iTunes / Comedy Central + South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Smirfx

iTunes / Comedy Central + South Park

Postby Smirfx » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:36 am

Why is South Park taken off the iTunes store and Comedy Central web site (Canada)? If this is going to last where can I download new episodes?
kieranic

Re: iTunes / Comedy Central + South Park

Postby kieranic » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:59 am

(I'm assuming you're talking about 200/201)
Nobody knows if Comedy Central will upload the episodes again (Apple has absolutely *no* control over that decision). If you REALLY want them, then just wait until the boxset is released. They may rerelease it onto iTunes then (and if not then you'll be able to get the boxset).
Smirfx

Postby Smirfx » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:30 pm

There are 0 south park episodes on iTunes and comedy central. Canada.
I have 200 and 201 since I pre-order the season and it gets downloaded auto via iTunes. Until now.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:58 am

That is very strange. I wonder if there's some sort of legal pissing match going on between The Comedy Network and Comedy Central or something. Half of TCN's site seems to be either down, or locked out to me. I couldn't even find a list of shows.
Smirfx

Postby Smirfx » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:59 am

Even worse, there is nothing we can do about it. These people think they are the "big brother" trying to control what information we can take in. Of corse if others disapprove of the content that must! mean I'm not allowed to view all that south park goodness. This is probably over controversy.

I hope selling episodes through the South Park web site will be consisted if Canada will be subjected as pussies.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 am

We tried that some seven, eight yaers ago. It didn't work out.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Smirfx

Postby Smirfx » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 am

...8 years ago it didn't work out. I don't see your web site generating any revenue. Some of iTunes traffic could be directed to the south park site if they stop selling it.

And it wouldn't hurt to have the creator go back to the Howard Stern show. Hint.
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 am

Smirfx wrote:...8 years ago it didn't work out. I don't see your web site generating any revenue. Some of iTunes traffic could be directed to the south park site if they stop selling it.

And it wouldn't hurt to have the creator go back to the Howard Stern show. Hint.

They earn revenue from the ads that not only show on the website and the full-length episodes, but they'll also get cash to run it from the ads that run when the Show is playing on TV and from Comedy Central.

Here in New Zealand, We don't have TV Shows in iTunes (Yet. We have music, movies, apps etc but just not TV shows) nor do we have access to a service that streams South Park episodes. PLUS we get the episodes "brand new" on TV 9-12 months AFTER they were made.

Obviously, I have seen the new episodes through other means but I saw most episodes by buying the DVD set (because not only did I want to see the episodes, I wanted to support Matt and Trey + Have my own personal collection).

What about Netflix? We don't have Netflix here either so I won't know anything about it but I'm guessing it would be in Canada and perhaps South Park is on there too.

But apart from that, I guess you'll just have to purchase the DVDs/Blu-rays.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”