Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

JayDrew
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby JayDrew » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:46 pm

I happen to think that Trey Parker is brilliant (agree? disagree?). Though the show isn't as funny as it once was (and all shows eventually get poorer) it's still smarter than most of the bullsh*t out there. Anyway I often find myself wondering what Trey really thinks about stuff. He is great at making each side of an issue look stupid. Does this mean that he is a moderate? I particularly like his critique of religion and have heard something about him saying that to him the dumbest belief out there is that we're here "just because" (in other words, he is not an atheist). Also someone told me he is a Libertarian.

Anyway if you know any of his personal opinions on issues I'd really be interested to hear them. Does he really not believe in things like Global Warming or is he just having fun ripping on the issue?
Karlfred
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Karlfred » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:54 pm

His views on religion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rB0TaZqDCI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4h3_Dv_ ... re=related

Trey Parker has described himself as agnostic, but he's also said he believes in a higher power.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Brendle » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:34 am

When South Park denied that global warming existed back in "Manbearpig", that was pretty much the dumbest thing ever.

Bet they feel stupid now, huh?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6128
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:25 pm

I tend to think that Trey's lashing out at what he believes to be alarmist rhetoric from some who speak out about climate change. What draws his attention is people who are passionate to the point of becoming douchebags. And I think that overrides addressing the actual scientific data and modeling on this issue. So I'm not ready cast him as climate change denier.

Especially since Trey has such awesome skeptical cred. Alternative medicine, psychics, ghosthunters, truthers, religion, even down to the minor issue of fraudulent carnival games. But it's ultimately about good story telling and if it involves marginalizing a climate science promoter to get us to the point where Cartman can sh*t out plastic treasure, so be it.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
kfgg
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby kfgg » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 am

I think the real problem is pollution, not global warming. I don't think the term "global warming" would have ever existed (real or not) if pollution wasn't a serious problem. I'm guessing its a big scare tactic (for now)

As for Trey, he makes fun of what's fun to make fun of. And Al Gore is a very funny guy. They ripped on Glenn Beck too. That's whats so great about South Park. Nobody is immune.
Stan and Kyle :)
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Brendle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:12 am

kfgg wrote:I think the real problem is pollution, not global warming. I don't think the term "global warming" would have ever existed (real or not) if pollution wasn't a serious problem. I'm guessing its a big scare tactic (for now)

What are you talking about? The real problem is global warming.

Pollution is not the only cause for global warming.

The earth is getting hotter and it will reach temperature levels that we cannot live at, and we will die.

Global warming is going to make humanity extinct soon if nothing is done about it.

Trey Parker has no qualifications in science and has no idea what he's talking about. Therefore, he shouldn't be talking about it.

Clyde: Ah, excuse me? My daddy is a geologist and he says there actually isn't any concrete evidence of global warming.

Older man: That's not true. [waves his right forearm slowly to the right, palm out] Global warming is going to kill us all. [repeats the arm movement]
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
VACOOLA
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby VACOOLA » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:30 am

Brendle wrote:Trey Parker has no qualifications in science and has no idea what he's talking about. Therefore, he shouldn't be talking about it.

Right. Therefore he shouldn't be talking about anything.

May I ask you about your scientific qualifications, by the way?

Oh, never mind. Global warming is the greatest bunch of bullshit ever concocted, but if it irks you so much I'm looking forward to it.

Yay, global warming, thy kingdom come!
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18867
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Big-Will » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:53 am

Brendle wrote:Clyde: Ah, excuse me? My daddy is a geologist and he says there actually isn't any concrete evidence of global warming.

Older man: That's not true. [waves his right forearm slowly to the right, palm out] Global warming is going to kill us all. [repeats the arm movement]

Of course, you know what he said next, right?

Older man: The Republicans are responsible.

No, older man, we all are.

And no, global warming will NOT kill us all. We're quite adaptable creatures; there's no reason we can't adapt to a warmer planet. As for the other species, well, if we lose them, we lose them. If we want to save them, we should take steps to do so, or we already are taking steps.

Now, if there's nothing more to discover about Trey's beliefs, I'll change the thread title later.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Wii fit man » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:09 am

Big-Will wrote:
Brendle wrote:Clyde: Ah, excuse me? My daddy is a geologist and he says there actually isn't any concrete evidence of global warming.

Older man: That's not true. [waves his right forearm slowly to the right, palm out] Global warming is going to kill us all. [repeats the arm movement]

Of course, you know what he said next, right?

Older man: The Republicans are responsible.

No, older man, we all are.

And no, global warming will NOT kill us all. We're quite adaptable creatures; there's no reason we can't adapt to a warmer planet. As for the other species, well, if we lose them, we lose them. If we want to save them, we should take steps to do so, or we already are taking steps.

Now, if there's nothing more to discover about Trey's beliefs, I'll change the thread title later.

There's more to it than it just being warmer.=/ But that's another argument for another thread.

