Who is the main character of South Park?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Panda_Baer

Re: Who is the main character of South Park?

Postby Panda_Baer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Oh, Stan definitely. Why else would he be the first character in the movie? And why was he the one who always changed into a Jack-O-Lantern in the older seasons.
CBZ1982

Postby CBZ1982 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Big-Will wrote:
stevesut1 wrote:Stan is the main kid, Randy is the main adult. The Marshes have always been the main family in the show. Cartman is just a popular character, not the main one. Sorry, Will. :wink:

Cartman Gets An Anal Probe
Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut
Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut
Cartman's Silly Hate Crime
Cartman Joins NAMBLA
Trapper Keeper
Fat Camp
Cartmanland
Fat Butt and Pancake Head
Cartman's Incredible Gift
The Death of Eric Cartman
The Coon
Fatbeard

Need I say more?

Now Butters, he's a popular character. :)

I agree Cartman is the main character.

Don't forget about the movie it is a lot about Cartman.

There are some episodes you forgot to mention:
Cat Orgy
Merry Christmas Charlie Mansion
Pee
Faith Hilling
Jewpacabra
The Poor Kid
1%
Crack Baby Athletic Association
The Last of the Meheecans
Poor & Stupid
Medicinal Fried Chicken
Scott Tennorman Must Die
Dances With Smurfs
Tonsil Trouble
Super Fun Time
Cartman Sucks
Le Petit Tourette
Tsst

I'm sure there are probably more episodes about Cartman I think these two lists point out who is the MAIN character in SP.
Donegati

Postby Donegati » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Well I'd say... Stan is the protagonist and Cartman is the antagonist. They're equaly important.
Signatures are gay.
trapshooter62

Postby trapshooter62 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Probably Stan or Cartman
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Donegati wrote:Well I'd say... Stan is the protagonist and Cartman is the antagonist. They're equaly important.

Completely agree.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:14 am

yamilynn wrote:
Donegati wrote:Well I'd say... Stan is the protagonist and Cartman is the antagonist. They're equaly important.

Completely agree.

Make that three :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 am

To me, Cartman is the FACE of South Park, but Stan is the HEART of South Park.

Cartman is definitely the character with the biggest role in SP. He's the resident antagonist whose wide array of bigoted and morally incorrect behavior repeatedly pushes the envelope for SP. His propensity to use any given situation for selfish gain is the main force that drives the plot forward in many episodes.

But while Stan is not as prominent as Cartman in terms of role, he's the invisible glue that holds SP together. The richness of his imperfect yet good-hearted nature allows SP to maintain a level of depth, sophistication, and morality amid all its crude humor. Without Stan being his normal self, the show somehow just does not function right. If it had been Cartman, Butters, or possibly even Kyle who fell into depression in 1507, it would have been more of a funny spectacle instead of the sad ordeal it was.

So who's the main character of South Park? It depends on if you watch the show mainly for the easy laughs or the deeper character development. My vote goes to Stan.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 am

JerWu17 wrote:To me, Cartman is the FACE of South Park, but Stan is the HEART of South Park.

Cartman is definitely the character with the biggest role in SP. He's the resident antagonist whose wide array of bigoted and morally incorrect behavior repeatedly pushes the envelope for SP. His propensity to use any given situation for selfish gain is the main force that drives the plot forward in many episodes.

But while Stan is not as prominent as Cartman in terms of role, he's the invisible glue that holds SP together. The richness of his imperfect yet good-hearted nature allows SP to maintain a level of depth, sophistication, and morality amid all its crude humor. Without Stan being his normal self, the show somehow just does not function right. If it had been Cartman, Butters, or possibly even Kyle who fell into depression in 1507, it would have been more of a funny spectacle instead of the sad ordeal it was.

So who's the main character of South Park? It depends on if you watch the show mainly for the easy laughs or the deeper character development. My vote goes to Stan.

Nicely said! You are very right. I don't think fans would have reacted the same way had the other boys gone through depression like Stan has. (again and again). Stan and Cartman both are the main ones but for different reasons.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
SP FanJ

Postby SP FanJ » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 am

I think it is Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and Stan's dad since I see them the most in my belief or have the most screentime.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”