worst episode ever! vote

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

NeuroHeart

Re: worst episode ever! vote

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:22 pm

erfgn wrote:The part with Cartman bonding with Cthulu seemed drawn out.

Well, that might be because it was hilarious. I giggle at it every time, because it's crazy awesome.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
J1a8son

Postby J1a8son » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:42 pm

I didn't really care for the Pandemic two-parter.
slobeachboy1

Postby slobeachboy1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:02 pm

Well as a South Park viewer obviously nothing offends me but if by “worst” episode you mean least funny then I would have to say it was the Tom Cruise/Scientology episode. Of course when I first heard that Isaac Hayes was leaving because they were doing an episode on Scientology I thought he was being a big baby. After all they have poked fun at just about every other religion on the planet and he never had a problem with it before. Also, I’ve always believed that we should be able to make fun of anything and I’ve heard plenty of very funny Scientology jokes in my time. Then I saw the actual episode in question though and I knew exactly why he left. Rather then being satirical it was simply a propaganda piece. Satire is taking certain truths about certain things and wildly exaggerating them in order to show us how silly we are being and therefore, hopefully bring about positive social change. And usually these portrayals are so over the top that we know not to take them literally. In the scientology piece however all they did was spew out every false rumor about it that has ever been written, and then in huge letters across the screen they wrote, “this is what scientologist actually believe”. That simple statement took it out of the realm of satire and showed it to be merely a smear campaign or a very personal vendetta. For example, I’m sure you all remember the episode in which the catholic priest travels to the Vatican and finds out that they are actually worshiping a giant green spider. This was a very funny episode. But now imagine that they wrote across the screen in huge letters, “this is what Catholics actually believe”. Suddenly it would have gone from being funny satire to being deeply disturbing, and you would think that the writers had lost their minds. Well that’s exactly what happened in the scientology episode. The funny thing about it is that Scientology is not a belief system so they don’t “believe” anything, they simply know certain things based on a preponderance of scientific evidence. In fact its not really even a religion if you want to get right down to it, its pure science and is in the same realm as chemistry or physics. But that’s neither here nor there because my real problem is not that they made fun of Scientology. My problem is that they varied from their usual formulae and the result was an episode that was neither satirical nor particularly funny. I mean they spent half of the show portraying two famous straight actors as being gay. They could have done actual parodies of these actors in a million very funny ways but instead they just took a single completely baseless tabloid rumor and beat us over the head with it for 30 minutes. As I said before satire is exaggerating truths not simply repeating false rumors in a humorous way. For a while after this episode I actually stopped watching the show because I thought the creators had finally lost their touch. Eventually I started watching again though and found that in fact they are still going strong which is good news because this is one of my favorite shows. I think in many ways the creators of South Park are geniuses but they just really missed the mark with this one and it shows. Of course some people actually listed this episode as one of their favorites while others said that absolutely brilliant episodes like “Douche and Turd” were their least favorite. This makes me wonder how many people really understand the show or can truly appreciate great satire. Are most of the viewers at the level of fart humor and only laughing at the juvenile aspects of the show and missing the whole point? I wonder. Anyway I guess we can’t expect all the episodes to be gold. Still it’s sad that they lost Chef because of this one.
kalbahamut

