Why I think South Park is ending after S.15

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Barack_Obama

Re: Why I think South Park is ending after S.15

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:07 am

I still can't find where they SIGNED anything, all I can find is that one report saying it was a "pact" with CC.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:29 am

im scare :(
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:31 am

and the link for the "singing" is there

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30851

Still old and noting offficial i think
meg125

Postby meg125 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:34 am

Warning, this is a massive post, feel free to skip it. But if you're currently panicking about the show ending after Season 15, it might make you feel better. I hope so.

I'm not so sure we should believe this is the last season just because of that ending, for a few reasons. First off, just consider Trey and Matt's personalities and work ethic for a minute. Debbie Liebling once told a story about how the whole team wanted to take a day off, and while everyone else rested T&M made a short film. In a day. I understand that doing the show makes them tired, and they are "getting older too" (thank you, Stevie...ah, back to you in a minute), but my God, they're only 40 and 41! What are they going to do, sit around all day?! They can't NOT create, it just oozes out of them. They are two of the most hardworking, energetic people in the entertainment business. Plus, in how many interviews over the years have they described how tired and irritable they get in the middle of a run? This is nothing new, regardless of their age. Even back in '98 and '99, they talked about how they thought the 2nd or 3rd seasons would be the last. (!!!) I understand things have changed since then, and they have gotten older, but keep in mind that it doesn't guarantee it's the proverbial apocalypse.

And the whole "Landslide" thing...let's not disregard its status as a joke just yet. Trey and Matt don't even like Stevie Nicks! Remember "Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants?" She was a freaking goat in it. In the commentary for that episode Matt even says, and I directly quote, "I've always hated Stevie Nicks." Why would they decide to use a song by an artist they dislike to create a sticky-sweet, sentimental moment? It should at least send up a flag.

Last but not least, if there's one thing Trey and Matt definitely aren't, it's cynical. I find it hard to believe that they'd let one of their main characters, and show in general, be overtaken by a philosophy they've sort of crusaded against all these years, even if they're getting tired. If anything, this is an opportunity for them to turn around and make a statement denouncing the condition of "Being a Cynical assh*le."

Sorry for the long diatribe, I don't at all mean to be a pushy assh*le. If this does turn out to be the last season, that's alright then too. They'll always be my heroes and I love them forever and ever. I just don't think we have such solid reasons to fear the end yet.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:35 am

My thoughts: This is (not) the end.

Stan is the 'normal' boy. He is what the average viewer can relate to. He is the go to guy. Granted, they can fill his void with other characters (Wendy, Clyde, Craig, Kenny, Butters), we've seen in the past the fan base hates change to a large degree, but we accept the show's evolution.

I also read people theorizing Trey Parker (Stan's voice actor/co-creator) is leaving. If so, then wouldn't the other people he voice leave to?

Stan, Cartman, Randy Marsh, Clyde, Mr. Garrison, just to name the primaries.

I think that South Park writers did their job, they planted the typical finale seed. They drew you in, and brought you to the edge of your seat, and now we get a cliffhanger. That's it. Sure, Sharon mentioned the same sh*t happens every day and she's sick of it. I am to, this is adulthood, it's not fun, but we are creatures of habit.

If Stan's older and 'matured faster' than Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman, then wouldn't the other characters age too? (note: Kyle's birthday passed, as it was May 26th, and Stan's is October 26th. The timeline isn't accurate).
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 am

They drew you in, and brought you to the edge of your seat, and now we get a cliffhanger.

It isn't the first time someone's gone away then come back...or the first time they divorced even
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 am

tying up loose ends:

in Season 5's Osama Bin Lauden has farty pants, the military thought the goat was Stevie Nicks. Tonight, notice the nicks character sang, but sounded like a goat :o

Listen to that part again, and you will hear it. That ties up the loose end from so many years ago why the goat was plausible as Stevie Nicks.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:52 am

She's always sounded like a goat; it's just that Matt and Trey were the first to say so on a cartoon. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
xlxcigaroxlx

Postby xlxcigaroxlx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:52 am

It could also be a way to fire at Comedy Central. Like a threat. I hope. I hate to think that it's over. South Park has been amazing to grow up with. I was a kid, now I'm 24 and admire it more than ever. I will totally miss this show if this is the end, but will always follow MNT's career

SEASON 15: The Year Of The Fan - The end of South Park.
I failed sex ed, will you tutor me?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 am

SEASON 15: The Year Of The Fan! Thanks for watching! Enjoy these treats on the way out!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 am

If I am right, do I get a cookie?

If I am wrong, do I get a flogging?
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 am

Barack_Obama wrote:If I am right, do I get a cookie?

If I am wrong, do I get a flogging?

You get a cookie for both these threads; so either way, right OR wrong, you get a cookie :D
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:10 am

Some people think it is just a big change, think Stan is going to be removed.

I say IF they are just making character changes and still doing the show, it will not be Stan they take out.... It's Randy.

They sh*t on him so bad in that fight scene. Same sh*t every week just getting more ridiculous. People think he is sh*t. And they are taking the underwear from him, so....

(btw, f*ck y'all haters. I love Randy.)

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 am

It'll be the whole Marsh family - including Randy.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Talespin

Postby Talespin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 am

(newb here)

sh*t this is the first time I ever felt sad after watching south park. seriously. I agree with everyone saying this is the final season...sure seems that way. I can't see how it'd continue...but they did their job well of having us all on the edge of our seats. I can't take the waiting. All my shows are on off seasons now. )X

PS: Randy is funny. stfu haters

Return to “General South Park Discussion”