Will Chef Return?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

herminbean

Will Chef Return?

Postby herminbean » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:58 pm

I've thought about this for a while! Will the Darth Vadar version of Chef return at any point? What do you all reckon? At all a possibility?
Zazaban

Re: Will Chef Return?

Postby Zazaban » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 am

That's something to save for the Series Finale.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:07 am

herminbean wrote:I've thought about this for a while! Will the Darth Vadar version of Chef return at any point? What do you all reckon? At all a possibility?

Well Issac Hayes, voice actor of Chef, has been dead for 2 or so years now... I know! We can revive him for his role!
http://cart.mn/bdDe3u

But seriously, if Matt and Trey try to do his voice people will notice.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 pm

kieranic wrote:. . . . But seriously, if Matt and Trey try to do his voice people will notice.

Or MnT could hire a professional voice impersonator who can do a perfect rendition/imitation of the voice of Isaac Hayes :)
HazzaJ

Postby HazzaJ » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 am

Series finally of Season 15:

Matt and Trey should rip of 'Star Wars'. In the episode Chef should return as a one time gig (with somebody impersonating 'Isaac Hayes' voice). In the episode, Chef can put an end to the Super Adventure Club, die and sing one final song.

That'd be schweeet :p
tmh

Postby tmh » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:52 am

Hehe I had made a thread about this just the other day.

facelessvoice.com guy narrator sounds like Chef, pretty funny actually.. u can hear it in the teaser player. made me laugh because the subject matter of the site matches chef's character pretty well too
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:23 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
kieranic wrote:. . . . But seriously, if Matt and Trey try to do his voice people will notice.

Or MnT could hire a professional voice impersonator who can do a perfect rendition/imitation of the voice of Isaac Hayes :)

Nah, Chef is the only character Isaac Hayes voiced on the show. To have anyone else do it is not cool. Now, Darth Chef, he might be cool to bring back once in a while.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Darth Chef was not voiced by Isaac Hayes, so he may return. But I don't think so. I think the purpose of Darth Chef was like that of a horror movie twist in the early 1980s - just to leave open a cliffhanger if they decide to come back to the idea.

But unlike Horror movies, Comedy Central won't be sending South Park off as soon as Matt and Trey decide to say "no"
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:11 am

I'd still like to see a new school chef come to SP, and have a showdown with Darth Chef. Maybe in a 'Wars meets Western type of thing on the main drag in town. I don't know.
scottync

Postby scottync » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:39 pm

As someone noted, Darth Chef wasn't voiced by Hayes, so they can definitely bring back the character. I don't think they'll do it on some throwaway gag, but like someone else suggested, I could see doing it in a big finale or some other major story arc. I hope they do. It was just setup too perfectly at the end of The Return of Chef.
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:11 am

scottync wrote:As someone noted, Darth Chef wasn't voiced by Hayes, so they can definitely bring back the character. I don't think they'll do it on some throwaway gag, but like someone else suggested, I could see doing it in a big finale or some other major story arc. I hope they do. It was just setup too perfectly at the end of The Return of Chef.

They re-used an old voice-clip of him, slowed it down and added various effects to it to get the "Darth Vader" sound to it.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:32 pm

He'll come back in some form in the series finale. You have to have Chef in the finale.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
bmoreravens12

Postby bmoreravens12 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:55 pm

kieranic wrote:
scottync wrote:As someone noted, Darth Chef wasn't voiced by Hayes, so they can definitely bring back the character. I don't think they'll do it on some throwaway gag, but like someone else suggested, I could see doing it in a big finale or some other major story arc. I hope they do. It was just setup too perfectly at the end of The Return of Chef.

They re-used an old voice-clip of him, slowed it down and added various effects to it to get the "Darth Vader" sound to it.

No Peter Serafinowicz voiced him. He also voiced Darth maul in the star wars

Return to “General South Park Discussion”