worst episode ever! vote

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

myurkus

Re: The Worst South Park episodes

Postby myurkus » Wed May 04, 2011 6:55 am

I am going to hold-off on saying "HUMANCENTiPAD" because for years I've noticed that often episodes that seem bad at first get better with age. Especially ones like that with an arguably weak story-line but with many little touches that are quite good. (For instance, I love how they give him the choice of *cuttlefish* and broccoli to eat, or the father repeatedly kissing his son.) Jokes like that seem more endearing when one already knows the main plot; furthermore, some of the jokes could have been outright missed! For instance, I was initially quite put-off by the beating of the dead joke of the "Aides" word-play in "Jared Has Aides." However, I have since appreciated the nice touches such as the obvious allegory of the main literally beating a dead-horse. Furthermore, I LOVE the Jared "theme-song." And who could not love Butters being made to be fat...

Thus the worst episodes IMHO have to have *both* a weak story-line and a lack of side-jokes. In general, many episodes from about seasons 11 and 12 fall into that category - it seemed like they were stretching to fill the time instead of over-brewing with too many ideas to fill in an episode.

Anyway, my least favorite episodes include:

1) Lice Capades - Not only was the story unimpressive, but I also hated the bland characters.

2) Wing - I know Trey and Matt find the real-life singer hilarious, but I do not see the humor at all. And to stretch that into an entire episode was simply exasperating.

3) "Hell on Earth 2006." I forgot to mention that I sometimes dislike episodes that are a feature-length parody of some other movie/TV show. It is fine if it is still funny without knowing the reference (such as "The Wacky Molestation Adventure", "Tsst", "Britney's New Look" or "Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" [IMHO one of the best episodes of the series]) but if not, it exclusively entertains those who have seen the referenced show. Moreover, it "dates" the show for everyone. For instance, in 20 years will anyone be amused at a parody of "My Super Sweet 16"?

3) "Elementary School Musical." - For the same reasons as my number 3 pick, this one might be even worse! Other nominations for flawed episodes like this include "D-Yikes" [300], "Whale Whores" [Whale Wars], and The Snuke [24].

3) "About Last Night..." One of the most awesome facets of South Park is when they write episodes on VERY recent news (to the point where it is almost unbelievable that they could make such a deadline.) However, again this needs to stand-up on its own years later, not only because the "news" might be less significant than first announced, but also because only the most astute re-run viewers will even remember that the episode premiered that early. However, I still love the concept (when done well) and hope they continue it. In fact, some of my favorite episodes concern last-minute news. An example is "It's Christmas in Canada" (I still cannot figure out an alternative story-line/ending without Hussein being caught in the spider-hole...was the entire episode written on-the-spot?) However, the ones that fail include episodes such as"About Last Night..."
MrDoodlebuddy

Postby MrDoodlebuddy » Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

HUMANCENTiPAD wasn't that great. I waited so long for the season premier, and I was very disappointed. Tonight's should be much better though (I hope).
hellomynameiskenny

Postby hellomynameiskenny » Fri May 06, 2011 1:47 am

My least favorite episode is Breast Cancer Show Ever.
Whoo-Hoo!

I am a cop and you will respect my authoritah!

F*ck you whale! And f*ck you dolphin!

If I could say shitballs to the principal, I would be soooo happy.
BoLoRo

Postby BoLoRo » Fri May 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Humancentipad. Obviously it wasn't funniest ep ever. Also Eric's voice seems so strange and different.... :?:
MaddogRonH

Postby MaddogRonH » Fri May 06, 2011 7:15 pm

I'd have to say FunnyBot is the lowest on my list.
I'm A Grumppy Ass Leave me alone !!!
butters86

Postby butters86 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:12 pm

I'd go with "Funnybot" I laughed when token kept giving tyler perry his money, but that was about it.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Humancentipad is officially my least favorite episode ever. I didn't laugh and it didn't have anything in it I found thought-provoking.
There have been episodes that didn't make me laugh, but I at least liked the premise or something. There were some things in Humancentipad that might have been funny if I wasn't so bummed out on the main premise that they just drove into the ground, but they were not funny enough to keep me from being totally bummed out the whole time. If it had been waaaay lighter on the human centipede thing and spent its time primarily on the geniuses, and then some on Cartman, and maybe a minute on sh*t jokes and five seconds on actual sh*t, I might have found it watchable, but as is I just... I actually hate it. I hate it, and I won't watch it again. I probably wouldn't have even watched it all the way through the first time if I hadn't wanted to be able to pass the quiz for it.
Last edited by NeuroHeart on Wed May 11, 2011 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
ChocoEClaire

Postby ChocoEClaire » Tue May 10, 2011 11:42 pm

dr_stalker wrote:My 10 least favorite episodes:

Poor and Stupid, HumancentiPad, A Million Little Fibers, Eat Pray Queef, the Mrs. Garrison episode, D-Yikes, Pee, Sexual Healing, Butters' Bottom Bitch, and Britney's New Look.

