Why I think South Park is ending after S.15

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

headshot2391

Re: Why I think South Park is ending after S.15

Postby headshot2391 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 am

My gut feeling is the same as alot of my friends who are fans aswell, that this many loose ends being tied up is a sign of things to come. What a bleaker world it will be with out South Park. The way they end it however will be nothing but spectular in the general tradition of high standard that Matt, Trey and the whole South park crew have for this show. Let us all pray to Brain Boitano that SP lasts even longer without turning into the simpsons or family guy and loose track for what it has always been about.
metboi07

Postby metboi07 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:49 pm

I can definetly understand why people would think that season 15 will be the last. I want South Park to continue as much as the next fan, but if season 15 is the last, I have no doubt in my mind that Matt and Trey are gonna make their last season the most EPIC!
Mr. Garrison: I don't know Kyle have you asked Mr. Hat?
Kyle: I don't wanna ask Mr. Hat, I'm asking you!
Mr. Garrison: Oh I think you should ask Mr. Hat.
Kyle: ...Mr. Hat, my I please be excused?
Mr. Hat: Well Kyle, NO! YOU HEAR ME! YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!
Mr. Garrison: Well, guess you have to take your seat Kyle.
Kyle: DAMNIT!
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Good time to bump this thread, with tonight's episode and all.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:35 am

They got bored and want to change the show without ending the soapbox and money flow, not like they didn't try similar in season 6. The mysteries thusfar left only to fanfic and speculation (shame in some ways it'll cut down on that) make good 'draw the audience in' / 'ready made idea' episodes when they haven't got any ideas and news is dry too. Mr Kim wasn't even an issue, seems they're trying to give it continuity. I doubt they'll walk away didn't they have a contract for another 2 years? I doubt they'll try beating the simpsons and going over that though don't hold me to that, they have been tying stuff up but I think it's more to give them an excuse to change sh*t.

hey didn't really explain Kenny's death either

Mentioning =/= explaining, like the Kim thing the mystery was resurected (outside fanfic no one cared) to give them something that's funny to talk about precicely because they haven't been for 15 years.

I mean sh*t, they probably don't even know what to do for the episode after this week's.

Or remember what they did the week before, but they're trying to give the impression they care more than they did about continuity it seems. they remember people's names now!

return to making episodes where it's just the boys being boys

Thought those days were gone forever but it seems they want to return to them...sometimes
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:33 am

HOW DO YOU LIKE MY FORESIGHT NOW, BASTARDS?

7 more episodes and it's over.

When the next part starts airing.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
natu4u03

Postby natu4u03 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 am

The Show is over....its said to say....but that episode was a nice way of letting the fans know that this season is the last season.

The show just is losing its Zazz, Matt and Trey realize this and they want to end the show while its still on top.

I cried at tonights episode cause i realized that we only have 7 left, but this show has helped me through so much sh*t when i was depressed and sad. I'm Gonna Miss it.........
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 am

Honestly, I can't see how it WONT end after this season.

- Unassumption
nkrulewitz

Postby nkrulewitz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:44 am

I really don't think it's over. Trey and Matt were going to get rid or Stan in season 6 because stan and kyle are very similar characters. They decided, rather, to get rid of Kenny for the season, simply to introduce new characters (butters) and give them larger spotlights in the show. It was a good maneuver and changed it up a bit and brought in a larger fanbase. They could be doing that again now, to sort of change things up and make it interesting.

Then again, it could just be over. It has been dragging on and getting less entertaining and fairly ridiculous.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:48 am

After this last episode, I agree, I'm getting end-of-series vibes.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:49 am

I could've sworn that I read somewhere (I f*cking wish I remember WHERE so this post would have more credibility) that Matt and Trey re-renewed their contract thru Season 17.

Hmm...shall research...
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 am

DevilAngel16 wrote:I could've sworn that I read somewhere (I f*cking wish I remember WHERE so this post would have more credibility) that Matt and Trey re-renewed their contract thru Season 17.

Hmm...shall research...

Yeah, TMP just told me this.... I didn't catch that. If that is true then I don't even think this will stay. If it is through 17, they will see the fallout this caused tonight and make it all back to normal with the 15b opener.

- Unassumption
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 am

Barack_Obama wrote:
DevilAngel16 wrote:I could've sworn that I read somewhere (I f*cking wish I remember WHERE so this post would have more credibility) that Matt and Trey re-renewed their contract thru Season 17.

Hmm...shall research...

Yeah, TMP just told me this.... I didn't catch that. If that is true then I don't even think this will stay. If it is through 17, they will see the fallout this caused tonight and make it all back to normal with the 15b opener.

I don't think they are the type to care about fallout of any kind. That ain't a bad thing, mind you.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
nkrulewitz

Postby nkrulewitz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:53 am

The other thing is...they just created a ton of tension. Now people will be on the edge of their seats until october and the ratings will be off the charts for the next episode.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:56 am

Z wrote:As far as I've read, they intend to sign, but haven't yet. This could be it. No one here not associated with the show knows what even the Season 15 contract calls for.

/series end

or is it?

You saved my thread, Mr.

- Unassumption
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:02 am

Barack_Obama wrote:
Z wrote:As far as I've read, they intend to sign, but haven't yet. This could be it. No one here not associated with the show knows what even the Season 15 contract calls for.

/series end

or is it?

You saved my thread, Mr.

Proud to serve, Mr. President :wink:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”