Taking a Poll... Anyone actually like the 'Coon' espisodes??

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CryssyKitten

Re: Taking a Poll... Anyone actually like the 'Coon' espisod

Postby CryssyKitten » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:50 am

eh........not so much. Cartman is funny but thats about it.
CryssyKitten
tlazur

Postby tlazur » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:37 pm

i thought the original coon episode was hilarious. "Let her go......you wont be raping anyone tonight!" Christian Bale vs. the Coon. Coon wins, much better superhero voiceover
Rainmaker_de

Postby Rainmaker_de » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 pm

TheViolentLolita wrote:Honestly, I liked the main idea, but they threw in so much unnecessary crap in that by the end I was glad they were over. I liked the kenny/mysterion plot, but it could have been done in a different way in one-two episodes. The other kids as super heros were just there so MNT could dress up the other kids as super heros, they did NOTHING. The cartman-cathulu plot was trash, I didn't find it funny at all, just disturbing. The lebron james joke was ok the first time, but unnecessary the second and third time. Sadly it was kinda too late to do the BP joke, at the beginning of the season it would have been ok, but it was too late when these episodes came around, making the joke unnecessary and stupid. Another Coon vs. Mysterion episode would have been good, but the way they did it just ruined the original episode. If they wanted to do another serious episode about Kenny, they should have just done that and left the crap out. Just my opinion though.

I can't agree more. A very neat summary.

The original Coon episode and the idea behind it were absolutely brilliant. But then it unexpectedly turned into a typical low-budget soap opera with BP and Capitan Hindsight jokes being constantly repeated, Cthulhu and Cartman engaging into a massacre, the whole simple 1-episode story being artificially extended into 3 episodes, most characters not behaving themselves, etc. I seriously doubt they spent the usual 6-7 days to work thoroughly on each episode.

I wish they spent as much time on the Coon THINKING ABOUT THE WHOLE STORY IN ADVANCE, as they did for Imaginationland.

Some die-hard South Park fans would watch any SP episode and would love it, but we are talking about QUALITY of South Park here, which should not be compromised.
IHeartKennyMcCormick

Postby IHeartKennyMcCormick » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:34 pm

TheViolentLolita wrote:Sadly it was kinda too late to do the BP joke, at the beginning of the season it would have been ok, but it was too late when these episodes came around, making the joke unnecessary and stupid.

um... Does anyone recall the fact that it happened A SECOND TIME. That's when these episodes came up. That was the whole idea of the "Oh no! Don't tell me we did it again!" and "Should I remind you we've done this before?"

Also, while the first one happened at the beginning of 2010, it still effects people and the marine life.

So, I don't really understand why you guys are saying "It's too late, it's too late."

You know.. just asking if you guys can recall that...
Butters Best Moment: I like that Boom Boom Pow...

Kenny's Best Moment: PHFFFT ALL OF THEM!
I love K2: Kyle x Kenny. And Cartters: Cartman x Butters. All other couples don't really matter.
gamegreak999

Postby gamegreak999 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm

i liked them. All of them. Yes, they could have probably stood to put them into 2 episodes, but that doesn't invalidate them as good episodes. Did anyone else figure out that Mysterion was Kenny since the very FIRST coon episode? I mean, everyone's reaction - it was so f*cking obvious! But still i had to debate with my friends for hours about it being Craig, or Clyde. Stupid if you ask me. It had to Kenny. It always did.
kennyrules1234579

Postby kennyrules1234579 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:26 pm

i loved them until the last one. and heres why.

Threre should the last episode. coon vs coon and friends didn't explain much and kenny got the short end of the stick at the end.
I mean he freaking committed suicide to save his friends, and was willing to let Cthulhu kill him as a sacrifice :zombiekenny: , while mint berry crunch who runs away and watches tv while his friends are in danger and let cartman ( the coon) beat him up, saves the day? Thats just plain wrong. This episode to felt like it was rushed and incomplete.

kenny lover till the end :unhoodedkenny:
Badmitton

Postby Badmitton » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 pm

the Coon = South Park "jumps the shark"
naomeh

Postby naomeh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:03 pm

I didn't like them. The first one was clever, and I could deal with a second one - but the whole bit seemed to go on for way too long.

I liked the idea of Kenny suiciding though right in front of them. If I had to deal with a few bad episodes to see Kenny angry like that, then I will. He doesn't get enough development and that just kind of seemed deep / awesome to me.
Miss the "Next Episode" feature or want an Autoplay feature? Both?!
Post here:http://forums.southparkstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=46556

I hope they notice it!
Sammy-J

Postby Sammy-J » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:46 am

gamegreak999 wrote:i liked them. All of them. Yes, they could have probably stood to put them into 2 episodes, but that doesn't invalidate them as good episodes. Did anyone else figure out that Mysterion was Kenny since the very FIRST coon episode? I mean, everyone's reaction - it was so f*cking obvious! But still i had to debate with my friends for hours about it being Craig, or Clyde. Stupid if you ask me. It had to Kenny. It always did.

agreed! when the first episode of the Coon & Friends trilogy starts to kick off and you see all of them sitting in Cartman's basement, it's pretty obvious that Kenny is Mysterion when they all start discussing their superhero to-do list.
I don't think I'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams.
Butters - Super Best Friends
mbmusgrove

Postby mbmusgrove » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:16 am

Negative. They took a premise and kept running way too long with it.

I actually built a poll page for which episodes people think are best,with links to the eps:

:arrow: Vote Here :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 am

I wish they spent as much time on the Coon THINKING ABOUT THE WHOLE STORY IN ADVANCE, as they did for Imaginationland.

AHAHA, bullsh*t.

Matt and Trey said many times when they did Imaginationland they only had really plotted out the basic plot.

Look, I don't like the Coon trilogy much anymore, but I think people put way too much hate on a story arc intended to SATISFY the ungrateful fans. First off, there were like twenty people begging for an oil spill episode. There were several asking for Justin Bieber to be spoofed. Many asked for more Goth Kids. Everyone wanted to know who Mysterion was. And of course, plenty of old school fans debate Kenny's death.

The three part episode was intended to please fans and satisfy what they've asked for. All it did was piss most of us off.

Not to mention, a lot of people fail to understand Matt Stone and Trey Parker wrote this season while writing a Broadway play. Their creative energy was focused thin, and mind you they come up with each episode in SEVEN DAYS. You might think you can do better, but then factor in they've been coming up with shows in a week time frame since 1997. Try coming up with a plotline in a week or two two-hundred and nine times. It gets kind of hard.

I'm sorry, I can understand the reasons why some people hate them, just not why they're so widespread. I've never seen Matt and Trey try so hard to appeal to us.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
kennthekiller911

Postby kennthekiller911 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 am

What the f*ck is wrong wit yall. The coon episodes were the best south park episodes. :zombiekenny:
Hayayahi

Postby Hayayahi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Yes. The Hindsight episode wasn't very good, but i liked the other three, especially for the truth about Kenny's death, all the plot about him and Mysterion.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”