Censored Episodes on Comedy Central

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShadowScipio

Censored Episodes on Comedy Central

Postby ShadowScipio » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Is it just my imagination, or are a bunch of episodes being censored on Comedy Central lately? For example, I saw Fat Camp a week or two back and all the scenes where Kenny is eating vomit/dog crap/etc, are there, but today, they've been cut and replaced with a black screen stating something to the effect of: "The scene of kenny eating dog poop has been cut for your protection"

I mean, it seems a little unnecessary.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Censored Episodes on Comedy Central

Postby Big-Will » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:23 am

If this is happening after 10 pm, then we have a problem. If it's happening before 10 pm, we don't care. What you're watching are the syndicated (broadcast, not cable) versions of the episodes.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 am

ShadowScipio wrote:Is it just my imagination, or are a bunch of episodes being censored on Comedy Central lately? For example, I saw Fat Camp a week or two back and all the scenes where Kenny is eating vomit/dog crap/etc, are there, but today, they've been cut and replaced with a black screen stating something to the effect of: "The scene of kenny eating dog poop has been cut for your protection"

I mean, it seems a little unnecessary.

Yeah, you can view them uncensored on the DVD (Blu-ray too if it's Season 12/13/(and possibly) 14) and (I'm pretty sure) the website too. I wouldn't know about the website because I'm from NZ and NZ doesn't have access to SPS's episodes (I don't care though since I have every. single. episode on my computer from my DVDs)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:28 am

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46768
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”