MORE MR.GARRISON PLEASE!!!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Notorious J.A.P

MORE MR.GARRISON PLEASE!!!

Postby Notorious J.A.P » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:30 am

I would love to see more Mr. Garrison in future SP episodes. They haven't really done anything with him the last few seasons. It's sad because I always thought he was one of the funniest characters and the best satirist on the show. Whether he was straight, gay, a woman or whatever he is now, he never failed to deliver laughs, make you think about a poignant issue or bring attention to societies double standards. I was just watching "The Entity", "It Hits the Fan", "There goes the neighborhood" and "Death Camp of Intolerance". Those were all awesome episodes that made you laugh hysterically while making you think about the more serious issues in the underlying plot(racism,homophobia,free speech,political correctness, etc..). More Herbert Garrison please! No matter what they do with his character it always seems to work. Don't let the show end next year with one of it's greatest characters just standing in the background not really doing anything.
BRMBug

Re: MORE MR.GARRISON PLEASE!!!

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:09 am

Yeah, I'll go along with that. It has been a little while since he's been on for more than a few seconds of air time.

Nice handle btw. :lol:
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:32 am

Well, this very Season 14, 1405 "200" the episode ends with Mr. Garrison, and "201" starts again with Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hat. That's pretty recent if you ask me :)

BRMBug wrote:Nice handle btw.

Agreed :)
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:01 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:Well, this very Season 14, 1405 "200" the episode ends with Mr. Garrison, and "201" starts again with Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hat. That's pretty recent if you ask me :)

BRMBug wrote:Nice handle btw.

Agreed :)

I want more Garrison as well, his part in 200/201 was too short and was much more of a Mr Hat reunion tour.

We need another "Follow that Egg" type of episode where Herbert gets the spotlight.
Timmy!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:28 pm

LilNugget wrote:
We need another "Follow that Egg" type of episode where Herbert gets the spotlight.

My favorite part of that ep is when he threatens Cartman.

I love Mr. Garrison. He's a total psycho and yet he's sometimes the voice of reason. (like in Lice Capades) He's one of the most versatile characters of the whole series.
JVM

Postby JVM » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 am

We haven't really heard from Garrison since his sex change. He's only really been used as an example of one of the adults. In "200" and "201" he was the one to direct Cartman to Mephesto but I think that was mostly for Mr. Hat's appearance and considering again, all he really did was say "Go somewhere else." his role wasn't important.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Southparkfan135

Postby Southparkfan135 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:58 pm

I agree, since his second sex change operation, Mr. Garrison was pretty neglected. The uncoming episode seems to be focused on Marsh family, so I doubt we are going to see him in this one. I agree, he is the one of the best South Park characters who makes South Park soo awesome. I hope he gets some episode(s) focused on him during the Season 15...
Sorry for my bad English...
metboi07

Postby metboi07 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 pm

I definetly agree, Mr. Garrison needs to have another episode because he is flat out hilarious. Some of my favorite episodes have featured Mr(s). Garrison. We need another episode like "The Death Camp of Tolerance," or "Follow that Egg, or even "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina." Plus we need to catch up on Big Gay Al and Mr. Slave. And I also would like to know if Pip is dead or not (for good).
Mr. Garrison: We need to round up some queers, and BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF THEM! Let's get some queers and some trucks, and have us a good old fashioned F*G DRAG!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”