Episodes based on UK media stories (e.g. Raoul Moat) ????

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

parkinpants

Episodes based on UK media stories (e.g. Raoul Moat) ????

Postby parkinpants » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:42 am

South Park is obviously massive worldwide and, obviously, the creators are American. Sometimes, as a UK fan, I don't know some of the references to 'local celebrities' but it doesn't necessarily really matter because a lot of the time you can figure out what a celebrity might have done from the context without specifically knowing the background.

It would be ace (from my point of view at least) if there were some episodes inspired by UK storylines. E.g. the whole Raoul Moat UK fugitive saga would be a goldmine. There is massive debate in the media about those that sympathise with him vs those who simply condemn him.

I can imagine Cartman being inspired by Moat and preaching his defence, then committing a crime of his own like Rambo and being on the run from the police. Kyle would be totally offended by Cartmen and running the anti-Facebook sympathy campaigns. Stan, however, would be the usual voice of reason seeing both sides of the debate and pointing out the idiots on both sides.

If you're not familiar with the storyline this South Park esque p*** take speaks for itself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBPf4qoAe_Q
seamus yarr

Re: Episodes based on UK media stories (e.g. Raoul Moat) ???

Postby seamus yarr » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:16 pm

that would be a great idea-but gazza would have to make an appearance! :lol:
"I tried to watch the Spurs game in my hotel room but I fell asleep"-Arsene wenger
Joe56780

Re: Episodes based on UK media stories (e.g. Raoul Moat) ???

Postby Joe56780 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:25 pm

I reckon that they wont follow british news too much and britains a small country compared to america so most of the americans will have literally no clue about whats happening while in the us the biggest news there gets heard about across the world.

It wouldn't be too suprising though if they made one eventually since they have a new 15 season contract or something.

Stuff like that is probably a bit over the top aswell since its directly aiming at someone who isnt famous or used to it.

Just had a thought then, im sure that there will be a London 2012 olympics episode maybe mixed with the 2012 supposed events. (Like the film 2012!)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”