Postby kalbahamut » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:27 pm

slobeachboy1 wrote:Well as a South Park viewer obviously nothing offends me but if by “worst” episode you mean least funny then I would have to say it was the Tom Cruise/Scientology episode. Of course when I first heard that Isaac Hayes was leaving because they were doing an episode on Scientology I thought he was being a big baby. After all they have poked fun at just about every other religion on the planet and he never had a problem with it before. Also, I’ve always believed that we should be able to make fun of anything and I’ve heard plenty of very funny Scientology jokes in my time. Then I saw the actual episode in question though and I knew exactly why he left. Rather then being satirical it was simply a propaganda piece. Satire is taking certain truths about certain things and wildly exaggerating them in order to show us how silly we are being and therefore, hopefully bring about positive social change. And usually these portrayals are so over the top that we know not to take them literally. In the scientology piece however all they did was spew out every false rumor about it that has ever been written, and then in huge letters across the screen they wrote, “this is what scientologist actually believe”. That simple statement took it out of the realm of satire and showed it to be merely a smear campaign or a very personal vendetta. For example, I’m sure you all remember the episode in which the catholic priest travels to the Vatican and finds out that they are actually worshiping a giant green spider. This was a very funny episode. But now imagine that they wrote across the screen in huge letters, “this is what Catholics actually believe”. Suddenly it would have gone from being funny satire to being deeply disturbing, and you would think that the writers had lost their minds. Well that’s exactly what happened in the scientology episode. The funny thing about it is that Scientology is not a belief system so they don’t “believe” anything, they simply know certain things based on a preponderance of scientific evidence. In fact its not really even a religion if you want to get right down to it, its pure science and is in the same realm as chemistry or physics. But that’s neither here nor there because my real problem is not that they made fun of Scientology. My problem is that they varied from their usual formulae and the result was an episode that was neither satirical nor particularly funny. I mean they spent half of the show portraying two famous straight actors as being gay. They could have done actual parodies of these actors in a million very funny ways but instead they just took a single completely baseless tabloid rumor and beat us over the head with it for 30 minutes. As I said before satire is exaggerating truths not simply repeating false rumors in a humorous way. For a while after this episode I actually stopped watching the show because I thought the creators had finally lost their touch. Eventually I started watching again though and found that in fact they are still going strong which is good news because this is one of my favorite shows. I think in many ways the creators of South Park are geniuses but they just really missed the mark with this one and it shows. Of course some people actually listed this episode as one of their favorites while others said that absolutely brilliant episodes like “Douche and Turd” were their least favorite. This makes me wonder how many people really understand the show or can truly appreciate great satire. Are most of the viewers at the level of fart humor and only laughing at the juvenile aspects of the show and missing the whole point? I wonder. Anyway I guess we can’t expect all the episodes to be gold. Still it’s sad that they lost Chef because of this one.

They obviously scrambled your brains, too. Both Trapped in the Closet and The Return of Chef were among the funniest episodes they've ever done. They were harder on Scientology than they've ever been on Mormonism or Catholocism or Islam... and maybe that's not fair... but it was still really f'ing funny.
TotallyBloody

Postby TotallyBloody » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:49 pm

I am such a hardcore fan, here is a place in my heart for every episode of South Park. Except one.

Pip.

It's the only episode of South Park I haven't seen a hundred times. In fact, I haven't even seen it once because every time I sit down to watch it I either fall asleep or have to turn it off due to sheer irritation.
whatwouldwedo W/o SP

Postby whatwouldwedo W/o SP » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:43 pm

how do people not like scrottieMcboogerballs?
I know it in my top 15. maybey it is juvinille but the character are nine year olds.

and the irony is halarious.
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Legato2476

Re: The Worst South Park episodes

Postby Legato2476 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:26 am

I think the worst was medicinal fried chicken. :evil:
Pseudo-dino

Postby Pseudo-dino » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm

The worst was Stanley's Cup. That episode was evil. :(
South Park is awesome!
Favorite episode: Asspen
Favorite character: Butters
SheepDog12

Postby SheepDog12 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:58 pm

The worst IS "Pip" I never seen a episode as this.This episode is very poor and very stupid so i've seen all episodes 50 times excepted "Pip".Probably juste 3 times.
f*ck you whales and f*ck you dolphins
b6816210

Postby b6816210 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:53 am

slobeachboy1 wrote:The funny thing about it is that Scientology is not a belief system so they don’t “believe” anything, they simply know certain things based on a preponderance of scientific evidence. In fact its not really even a religion if you want to get right down to it, its pure science and is in the same realm as chemistry or physics.

lets take a moment and just really take that in

slobeachboy1 wrote:The funny thing about it is that Scientology is not a belief system so they don’t “believe” anything, they simply know certain things based on a preponderance of scientific evidence. In fact its not really even a religion if you want to get right down to it, its pure science and is in the same realm as chemistry or physics.

now one more time, but just the last sentence

slobeachboy1 wrote:In fact its not really even a religion if you want to get right down to it, its pure science and is in the same realm as chemistry or physics.

