I don't get it.

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Lackrome

I don't get it.

Postby Lackrome » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:54 pm

If Jesus is in south park and everyone knows he exists why are there still jews in south park? This is just confusing.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: I don't get it.

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Jesus is just another man to Jews, so there's no reason for Jews to leave or convert.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Big-Will wrote:Jesus is just another man to Jews, so there's no reason for Jews to leave or convert.

lol,logic has no place here.
Who wants a super delish candy with a superextracalifragilistic rapeinduhass?
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:12 am

Moses appears at Jewbilee, and is part of the Superbestfriends, so it's not like Jesus has more influence than the other deities/prophets.

I wouldn't think too deeply about it. :D
aerojockey

Postby aerojockey » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:36 am

Lackrome wrote:If Jesus is in south park and everyone knows he exists why are there still jews in south park? This is just confusing.

It's comedy. M&T are trying to make us laugh and they aren't going to let silly concepts like "character", "continuity", or "making sense" get in the way of that.

(All comedic writing has to find its own balance between story elements and humor. Investing in a story can pay dividends because humor can come naturally out of the story and characters, but you also lose opportunities: sometimes you have to pass over a good joke because it doesn't fit the character. South Park's balance is very low on the story elements part, and it works. However, it's also really cool when you get non-stop humor and a solid story, see Oscar Wilde for a good example.)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”