worst episode ever! vote

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

JerWu17

Re: The Worst South Park episodes

Postby JerWu17 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:47 am

I love South Park more for the characters (I absolutely love Stan, Kyle, & Wendy. I really relate to their personalities) than for the episode plots. I can be picky when judging whether a plot is good or not, so I have a significant number of episodes that I don't like. Here are IMO the worst offenders:

A Million Little Fibers: The Oprah minge/a-hole story angle is just too bizarre and lame for me

W.T.F.: I agree that the WWE is fixed, but seeing the boys acting as over-dramatized wrestling characters just rubs me the wrong way

Britney's New Look: The plot is weak and dragged out (Kyle looked oddly good with a blonde wig and sunglasses though :shock: )

Free Hat/China Probrem: IMO Matt & Trey tried too hard to express their hatred toward Spielberg/Lucas and ruined the plots of these episodes

More Crap: It takes 20 minutes just to make the point that Bono's a piece of crap?

Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina/D-Yikes/Eek! A Penis: Mr. Garrison was over-obnoxious to the point of annoyance during his sex change saga

Mystery of the Urinal Deuce/Douche & Turd: I can't stand seeing Stan or Kyle serving antagonist roles

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I love it when people think their opinions are fact and all others are just moronic or stupid. They just don't "get satire" or some crap. Give me a break.

Speaking of a break, it's called an enter button. It breaks up sentences so they flow better and it isn't migraine inducing to read.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

The real question I think is "Least Favorite", not "Worst", because you can't factually validate these sorts of things and anyone who thinks you can do so is not above average intelligence.

One thing people need to keep in mind is satire is virtually lost if someone doesn't know what's being made fun of. When I first saw "More Crap" I had no idea who the hell Bono was. The joke is lost.

There are three episodes I disliek, but I'm going to say that I plan on rewatching them all sometime, because nine times out of ten even if I hate the episode a first time, the second viewing will make me love it.

"Cartman's Incredible Gift" (#813): Very patchy. There's some great gags, but there is some really stupid stuff as well. M&T are clearly burnt out, and admit it in the commentary. The entire montage dragged, and I think it would have been better to make an existing character the killer, if a minor, then to just introduce some random new guy. No mystery at all. I guess that was part of the point though? (Also hated Ms. Crabtree's death.)

"Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" (#901): Although there were some absolutely hilarious bits, the episode itself was stupid. Garrison really should've just stayed went back to being male at the end. Kyle's dream of being a tall black man has NO basis in the series at all and is one of the most OOC moments to have taken place.

"More Crap" (#1109): There's so much wrong with this episode. First off, I am a male and I do not take my sh*t so seriously. Randy really needs to stop becoming a main character. I understand it was part of the point in making fun of Bono but still. If anyone should be taking giant sh*ts, it should be Cartman honestly.

Again, all these episodes once I see again, I'll probably love 'em and take all this back, ala "Margaritaville" which is now among my upper level episodes. I'd just put the above at like 2/5, which from me is still a pretty good rating.

I will say the non-SP boys episodes ("Not Without My Anus", "Pip", "A Million Little Fibers", etc.) are all rather underrated, and I think people attack them more so for the difference in format, which is something I welcome in the series.
Joehung

Postby Joehung » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:53 am

Wow I had such a hard time narrowing down to my favorite fifteen I really have no idea what my least favorite are. Sure I like some more than others. Usually when I see an episode a second time I find more that's funny in it than I saw before.
Too bad for you guys.
AlmightyTurnip

Postby AlmightyTurnip » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:49 am

I'd have to say Stanley's Cup. It was just...I don't know, too serious. And I wasn't expecting so much hate for A Million Little Fibers, I didn't think that one was so bad. :?
Beefy Pistachio

Postby Beefy Pistachio » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:00 am

I found sexual healing to be a particularly bad episode. I felt as though they were trying to point out what was supposed to be funny and trying to explain the jokes and references a little too much. It had the same effect as if you have to explain a joke to someone else, it just makes it a whole lot less funny. I particularly find the newer episodes to have hintings of this and hope that in the next season they bring back more of the bashing of the popular references while still not trying to explain it too much.
TheSouthParkGuyy

Postby TheSouthParkGuyy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:11 am

For me it's "Cripple Camp" I didn't laugh once, but I love every other eps...
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:54 am