Are you f*cking high?
Think, then post.
shockey324

i hated

Postby shockey324 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:26 pm

the episode i hated the most was pip its not even worth watching its hardly even south park it is the stupidest episode ever i mean i like pip, but not a whole goddam episode about him.
shockey324

Postby shockey324 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:35 pm

slobeachboy1 wrote:Well as a South Park viewer obviously nothing offends me but if by “worst” episode you mean least funny then I would have to say it was the Tom Cruise/Scientology episode. Of course when I first heard that Isaac Hayes was leaving because they were doing an episode on Scientology I thought he was being a big baby. After all they have poked fun at just about every other religion on the planet and he never had a problem with it before. Also, I’ve always believed that we should be able to make fun of anything and I’ve heard plenty of very funny Scientology jokes in my time. Then I saw the actual episode in question though and I knew exactly why he left. Rather then being satirical it was simply a propaganda piece. Satire is taking certain truths about certain things and wildly exaggerating them in order to show us how silly we are being and therefore, hopefully bring about positive social change. And usually these portrayals are so over the top that we know not to take them literally. In the scientology piece however all they did was spew out every false rumor about it that has ever been written, and then in huge letters across the screen they wrote, “this is what scientologist actually believe”. That simple statement took it out of the realm of satire and showed it to be merely a smear campaign or a very personal vendetta. For example, I’m sure you all remember the episode in which the catholic priest travels to the Vatican and finds out that they are actually worshiping a giant green spider. This was a very funny episode. But now imagine that they wrote across the screen in huge letters, “this is what Catholics actually believe”. Suddenly it would have gone from being funny satire to being deeply disturbing, and you would think that the writers had lost their minds. Well that’s exactly what happened in the scientology episode. The funny thing about it is that Scientology is not a belief system so they don’t “believe” anything, they simply know certain things based on a preponderance of scientific evidence. In fact its not really even a religion if you want to get right down to it, its pure science and is in the same realm as chemistry or physics. But that’s neither here nor there because my real problem is not that they made fun of Scientology. My problem is that they varied from their usual formulae and the result was an episode that was neither satirical nor particularly funny. I mean they spent half of the show portraying two famous straight actors as being gay. They could have done actual parodies of these actors in a million very funny ways but instead they just took a single completely baseless tabloid rumor and beat us over the head with it for 30 minutes. As I said before satire is exaggerating truths not simply repeating false rumors in a humorous way. For a while after this episode I actually stopped watching the show because I thought the creators had finally lost their touch. Eventually I started watching again though and found that in fact they are still going strong which is good news because this is one of my favorite shows. I think in many ways the creators of South Park are geniuses but they just really missed the mark with this one and it shows. Of course some people actually listed this episode as one of their favorites while others said that absolutely brilliant episodes like “Douche and Turd” were their least favorite. This makes me wonder how many people really understand the show or can truly appreciate great satire. Are most of the viewers at the level of fart humor and only laughing at the juvenile aspects of the show and missing the whole point? I wonder. Anyway I guess we can’t expect all the episodes to be gold. Still it’s sad that they lost Chef because of this one.

dude u dont need to hate this much on a episode because u didnt get the jokes in it, trapped in the closet and return of chef are one the best south park episodes ever made.
and by the way return of chef was made to make a piont about what scientololgy did to isaac hayes thats why at the end the boys were saying the fruity little club messed up chef.
this long of a text wall is not worth a stupid argument against 2 of the best south park episodes. :x :x :x :x
Frau_Bippz

Re: i hated

Postby Frau_Bippz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

shockey324 wrote:the episode i hated the most was pip its not even worth watching its hardly even south park it is the stupidest episode ever i mean i like pip, but not a whole goddam episode about him.

I don't see the point of that character at all. But I guess it's because I'm European. I know there are some US stereotypes considering Europeans but that doesn't 'live' here as much as well as many other aspects like political hysteria, high school drama-esque things and sports like baseball. Why I do think South Park is funny isn't the criticism on society issues, but simply the way it's being done. Like Cartman singing Poker Face, or the Major Boobage, or Cartman craving for a Nintendo WII. Or the attempt to appeal youngsters in Butt Out!
Jakeenzo

Postby Jakeenzo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Definalty "Royal Pudding". I just found it pointless and tbh a waste of an episode. Still the rest of season 15 has been really good so far :D
phreshboyINDIANA

Postby phreshboyINDIANA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:47 am

although i love south park i completely HATED FunnyBot. There...I said it
phuRR3sHx b0yZx fRuMMx INd1a7Vax

Return to “General South Park Discussion”