To all the doomsayers

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

To all the doomsayers

Postby kfgg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:42 am

This show is still #1 in its target demo among cable shows in its time slot.

Mysterion Rises
#1 18-49 2.8 million viewers up from 2.7 last week

Coon2 Hindsight
#1 18-49 2.7 million viewers

Insheeption came in at #2 18-49

It's A Jersey Thing was #1 18-49 with 3.2 million viewers

Poor & Stupid was #1 18-49

For a "dying show" people obviously are still watching because its consistantly either at #1 or #2 in its target demographic.

You all may think it sucks, yet you keep coming back, at times in record numbers

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2 ... _20101103/

Just sayin'
Stan and Kyle :)
M00ndragon69

Re: To all the doomsayers

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:11 am

Ehh, screw the people who think that. I have seen the same sort of comments on horror message boards from so called fans of different films. People like that seem to want to see the shows or movies they like fail, or the directors and actors they claim to be fans of start making bad films. So they can be all elitist and say that it sucks and that the first seasons of the show were better, or the director's earlier films were better. I guess so everyone else thinks they are intelligent, most people I have met who were like that turned out to be huge douche bags.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:21 am

I never doubted the show's ratings. It's still Comedy Central's top show, and it's the reason that Comedy Central ever became successful and a household name.

The "doomsayers" you speak of are generally those who have watched the show from the beginning and dislike the direction the show has taken.

However, there's plenty of people out there, evidently, who got into South Park in recent years who seem to take a liking to the show's current style of humor, and they make up a significant percentage of the current audience.
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:55 am

I don't think anyone has ever said South Park is failing in the ratings...
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:32 am

The point here is that just because a few people have become quite vocal about their displeasure with the show doesn't mean everyone else has stopped watching, and the rest of us here can take some comfort in that.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:22 am

Well, this is what I think about the show:

Goin' down to south park gonna have myself a time!

Friendly faces everywhere, humble folks without temptation!

Goin' down to south park gonna leave my woes behind!

Ample parking day or night, people spouting howdy neighbour!

Goin' down to south park gonna see if i cant unwind,

And then the different versions:

Kenny: (muffled) i like girls with fat tittes, i like girls with big vaginas!

Or: season 3 change(what kenny says) :
i want a penis. you can have my wenis

Or: season 7 change(what kenny says) : sometime il be old enough to stick my dick in britneys butt.

And finally, what I think of South Park:

Come on down to south park, and meet some friends of mine. :)
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Big-Will wrote:The point here is that just because a few people have become quite vocal about their displeasure with the show doesn't mean everyone else has stopped watching, and the rest of us here can take some comfort in that.

I highly doubt ANY of these people have stopped watching it either.
zzyzx 1 wrote:Kenny: (muffled) i like girls with fat tittes, i like girls with big vaginas!

Or: season 3 change(what kenny says) :
i want a penis. you can have my wenis

Or: season 7 change(what kenny says) : sometime il be old enough to stick my dick in britneys butt.

Mysterion singing. A slightly different version:

Season 1-2: "I like girls with big fat titties, I like girls with deep vaginas."
Season 3-5: "I have got a 10-inch penis, use your mouth to help me clean it."
Season 7-10: "Some day I'll be old enough to stick my dick in Britney's butt."
Current (presumably): "I like fucking silly bitches, 'cause I know my penis likes it."

This Mysterion is one dirty motherf…..superhero. Speaking of wich, screw the doomsayers, but let's maybe discuss whether his dirtiness is yet another part of the "curse" or not.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:58 pm

I love this show, i love getting a buzz when reading a new episode annoucement on a monday morning, i love getting up early on a thursday morning to watch the new episodes and most of all i love you guys.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:38 am

James--76 wrote:I love this show, i love getting a buzz when reading a new episode annoucement on a monday morning, i love getting up early on a thursday morning to watch the new episodes and most of all i love you guys.

You rock my world. :mrgreen:
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:40 pm

I don't think the doomsayers believe that the show's ratings were declining. I also don't think many people here were worried about that either. I think the only debate is quality, not whether people are watching. :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”