Will Trey and Matt renew their contracts?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MoonBear44

Postby MoonBear44 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:29 pm

So, do you think Trey and Matt will renew their contracts after season 15? I say "Yes"! At least I hope they do! :?
lollirot

Re: Will Trey and Matt renew their contracts?

Postby lollirot » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:18 pm

I say yes, 3 more seasons? That'll be great! It's a new decade now, come on... I think South Park can do it, some people don't, oh well :)
But I think it will be renewed at least one more time :)
I'm a minor character fan, proud background sniper and fiction addicted!
Fav-Characters Tweek, Terrance, Red

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)
Mazzy

Postby Mazzy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:05 pm

I really hope so... if they don't I shall be a sad panda.
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:10 pm

They already said no to the NYT. 15 will be the last. Image
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:18 pm

I haven't counted, but it seems to me there have been at a minimum a dozen threads on this. I post here only to ask one question:

This thread is in "Polls." Where is the poll? A poll where the php software that runs this BBS which will automatically tabulate the voiting might be interesting, compared to the other similar threads on this subject that does not tally the votes.

You know:

You have one vote:

Yes

No
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:03 pm

I don't know. Maybe.
aerojockey

Postby aerojockey » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:58 am

Who knows, but I have a hunch that they'll sign new contracts... with FX.
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:32 am

aerojockey wrote:Who knows, but I have a hunch that they'll sign new contracts... with FX.

Doesn't Comedy Central own SP?
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:34 am

joshferrell wrote:
aerojockey wrote:Who knows, but I have a hunch that they'll sign new contracts... with FX.

Doesn't Comedy Central own SP?

Most likely, yes.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:29 am

Well, M&T might like the life of Broadway Show writers. They could still do SP, but who says the shows must be written in 6 days? Is it in their contract? Or just their current policy? I think M&T could renew if they want; if they take a year off, it could be the end of SP as we know it.

Remember "24"? They only aired 24 eps in the Winter. But one year, there was a writers strike, so the next season started a year late. Then they were cancelled. So if SP takes a year off, they may not come back :(

So I don't know. I hope they renew, but I also hope they don't work so hard and perhaps take a little longer in creating an episode. I don't know :|
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:42 am

It's up to Matt & Trey. If they still want to say something to a mass audience on a major cable network in a year, it's there.

If they don't, then they don't.

That will not be the last you'll hear of Matt & Trey though. Regardless if the show continues or not. That's all I can say.
Stan and Kyle :)
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 am

God Z, stop making this into a theoraticial question.... :roll:

The "answer" sadly is no. :( I have basically heard from credible sources that 15 will be the end? Why? Because A) M&T are tired of the scandals. B) they don't want to end up stale like the simpsons. C) Because Cartman said so in the DVD set...

I do hope that maybe they try to "extend" the season to say 16 episodes instead of 14....could they, perhaps? Make a grand movie? (throwing out ideas people)

So yea, regardless it looks like the end of the road :cry:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:32 am

^ What's this about Cartman on the DVD set!?

Matt and Trey have maintained for years that they intend to end South Park with a feature film. Take a look at BLU and Imaginationland if you want an idea what the finale will be like ;)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:41 am

"Revolations of Cartman" State that the "end" will be in 2012. Who knows if that means one more season to 16, but alas I'm not buying any more after that.

I hope the "movie" puts a stray into how the kids grow up like go about 10 years into the future to like graduation of HS or something...that'd be cool :o
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:07 am

^ The 2012 thing? Seriously? I hate to sound like a dick, but that's an extremely obvious poke at the 12/21/12 thing, it has nothing to do with South Park's future, and Season 15 would end in 2011.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”