Hands down I don't like Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina. I just...no, I have nothing positive to say about it. Not garrison becoming a woman, Gerald becoming a dolphin, or Kyle becoming black. The other episode I really don't like is Raisins. I think it was just played too seriously. And come on Stan. You're gf broke up with you and you became Goth but you didn't when you're parents divorced? Makes no sense.
Can't we all just get along?
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:18 am

JVM wrote:"Cartman's Incredible Gift" (#813): Very patchy. There's some great gags, but there is some really stupid stuff as well. M&T are clearly burnt out, and admit it in the commentary. The entire montage dragged, and I think it would have been better to make an existing character the killer, if a minor, then to just introduce some random new guy. No mystery at all. I guess that was part of the point though? (Also hated Ms. Crabtree's death.)

"Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" (#901): Although there were some absolutely hilarious bits, the episode itself was stupid. Garrison really should've just stayed went back to being male at the end. Kyle's dream of being a tall black man has NO basis in the series at all and is one of the most OOC moments to have taken place.

"More Crap" (#1109): There's so much wrong with this episode. First off, I am a male and I do not take my sh*t so seriously. Randy really needs to stop becoming a main character. I understand it was part of the point in making fun of Bono but still. If anyone should be taking giant sh*ts, it should be Cartman honestly.

The first two choices were justifiable (those episodes sucked), but "More Crap"? More Crap was hilarious.

The way they, with their tongue planted firmly in their cheek, mocked the fact that their show was awarded an Emmy. Kind of like saying "so THIS show, which is just about people crapping long turds, was given an EMMY?! Um. Okay."

They followed that up, of course, with "Le Petit Tourette," another episode where they express their incredulity at being awarded an Emmy: Cartman, who may as well be Trey/Matt, gloats "I'm going to make fun of the Jews. I can say whatever I want and nobody will care. I'll even win an Emmy."

It was that kind of self-reflexive humor that I really liked.

Not to mention the absolutely hilarious scene where Randy has an ultra-sound scan and he stares lovingly (much like a mother would stare at her child) at his turd.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Tehfurryweasel

Postby Tehfurryweasel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:21 pm

I think Make Love Not Warcraft was by far the worst episode. It was just embarrassing to watch.
WyomingCowboy21

Postby WyomingCowboy21 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Cartman's Incredible gift is utterly epic Imo, and it upsets me to know that there are actually people who think it sucks. its an absolutely perfect take on the stupid cop shows that are so prevalent in our tv pop culture today like law and order, the 5 different CSI"S and NCIS"S not to mention the new ones that come every week like hawii 5-o, chicago code..............
Some people think SP tries to get viewers with their "shock value" the real culprits are these stupid shows who try to play off recent news stories yet take it to a whole other level which would never happen in real life. in their world there is a double rape/suicide/murder happening every day and thats the reason why M/T made this ep.

same thing with More crap, M/T knew of bono's "humanitarian efforts" where he claimed to be helping the needy african children when he was really just in africa promoting himself and not doing sh*t, because he's a piece of sh*t.
melaniesgone

Postby melaniesgone » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:01 pm

About last night or stanleys cup. or the clip show episode from season 2. I hate clip shows.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Interesting... my pick was ManBearPig. It's one thing to act like Al Gore was in it for the attention, but to make it look like global warming was fake is a step too far for me.

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:14 am

I've seen a couple mentions of some of my favorite episodes here. I can't understand the dislike for 'Do the Handicapped go to Hell' myself, but oh well.
Lot of dislikes due to what's being ripped on too, I notice. They rip on everyone and everything; that doesn't stop it being funny and even brilliant.

My least favorite... It's hard to say, they all have some redeeming characteristic. I've facepalmed on several episodes, but they still had moments I loved... Let's see.
I remember being rather lukewarm on 'Conjoined Fetus lady' and not re-watching it. Ditto 'Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods' and 'How to Eat With Your Butt.' I actually don't remember much about any of those, so clearly they didn't have a lot of impact. Not that I hate them, just don't care. Maybe I should go through and watch every episode again.
ClassyTie

Postby ClassyTie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 am

The Silver Banana wrote:Interesting... my pick was ManBearPig. It's one thing to act like Al Gore was in it for the attention, but to make it look like global warming was fake is a step too far for me.

I don't think making it look like global warming isn't real was the point of the show.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”