The Coon and Friends Megathread - Who is Who???

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

8shortfuse

Re: The Coon and Friends Megathread - Who is Who???

Postby 8shortfuse » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:43 am

I really don't know who Mysterion is. My sister has me almost convinced it's Kenny, but I still don't think I can rule out Clyde.
I do think that whichever one of them isn't Mysterion is Mosquito. Mosquito seems more like Clyde then Kenny so I guess that supports Kenny=Mysterion.

My guess (or hope) is that Kyle is the Human Kite. It sounded like he was trying to mask his voice by trying to make it raspy. whether this was to hide who he was or to sound cool...I haven't the foggyist. Also, even if the Coon's attack on Mosquito was a surprise attack, it still doesn't add up to Kyle for me. When they go out to eat after that Mosquito looks all defeated. That's not Kyle like. He would be all pissed off and glaring at Cartman. Then in the meeting when they kick him out, Mosquito looks like he is still nervous or withdrawn. Kite Boy on the other hand was glaring the Coon down. Much more like Kyle. Oh, and one more point. When the Coon started beating up Bug Boy they all just kinda stood there and watched until Mint Berry dude (who I think is Bradley, cause it looks just like him) came to his rescue. This could just be my opinion, but if Kyle was the one getting beaten up I would think Stan would have come to his rescue, them being best friends and all.

So yeah my opinion:
Mysterion=Kenny
Mosquito=Clyde
Kite Boy=Kyle

But honestly I really don't know. It's gonna bug me til Wednesday. And we still probably won't find out. lol
JVM

Postby JVM » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:12 am

I like Kenny, but I just can't see him being Mysterion. Matt and Trey hate Kenny with a passion. As Matt once put it, "I could care less about that orange blob." However, both seem quite fond of Clyde who is one of the most often used of the children outside the main five, along with Craig and Jimmy.

The new preview image has me thinking, however, that Mysterion may be Kevin Stoley. Why? The room they're in doesn't look like any existing character's and contains anime and [i]Star Wars[i] toys, and Kevin's been on the down-low all season, only appearing briefly twice. We've seen Kenny and Clyde's rooms before and it doesn't look like their's. However, it's possible Kevin is only a helper/assistant, or that it's Bradley's room.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:55 am

JVM wrote:The water clue's been cited but it could easily have been a red herring to throw us off, and it might not even have been Trey's decision - the other kids had varying drinks, too.

What appears in the animation is always Trey's decision--he's the director.

He analyzes every shot and decides what goes in and what goes out and where everything is placed.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
yeahiwantcheesypoofs

Postby yeahiwantcheesypoofs » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:05 am

unknown:
?- mint berry crunch

my suspicions:
clyde - mysterion
kyle - human kite
kenny - mosquito

I think kenny is mosquito because his costume is the crappiest / cheapest looking. because hes poor.
djs89

Postby djs89 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 am

SnizzySnazzBullets wrote: If u look at the new into when they show the boys around the south park sign, kenny is on top of it, but mysterion is standing in the bottom left corner. sooo doesnt that kinda rule out kenny?

I never noticed that before, I guess Kenny isn't Mysterion then
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:36 am

Wow, JVM knows his South Park! Good points I guess, though I'm still somewhat hesitant.

About what Snizzy said, I'll go have a look and comment a little later, because if Kenny can't be Mysterion, that just leaves Clyde. Then Kenny's probably the Human Kite, and, despite that again, JVM made very good points, Kyle's left as Mosquito. Or the other way around, if Kyle's feeling Batmany.

Will check it out, hm :?
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:48 pm

It's Clyde.

It'd be cool if Kenny was Mysterion, but that will not be the case.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:04 pm

djs89 wrote:
SnizzySnazzBullets wrote: If u look at the new into when they show the boys around the south park sign, kenny is on top of it, but mysterion is standing in the bottom left corner. sooo doesnt that kinda rule out kenny?

I never noticed that before, I guess Kenny isn't Mysterion then

It means nothing, because Matt & Trey didn't know who Mysterion was when they put him there.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Take a look at Lice Capades.

The scene where they check Kenny's hair for lice...he's standing right next to Bradley.