^This. Plus HumanCenitPad and FunnyBot.
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
colper

Postby colper » Wed May 11, 2011 2:36 am

did any one else hate the fact that we never got a "darth chef?"
at the end of "Return of Chef" they show chef in a darth vader outfit but then nothing else was done. That's the only reason i hated that episode.
Come on wouldnt a episode making fun of Star Wars be awesome? i want Darth Chef!
cmbeattie

Postby cmbeattie » Wed May 11, 2011 5:22 am

First, I want to say Humancentipad wasn't that great. But, wasn't terrible either.
Least Liked
1. Mr. Garrisons Fancy New Vagina (Although, it rightfully states these types of surgeries do not change who you are, it was just not very funny)
2. Mot without my Anus (Honestly, I only like a few of the Canadian oriented episodes).
3.City on the Edge of Forever (I don't like episodes on any series focused on Flashbacks)
4. Pip (I didn't think they were going to kill him in Ep 202. However, this episode wasn't good)
5. Britney's New Look (It did poke fun at the media's obsession with her behavior, but the overall episode was bad)
samrocker34

"Royal Pudding" one of the top 10 WORST episodes of all time

Postby samrocker34 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:54 am

Let the Debate begin, but here is my honest opinion of the top 10 WORST episodes ever crapped out by Trey Parker and Matt Stone. They are geniuses, but even they lay eggs. here's my top 10, let's hear yours!

I can't find a season that has started off worse. I dare you to try a 3 episode start that was worse than the 1st three episodes of season 15. Huge let down.

Feel Free to critique, here's my list. Canada episode make the list 2x

10. The tale of Scrotie McBoogerBalls
9. Butter's Very Own Episode
8. Dances With Smurfs
7. About Last Night
6. Free Willzyx
5. How to eat with your Butt
4. Stanley's Cup
3. PIP
2. Eat, Pray, Queef
1. Royal Pudding

Why is Royal Pudding #1? Unfunny, nonsensical, not satirical, not relevant. I know it's difficult to try and even find 10 bad episodes, as I love South park, but you can do it.
Last edited by samrocker34 on Thu May 12, 2011 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
NCC141

Re: "Royal Pudding" one of the top 10 WORST episodes of all

Postby NCC141 » Thu May 12, 2011 3:12 am

Butters very own episode it in the top 5 for all time and Stanleys Cup is top 15.

Mackey made tonights episode not that bad, not good, but far from the all time worst. not even top 10 in terms of bad.
Ex1lepr0

Re: worst episode ever! vote

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:21 am

My least favorite is officially Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina, because it completely ruined his character, but I also don't like episodes with too much drama, like EMS and Raisins. 8)
Can't we all just get along?
airmancoop44

Re: "Royal Pudding" one of the top 10 WORST episodes of all

Postby airmancoop44 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:25 am

samrocker34 wrote:Why is Royal Pudding #1? Unfunny, nonsensical, not satirical, not relevant. I know it's difficult to try and even find 10 bad episodes, as I love South park, but you can do it.

It was absolutely satirical and relevent, I'll assume you didn't get up at 4am to watch the Royal Wedding. And South Park usually doesn't make much sense, so if you think the ep is unfunny then ok.

As for the worst start to a season, it very well might be. Season 9 gives 15 a run for its money. Personally, I loved Die Hippie, Die, and didn't mind Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina or Wing (but I know a lot people disliked them).

Maybe season 12 for some people: Tonsil Trouble, Britney's New Look, Major Boobage.
NeuroHeart

Re: worst episode ever! vote

Postby NeuroHeart » Fri May 13, 2011 2:00 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:My least favorite is officially Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina, because it completely ruined his character.

Hm, I never saw it as ruining his character. His character was always kind of a freak, kind of confused, and kind of impulsive, so I thought it fit just fine. What bugged me about that episode was how unrealistic the core premise was. I've known gender dysphorics, and you can't just up and get a sex change, there's a lot of prep, counciling, and hormone therapy involved in the process. It can take years between the initial decision and the operation.
But if I was going to hate an episode because it wasn't realistic, there aren't many South Park episodes I would like. I didn't even harp on the unrealistic elements in my own least favorite ep, because I know that would be silly. In terms of characters and writing and humor and message, Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina isn't the top of my list for quality, but I didn't think it sucked, either. As M&T say, though, there are those episodes where people are either on the train or they aren't, and if they aren't they are super bummed out and hate it the whole time. They were talking about Britney's New Look when they said that, I believe, and I see that one come up a lot here. I liked it, myself. I think they maybe could have used a better device than the top of her head being gone, but overall it worked for me. The whole thing about human sacrifice of a pampered girl, that weird need to see it, and especially the tie-in with The Lottery, I found it thought-provoking.
I see Butter's Very Own Episode come up a lot here, too. I wish someone would explain why, because I love that episode. I'll randomly find myself humming the little song or singing, "Butters! That's me!" I think it's so cute. Really I'm a fan of Butters in general. Poor little guy can't catch a break, but he always seems to have a good attitude about it. Even when he's all pissed off he tends to be all sweet about it. It's pretty amusing.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”