands and appreciates the benefits we all receive by Islams teachings, whether aware of it or not

however to make it simpler
http://www.islamonline.net/
that site allows you to post questions and have the top Islamic scholars reply
BestFriendForever

Postby BestFriendForever » Sat May 15, 2010 3:10 pm

I've seen criticism and censorship, but this is taking it too far.

Seriously. Like many people have said in this thread, Muslims don't need to force their beliefs on the world. Consider the fact that most of them aren't even f*cking listening to you. Now look again. And now you understand why 9/11 should have never happened.

I'm an atheist. I still respect religion (except Scientology). But now, I don't know if I should bother to respect Islam anymore.

I await Everyone Draw Mohammed Day. Then, I'll draw him as a pair of tits.
snakepoop

Postby snakepoop » Sun May 16, 2010 5:11 am

WTF this bullpoo what happened to freedom of speech and all that patriotic bullpoo if they cant show mohammed then they should not show other religous characters :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:35 am

getri wrote:
THEY HAVE MADE THE MOST SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGHS IN THE WORLD,
Algebra - is an Arabic idea
Our number system is Arabic

Arabic does not mean Islamic. Sure, most people in the Arabic world are Muslims, but not all of them are.

Also, science and religion exist concurrently in the minds of many people. Muslims are no exception. I completely doubt that the people responsible for the theories of algebra were extremists. You know why? Because they used their head. Tell me how many extremists you know that are smart.

And not to sound blunt, but the fact that our number system was taken from Arabic text doesn't make it a breakthrough. When did anyone give the Romans credit for their numeral system?
2XTURBO

Postby 2XTURBO » Sun May 16, 2010 8:37 pm

religion is a joke, I have no respect for anyone that is brainwashed by a cult. you can take your SAW and shove it up your pussy.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Turbo...for me, religion is a joke. But for others, it's not, and I'm not going to judge them based on it. Sure, I might subconsciously think to myself "Did this person choose to believe this or was it shoved down their throat by their parents or a confused person", but it's not necessarily a factor of who they are. Remember there's lots of religious people who turned atheist and vice versa.

Many people only believe in a God of the Gaps, which is basically where somebody uses the alleged existence of God as an excuse to explain what science can not [yet] explain. This was much more common before we made loads of discoveries in medicine, astronomy, and geography.

And I will agree with you that a 'religion' is the same thing as a 'cult' - the primary difference being worldwide recognition and total adherants. Anything with over a million followers is, in my view, a religion. Anything with fewer is a cult. I don't consider one more dangerous than the other.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun May 16, 2010 10:00 pm

getri wrote :
> And this goes to the guy who said that Muslims are idiots,
> THEY HAVE MADE THE MOST SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGHS IN THE WORLD,
> Algebra - is an Arabic idea
> Our number system is Arabic

Notice you said Arabic and not Muslim. If they were Muslim, I'd ask where in the Qur'an the basics of algebra were laid out. I wager this stuff didn't depend on Islam one bit to come about.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”