Worst season ever?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

JayDrew

Worst season ever?

Postby JayDrew » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:16 pm

So which season of SP do you think is the worst? I honestly think season 13 was the worst, particularly the second half of it.
IHeartKennyMcCormick

Re: Worst season ever?

Postby IHeartKennyMcCormick » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 pm

I thought season 6 was the worst. It was missing a very important thing... :gaykenny: South Park was Kennyless for almost a whole season ;.;
Butters Best Moment: I like that Boom Boom Pow...

Kenny's Best Moment: PHFFFT ALL OF THEM!
I love K2: Kyle x Kenny. And Cartters: Cartman x Butters. All other couples don't really matter.
lollirot

Postby lollirot » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 pm

Urgh season 9 for me, just really not my fling, so. But season 6, more specifically one episode killed South Park for me for a little while even though I watched pieces of season 7 and thought they we're good. Therefore, I resent it even though it has episodes a piece that are favorites in there.
Season 13 was, okay... perhaps 'Fishsticks' was so epic it wiped the rest of the season :D ?
I'm a minor character fan, proud background sniper and fiction addicted!
Fav-Characters Tweek, Terrance, Red

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)
subuccus

Postby subuccus » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Though it's good for sentimental reasons, the first season can't stand up to the others. They just improved too much - and cartman's voice is just completely different.
"I cannot by Sparkle Law move to have an old list investigated. However, if you can find recourse for such an inquiry, Wendy, I would review it. Does that sparkle with all the girls?" - Bebe S11Ep1114
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:57 am

It's tough, I haven't seen any seasons in full except 1, 10, 12, 13 and 14 yet, though most seasons I'm only an episode or two away from finishing. I love all seasons of South Park, don't get me wrong here, but some are better than others.

But I will say so far Seasons 8 - 10 are my least favorite - although they're both funny, maybe funnier than some other seasons, they lack the traditional South Park charm in some ways - there's less callbacks, less Kenny, and some good and bad character developments.

I thought season 6 was the worst. It was missing a very important thing... South Park was Kennyless for almost a whole season ;.;

At first that bothered me too, but if you look at it, Kenny had the biggest affect on the show while dead then when alive. He was mentioned in almost every episode, while in some newer ones, even when around, he's not acknowledged, or only does so once.

Killing Kenny, tragic as it was, highlighted his importance to the show.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:18 am

The second half of season 10 was hell. I'm not just talking about the episodes themselfs, I think everybody was under way too much pressure. There were a number of physical mistakes (Everybody looks yellow in Make Love Not Warcraft for example)
Stan and Kyle :)
hellomynameiskenny

Postby hellomynameiskenny » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:30 am

Probably seasons 1 or 4 but I haven't really watched episodes from those seasons in a while.
Whoo-Hoo!

I am a cop and you will respect my authoritah!

F*ck you whale! And f*ck you dolphin!

If I could say shitballs to the principal, I would be soooo happy.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:03 pm

11 and 12
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Season 12, and maybe this last one.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:30 pm

JayDrew wrote:So which season of SP do you think is the worst? I honestly think season 13 was the worst, particularly the second half of it.

It would be like lining up 14 Playboy models and asking which was the "ugliest". They're all hot, some just strike me as more so than others. Not an ugly one in the bunch IMO.
Timmy!
TiaMantova

Postby TiaMantova » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:04 am

hellomynameiskenny wrote:Probably seasons 1 or 4 but I haven't really watched episodes from those seasons in a while.

I agree
TiaMantova

Postby TiaMantova » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:13 am

the first 1-4 seasons except a few episodes
Braminoid

Postby Braminoid » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:23 am

Season 11 , there's was a few great episodes in that season but most of it was terrible. Every season is good but I'd say Season 11 was the one I liked the least
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:34 am

Braminoid wrote:Season 11 , there's was a few great episodes in that season but most of it was terrible. Every season is good but I'd say Season 11 was the one I liked the least

OMG. I can not believe someone has this opinion. This is mind-boggling.

What is it about Season 11 you don't like? Can you even name ONE bad episode? Apart from D-Yikes, that is.

You choose this as the worst season over the absolutely atrocious 14th season? Over the unfunny first season (let's face it...the first season sucked).

The 8th season was also very flat, IMO.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:38 am

Brendle wrote:
Braminoid wrote:Season 11 , there's was a few great episodes in that season but most of it was terrible. Every season is good but I'd say Season 11 was the one I liked the least

OMG. I can not believe someone has this opinion. This is mind-boggling.

What is it about Season 11 you don't like? Can you even name ONE bad episode? Apart from D-Yikes, that is.

You choose this as the worst season over the absolutely atrocious 14th season? Over the unfunny first season (let's face it...the first season sucked).

The 8th season was also very flat, IMO.

Brendle, you need to learn to accept your opinions are just that - opinions. Factually speaking nothing is completely unfunny. I for one laughed my ass off when I saw Season 1 for the first time. And plenty of other members here have. Personally I don't like Season 11 much, but I also have a few episodes in it I have yet to watch. I have mixed thoughts on Season 14, but it's not atrocious at all. But of course, that's just my opinion.

Not to mention, comedy isn't everything, even in a comedy series.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”