Trey is a libertarian, I think. Not a Tea Party libertarian, though, an actual one. Which means he doesn't really have a "side" he takes, so you never really know what to expect when it comes to his opinion on issues.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Niels0827
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:44 am

Brendle wrote:Trey Parker has no qualifications in science and has no idea what he's talking about. Therefore, he shouldn't be talking about it.


You want qualifications?

http://www.heartland.org/events/NewYork ... viewAd.pdf

A drastic change in temperature in the Earth occurs over billions of years during which the Sun gradually expands until it explodes and becomes a dwarf star.

Brendle...I'm not going to beat around a bush, and I don't care how people will think of me for saying this...

You are a fucking IDIOT.
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:04 am

Trey can say whatever the f*ck he wants on his show. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he doesn't know anything. Aren't there studies supporting both arguements about global warming? Both the arguement that it is real, and the arguement that it is a myth? Just because you don't agree with what he said doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to say it,and plenty of people who are not scientists give their opinions on scientific issues all the time.
Image
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Brendle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:55 am

VACOOLA wrote:Right. Therefore he shouldn't be talking about anything.

May I ask you about your scientific qualifications, by the way?

More qualified than Trey Parker...leave it at that.

VACOOLA wrote:Oh, never mind. Global warming is the greatest bunch of bullshit ever concocted, but if it irks you so much I'm looking forward to it.

Yay, global warming, thy kingdom come!

Nice way to avoid the censor.

How is it bullsh*t? Please tell me. Don't quote an episode of Myth Busters, either. :lol:

Yeah, glaciers melting everywhere and global temperatures rising each year is a coincidence, yo!!!

What makes you an idiot is you're debating whether global warming is actually happening. A legitimate question would be to ask whether global warming is man-made or not.

Some skeptics believe it's a natural process and temperatures rise and fall, cyclically. I wouldn't call them idiots. Of course, then you get the total idiots who deny the world is getting hotter ALTOGETHER.

A lot of people deny the moon landing. Legitimate skepticism. They don't deny the EXISTENCE of the moon.

Here's the truth about South Park. Either:

a) Trey Parker denies global warming to piss off liberals. Possible.

or

b) They actually don't think there is any evidence for global warming. In which case, they're just clueless.

South Park always talks about exploring the emotion behind each subject. In Manbearpig, they did more than explore the emotion, they actually dropped their political two cents and it was bizarre.

Any time Matt and Trey act like anything more than two comedy writers is awkward.

Edit:

Clyde: Ah, excuse me? My daddy is a geologist and he says there actually isn't any concrete evidence of global warming.

It's obvious this isn't Clyde, but Trey Parker talking. Trey's dad Randy is a geologist, and his father obviously told him there isn't any concrete evidence of global warming.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
VACOOLA
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby VACOOLA » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Brendle wrote:
VACOOLA wrote:Right. Therefore he shouldn't be talking about anything.

May I ask you about your scientific qualifications, by the way?

More qualified than Trey Parker...leave it at that.


No, I won't leave it at that. That won't do.

It all started with you claiming that, "Trey Parker has no qualifications in science and has no idea what he's talking about. Therefore, he shouldn't be talking about it." You are trying to silence people on the grounds that they are not qualified to voice their opinion on subjects you are qualified in. And yet you ask me to believe you are "more qualified than Trey Parker." Why should I? No, you have to prove your credibility, your "qualifications," and competence, otherwise it's your word against Trey's, your "biased opinion" against his "biased opinion" and guess whose side I'm going to take (hint: not yours; and not only because Trey is cool and stuff, although he is, but because Trey represents the skeptic side in this discussion).

Speaking of Trey (since it's a thread about his personal beliefs, not ours).
I assume you called me an idiot, right? It's ok, no big deal. I also assume you don't deny the close similarity between my views on global warming and Trey's. And what do we see here?
Brendle wrote:They actually don't think there is any evidence for global warming. In which case, they're just clueless.

How very nice. And politically correct! However, it's not about political correctness. You called Trey "clueless" for the very same reason you called me an idiot. Doesn't it sound a little odd? Awkward? The point I'm trying to make is that I have strong reasons to believe what you just said in that part of your post and in your previous posts was actually a PC way of calling Trey an idiot, too.
So here's my direct question to you:

Do you think Trey Parker is an idiot?
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18867
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Big-Will » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Considering his opinions on recent seasons of the show and now on Trey's expertise on global warming, I'd wager he'll say that Trey, who did no wrong when the show was still young, has become an idiot.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Zazaban
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 am

Re: Trey Parker's Personal Beliefs

Postby Zazaban » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Big-Will wrote:Considering his opinions on recent seasons of the show and now on Trey's expertise on global warming, I'd wager he'll say that Trey, who did no wrong when the show was still young, has become an idiot.

No, he doesn't like the show when it was young either, only seasons 10 and 11. So he started out as an idiot, briefly became smart, and now is an idiot again.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests