Moderator: Big-Will

Re: Characters you miss the most!!

Postby 81397 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:57 am

Wendy and Scuzzlebutt
Tweeeeek

Postby Tweeeeek » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:00 am

Tweek :(
I love Tweek. He's twitchy. I also love Kenny and Towelie.
Southparkfan135

Postby Southparkfan135 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Shelley! She's a really cool character and during the newest episodes, she serves just as background...
Sorry for my bad English...
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 am

I miss Shelley too. Even though she's horrible to my fav character, it's funny. I love how they went back to old SP and had Shelley kick her little brother around several times in season 12 with Over Logging.

Tweek too! Love him.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:36 am

Ignoring deceased characters...

Wendy: Has gone from one of the most important of the series' characters to a background character with almost no importance to the universe anymore. Kyle's pretty much taken on her role anyway.

Tweek: Hasn't been of consequence since season six, despite being a huge fan favorite since his very first appearance in "Gnomes" (#217) His caffeine addiction gives a great opportunity for possible character development.

Timmy: During the fifth season, rumors had it he was being groomed to replace Kenny within the boys' group. Now he's seen no real action since the eighth season - even his roles in "Crippled Summer" (#1407) the "Coon 2: Hindsight" (#1411) story arc were minimal.

Ned: During the first five seasons was one of the most outspoken and important of the townspeople. I don't even think he's even spoken since season five, and he was virtually absent from around season eleven until "The F Word" (#1312) after which he seems to be back in the background at least.

Shelly: Again, scarcely used, even in episodes that focus entirely on her family. She doesn't even mindlessly beat up Stan anymore or get forced to watch him. She's just some girl who happens to live in the Marsh house who can't give a f*ck about the world around her.

Grampa Marsh: Pretty much dead. He's not even at the dinner table anymore most of the time, and just has a tendency to pop in and out. Considering me and only five other people will probably miss him, he's a good candidate for Matt and Trey to simply kill off, especially since he wants to die.

Liane Cartman: At least make her sluttiness a running gag again. These days her personality's pretty inconsistent. She doesn't make Cartman snacks anymore, or call him poopyskins, or tell him he's not fat. She's either not there, she's buying him something, or she's being normal.

The McCormicks: Considering the development the other boys' parents have received, I find it extremely frustrating the McCormick family is portrayed as just two idiots who are poor and get drunk and high. They could use development probably more than anyone on this list. Even the new story arc didn't really develop them, just played over the same aspects. Not to mention Kevin's only ever had two lines and Karen pretty much popped in and out of existence.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:52 am

JVM wrote:Timmy: During the fifth season, rumors had it he was being groomed to replace Kenny within the boys' group. Now he's seen no real action since the eighth season - even his roles in "Crippled Summer" (#1407) the "Coon 2: Hindsight" (#1411) story arc were minimal.

You serious, dude? He can only say one word. He's like a Pokemon.

You can develop Kenny because Kenny can actually talk. Timmy can't do sh*t.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Mazzy

Postby Mazzy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:17 am

I miss, Pip and Christophe Ze Mole....

Oh yes and Sparky did Stan just abandon him or what?
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:42 am

Oh yeah! We need more Sparky. He hasn't been seen since Good Times With Weapons.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:27 am

I'd like to see more of Mitch Connor. But where is Mr. Twig lately? I miss him too.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Ms. Crabtree. SIT DOWN! AND SHUT UP!
Stan and Kyle :)
lollirot

Postby lollirot » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Brendle wrote:
JVM wrote:Timmy: During the fifth season, rumors had it he was being groomed to replace Kenny within the boys' group. Now he's seen no real action since the eighth season - even his roles in "Crippled Summer" (#1407) the "Coon 2: Hindsight" (#1411) story arc were minimal.

You serious, dude? He can only say one word. He's like a Pokemon.

You can develop Kenny because Kenny can actually talk. Timmy can't do sh*t.

Now I agree he can't be through a whole lot every episode and all that but hey... Timmy did an excellent job through Helen Keller and you could read Timmy perfectly in my opinion, though that his speech patterns are limited, to the extreme.
Remember, he can also speak "Gobbles!" :D
I'm a minor character fan, proud background sniper and fiction addicted!
Fav-Characters Tweek, Terrance, Red

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:I miss Shelley too. Even though she's horrible to my fav character, it's funny. I love how they went back to old SP and had Shelley kick her little brother around several times in season 12 with Over Logging.

Tweek too! Love him.

Heh, miss Shelley? You'll love the CYOA I have waiting on Mibbit.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
hellomynameiskenny

Postby hellomynameiskenny » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:28 am

I miss Mr. Hankey the most.
Whoo-Hoo!

I am a cop and you will respect my authoritah!

F*ck you whale! And f*ck you dolphin!

If I could say shitballs to the principal, I would be soooo happy.
Karlfred

Postby Karlfred » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 am

furrybutch wrote:Wendy.
When she meant to the show more than just being part of the background.

Wendy stopped being a central figure in the show after Mary Kay Bergman passed away. No one could do Wendy's vocal characterization as well as her.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 am

Mysterion. I know, it's been less than a month, and they have no reason to get back to him... but f**k it, I miss him.

And I kinda miss Jesus. His parts have been almost as small as Shelley's. *looks at sentence* OK, I'm leaving that unedited for the heck of it.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”