Why I think South Park is ending after S.15

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Why I think South Park is ending after S.15

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Just look, they are tying loose ends. We know who Cartman's dad is now, and we are about to figure out why Kenny keeps coming back to life.

What say you?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
VACOOLA

Re: Why I think South Park is ending after S.15

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:30 pm

I say you have a point here. They've been deliberately ruining the South Park lore by "solving" all its mysteries, so I have a strong feeling it's the beginning of the end. Moreover, when I saw "The end is near" inscription on the broken mirror in the recent episode I was like "What?!? Are they gonna quit after season 14?" Hopefully, they're just teasing us, stupid nitpickers, but I wouldn't be shocked if they announced episode 1414 to be the last one. Everything screams lately of how tired M&T really are, especially the notorious jokelifting incident.

I'm not blaming them. It's for them to decide what to do with their own creation. I'm just hoping for a good season 15. I'm hoping for it to be better than season 14. Just that for now. Nothing lasts forever.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Sadly, I agree with you. I really, really hope that's not the case, but it's pretty damn suspicious.
Rizy

Postby Rizy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Maybe they are doing this so they can have tons of new ideas and running gags for next seasons, like Kenny dying kinda got old and so telling us the secret behind it means maybe they can make some new stuff for next sesons?
...would be sad if the show ended I actually liked the latest seasons.(preparing for people to tell me why they sucked :lol: )
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:24 am

I think they will still fulfill their contractual obligation for a 15th season.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:31 am

I'd be Ok with season 15 being the last one. They just better go all out and give thier best.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:42 am

After seeing this come up again I've changed my tune a bit. They should keep it going as long as they can continue to produce decent episodes. The occasional stinker can be forgiven if they're still generally doing well.
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:00 am

You know what would be really ironic? If they did decide to make 15 the last one, and after it was over, The Simpsons decided to end their tenure too.
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:07 am

BRMBug wrote:You know what would be really ironic? If they did decide to make 15 the last one, and after it was over, The Simpsons decided to end their tenure too.

Maybe... I think they're one season away from 500 episodes. Maybe a good place to call it quits?
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
littleredhairedgirl86

Postby littleredhairedgirl86 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:50 am

I don't want to live in a world where there are no new South Park episodes starting in March and October. I look so forward to it.

However, the show pretty much peaked at season 7 for me. It's been downhill since then.

It's hard to let go, but it's probably for the best.
Wow... that's pretty hardcore.
FoitinRondThworld

Postby FoitinRondThworld » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:54 am

Jake, M'kay? wrote:
BRMBug wrote:You know what would be really ironic? If they did decide to make 15 the last one, and after it was over, The Simpsons decided to end their tenure too.

Maybe... I think they're one season away from 500 episodes. Maybe a good place to call it quits?

The current season (14) just passed 200. You know, 200 and 201 the episodes that aren't being aired because of Muhammad crap. A ways away from 500 episodes...
nerdocrat

Postby nerdocrat » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:36 am

littleredhairedgirl86 wrote:I don't want to live in a world where there are no new South Park episodes starting in March and October. I look so forward to it.

Same here!
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:15 am

littleredhairedgirl86 wrote:I don't want to live in a world where there are no new South Park episodes starting in March and October. I look so forward to it.

However, the show pretty much peaked at season 7 for me. It's been downhill since then.

Season 11 > Season 7

Season 7 had two crappy episodes: Fat Butt and Pancake Head and South Park is Gay!. It had three classic episodes: Cancelled, Lil' Crime Stoppers and Casa Bonita.

Season 11 had no crappy episodes and about 5 solid classics.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 am

Brendle wrote:

Season 11 > Season 7

Season 7 had two crappy episodes: Fat Butt and Pancake Head and South Park is Gay!. It had three classic episodes: Cancelled, Lil' Crime Stoppers and Casa Bonita.

Season 11 had no crappy episodes and about 5 solid classics.

That's personal opinion.
The mystery of Cartman's dad had been technically "solved" since 1998 and no-one had questioned it until a few months ago. They didn't really explain Kenny's death either, Kenny just said he keeps dying and the fact his friends don't notice hurts him.

The end is near means that Ctuhulu (or how ever you spell it) is going to end all mankind. Matt and Trey wouldn't just throw in these random things to discuss what's going to happen in 2012. I mean sh*t, they probably don't even know what to do for the episode after this week's.

I still think that Matt and Trey have it in them (as I've always said) but I do think they need to step it up a notch, stop doing pop culture for episodes (Of course still reference them in jokes and stuff) and return to making episodes where it's just the boys being boys (Sort of like the Superhero episode, without the BP crisis). One good example is "Breast Cancer Show Ever". That is just one where it's the kids being kids and Matt and Trey should continue to do those because those episodes generally end up being the better ones.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:59 pm

This last episode reminds me of that movie End Of Days. I'm still haunted by that movie to this day. It was rated R and we watched it in US Government Class in 10th grade. That was back in 2002.

Its all typical parody. I swear the reporter guy turned super hero is supposed to be Rick Sanchez.

Then Cartman riding on the villan with that corny song in the background is a complete parody of Rainbow Brite.

This is kind of like Sirius|XM. Will Opie & Anthony and Howard Stern's contract be renewed? They say "its the end" others on message boards "They're not going to re sign"

Then they get another contract. I said it in another post, I think Comedy Central should give them an hour of airtime for an episode if they need it. In the case of the last 3 episodes, 1 hour would have covered it all.

These 3 episodes will probably be released on DVD like Imaginationland.

Relax.
Stan and Kyle :)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”