To anyone that thought their hair color was slightly different: it's exactly the same.

The movie is not canon.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
nerdocrat

Postby nerdocrat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:31 am

Here's an idea...what if Kenny is really Mint Berry Crunch? I have watched the Coon 2 episode multiple times, and yes, I have read this whole thread, but I can't help but see a rather big difference in Bradley's hair and Mint Berry Crunch's hair. They are both blonde, but Bradley's is more neatly-combed and Mint Berry's is more like Kenny's in the SP movie and Tooth Fairy Tats.

Thoughts?
8shortfuse

Postby 8shortfuse » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:35 am

I just watched it again and now my choices are all screwed up.
Mint Berry Crunch could be Kenny for all I know now. I'm not ruling it out as a posibility. And it may just be me but it seems like their voices change through the episode. At one point Bug boy kinda sounds like Kyle and Kite doesn't...then later in the secondish half Kite sounds more like Kyle then Mosquito does. I might be hearing things though. I've thought waaay to much about this, I have a headache.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:22 am

I wanna say I've watched the episode more than two times, but, well, work and life in general have been in the way. However, my memory's mediocre, so while I don't remember who ordered water and who had a soda, I pretty much remember how they sound and what roughly their lines are.

Someone already said that Matt and Trey don't like Kenny. While I myself love the guy, apparently, they don't. I saw the intro and Mysterion IS there, as well as Kenny, but that could just be like, I think, the time where Prof. Chaos and Butters were shown in that crowd (don't hold me up to this, I might remember wrong, but I think it happened). Also, I heard a weird theory today, someone said that Mysterion is actually Kyle, since he switched places with the 1st Mysterion back in the first Coon episode. Or, just asked someone to take his place for a bit, so he can throw off suspicion. I find that hard to believe, since at that time, Matt and Trey didn't even know who Mysterion was, but some of their fans find them sneakier than they might actually be.

Is it possible that they made a mistake when writing The Kite's dialog and making it sound too much like Kyle?
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

nerdocrat

Postby nerdocrat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:39 am

CherrehCola wrote:I saw the intro and Mysterion IS there, as well as Kenny, but that could just be like, I think, the time where Prof. Chaos and Butters were shown in that crowd (don't hold me up to this, I might remember wrong, but I think it happened).

More specifically, which part are you referring to? I'm not sure I follow.

CherrehCola wrote:Also, I heard a weird theory today, someone said that Mysterion is actually Kyle, since he switched places with the 1st Mysterion back in the first Coon episode. Or, just asked someone to take his place for a bit, so he can throw off suspicion.

That has been brought up before on this thread. Where did that come from? I feel like I missed a line or something from the episode which indicates that.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:44 am

nerdocrat wrote:
CherrehCola wrote:I saw the intro and Mysterion IS there, as well as Kenny, but that could just be like, I think, the time where Prof. Chaos and Butters were shown in that crowd (don't hold me up to this, I might remember wrong, but I think it happened).

More specifically, which part are you referring to? I'm not sure I follow.

CherrehCola wrote:Also, I heard a weird theory today, someone said that Mysterion is actually Kyle, since he switched places with the 1st Mysterion back in the first Coon episode. Or, just asked someone to take his place for a bit, so he can throw off suspicion.

That has been brought up before on this thread. Where did that come from? I feel like I missed a line or something from the episode which indicates that.

An intro video, where I think Butters was trying to promote his "Butters show" and Chaos (I typed Mysterion, he's in my head atm, pardon) was in the background. Again, I could just remember wrong.

Not exactly sure about your second question. I'm guessing they think that since Mysterion was shown with Kyle, it has to be Kyle, since it's a clever way of diverting attention from him and keeping us guessing. I'm sorry, I didn't read the post about this theory on here, today was the first time I heard someone even assume it's Kyle, hence why I shared. But if they DO decide to go with Kyle, won't that leave more questions, like, who the original/replacement Mysterion is/was?
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:28 am

Professor Chaos first appeared in season 6, "Professor Chaos." "Butters' Very Own Episode" was the last episode in season 5. Quite a few months between those two events.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”