Another South Park movie?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Cartmenez14

Another South Park movie?

Postby Cartmenez14 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:48 am

Do you think that there should be another movie? I mean Asses on Fire was (and still is) good but there should at least be another one. They are coming up on 15 seasons. They should do what they did with AoF and tie it into upcoming seasons. Like when Garrison thought someone took Mr. Hat when really Satan took him back to hell with him in the movie. This is just a thought.

But if you think that there should be another movie, what should the topic be?
Brendle

Re: Another South Park movie?

Postby Brendle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:27 am

You are aware that the South Park movie was not called "Asses on Fire"? That's the name of the Terrence and Phillip movie IN the South Park movie.

And it's Asses OF Fire.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Cartmenez14

Postby Cartmenez14 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:34 am

Brendle wrote:You are aware that the South Park movie was not called "Asses on Fire"? That's the name of the Terrence and Phillip movie IN the South Park movie.

And it's Asses OF Fire.

Ok. Bigger, Longer and Uncut. But that's not the point of the post.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 am

Already confirmed to be happening, but only when the series ends. So it's a bittersweet victory.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Cartmenez14

Postby Cartmenez14 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:44 am

Dang. As much as don't want to see the series end, it's been going on for a long while. It's had a good run. Do you know where this confirmation came from and is it legitiment?
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:47 am

Trey said it many years ago, and has been oft-repeated. Not sure what the original source is, however. I'm fairly certain it's reliable because even Big_Will has said it.
skurtz wrote:

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:25 am

Well, Trey would like to end the show with a movie, but it's too early to plan for that - the show is their life still.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Cartmenez14

Postby Cartmenez14 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:32 am

That is true. I just don't really want to see South Park end up like the Simpsons where the ideas got repetitive and too many seasons and episodes to keep up with. I mean 15 seasons is tough enough but seriously! But if you do make a movie, just remember to put it on Itunes. I'll pay good money for it!!!!!!
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Cartmenez14 wrote:Dang. As much as don't want to see the series end, it's been going on for a long while. It's had a good run. Do you know where this confirmation came from and is it legitiment?

I'd much rather have more seasons than a movie :)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:04 am

Well I think it's great. When the time comes for the show to go out, I'd much rather see it go out with a big 2 hour long bang than with a 30 minute popcorn fart.
Cartmenez14

Postby Cartmenez14 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Yea what they should do is at the end of the season have something really big happen. I mean like something that could change the very fabric of South Park! But at the end of the episode, they should cut it off and say "The rest of this episode will be shown at a later time. We don't know when that is so BE PATIENT! From there, you surprizingly show the trailer for the new movie right after. That movie will be the continuation of the last epsode and the series finale. But that's just my idea. What do you think?
John_117

Postby John_117 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:50 am

Zazaban wrote:Already confirmed to be happening, but only when the series ends. So it's a bittersweet victory.

Probably when they are in fifth grade, that's my guess.
mistamatrix

Postby mistamatrix » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:31 pm

I watched the original movie the other day and it's still as fresh as the first ten times I watched it!

Absolute classic and always has me giggling like a loonatic. Viva La Resistance!

Yes another movie should happen but it needs to be epic!
LakemanS

Postby LakemanS » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:27 pm

If they make another movie they have to make sure they don't do what the Simpsons did, and make it seem like just a long episode. If South Park goes out with a movie it should be one; Trey & Matt can do this, and I imagine it will probably feature songs, which is no bad thing.

That said I would watch a new one whatever the subject/theme is; it'll probably be something crazy and controversial, the proper way to go out with a bang. :unhoodedkenny:
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:31 am

Have one of the characters snap and going on a killing spree, eliminating quite a few other major characters in the process. Somehow seems like the most appropriate way to go out.
skurtz wrote:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”