Has south park lost it?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

daveexperiment

Has south park lost it?

Postby daveexperiment » Sun May 15, 2011 6:23 am

Before you hit the back button for all you are worth....

Has South Park lost it?

I have been an avid fan ever since the start... I hold an obscene amount of memorabilia.

I am sad. The new series seems rushed and void of good jokes.

I'm almost considering not defending South Park against Family Guy any longer (although I may just do it because family guy is wank)

Please Matt And Trey... if you have good stuff left, just let South Park go and move on to something else!

From a grieving fan.

Please don't let me down..,

Dave Thomas, UK
ZimZam

Re: Has south park lost it?

Postby ZimZam » Sun May 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah- Its pretty sad.

This reminds me of when the Simpsons got new writers a decade or so ago... all the plots are rushed and all the characters are becoming charicatures of themselves, like they're played out or something.

I'd rather see them hang it up than continue on with plotlines about Tooth Decay and Comedy Award shows that apparently offended them, but no one watched in the first place.
Ipads and the Royal wedding were easy pickin's too- everybody has done a bit about that crap. Waaayyyy sub-par for South Park
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun May 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Congratulations, you are the one millionth person to make this post.

EDIT: Okay, I'm being rude. Many people feel the same way. Personally, sure, it isn't as good as it once was, but what is, and I still enjoy it immensely every week, unlike, say, The Simpsons, which is a sad spectacle.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun May 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Zazaban wrote:Congratulations, you are the one millionth person to make this post.

I was soooo close to doing that same thing myself. I just figured if I left it alone it'd be merged or forgotten.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:56 pm

daveexperiment wrote:Before you hit the back button for all you are worth....

Has South Park lost it?

No.
CCCPkiller

Postby CCCPkiller » Sun May 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Im pretty sure people have felt this way about other seasons before, but i kind of agree with you. Even though those seasons got better through time, this one isn't looking well for now. The only good episode for now was royal pudding, but it still was very mediocre for a south park episode. Even with this, I'm sure we'll have at least one memorable episode.
Kenny McCormick is 10x better than you, and me.
God D**n MONGORIANS!
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:31 am

I'm getting sick of these topics. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this season is that great, but it's 3 f*cking episodes. There's 4 more left, let's not jump the gun and call South Park over already. sh*t.
samantha22

Postby samantha22 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:27 pm

I don't think south park has lost it at all i have laughed at every single episode in my opinion they still have it yes it has changed but I think it just keeps getting better they haven't let me down yet :D
Annabis

The Direction Of South Park

Postby Annabis » Wed May 18, 2011 8:07 am

Any thoughts on where South Park is headed next? As far as characters go Cartman's mom seems to have become a pretty huge bitch, almost as bad as Kyle's mom.

Also there's all these new special effects being used like with the tooth decay monster and the epic (but not rlly that funny) coon 3 parter.

Personally I think the show is going downhill. Last season had about 3 or 4 good episodes and so far this season they are really struggling. The humancentipad was funny for about 20 minutes then it hit a commercial break and sucked, funnybot - meh and royal pudding was cool up until the tooth decay monster showed up.

In my opinion the writing team just hasn't had the same spark that they used to. Instead of laughing during an entire episode it seems to be more sporadic and kinda ghey to be honest. It just seems like they tend to focus too much on current events these days.

I wonder if anyone else agrees with this.

Regards,
That One Jew Guy
Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.
EricIsMyHero619

Postby EricIsMyHero619 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:27 am

It sure has been disappointing thus far. Like some other fans I'm finding parallels to when the Simpsons went down hill. I remember watching the Simpsons and thinking... WOW this isn't funny AT ALL. I've been doing the same for the past 2 weeks with South Park. Primary reason being that there is just not enough Cartman. This weeks episode is centered around him. I'm praying its funny.

HumancentIpad was ok but the other two were terrible. WTF is going on???
It_Took_A_While

Postby It_Took_A_While » Wed May 18, 2011 3:08 pm

I couldn't agree more. South Park has jumped the shark. It's not really funny anymore and the episodes this season haven't even made much sense. Once again character development has disappeared and just having people being pissed off through out the episodes is pretty lame.

I wonder if Parker and Stone have lost interest in the show, spending all their energy on other projects. I can certainly understand wanting to do other things such as their Broadway show, but they have a responsiblity to their South Park fans which seems to have been forgotten.

I too would rather see South Park go off the air instead of really bad episodes being made. I would say this season is by far the worst. Stop being selfish Parker and Stone! And remember what and who made you rich.

A Sad Fan.
MaddogRonH

Postby MaddogRonH » Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm not sure if there getting bad or as we get older our since of humor is changing.
Mine has and things I found funny 10 years ago are not so funny today.
It takes very good writers to change as his followers change.
So,,, have they changed or have we ???
I'm A Grumppy Ass Leave me alone !!!
CCCPkiller

Postby CCCPkiller » Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm

MaddogRonH wrote:I'm not sure if there getting bad or as we get older our since of humor is changing.

But theirs a problem with that, if they change their humor, then they leave the new humor (AKA the younger audience) not laughing, and since almost all of the audience of South Park is young, theyd be losing alot of viewers to shows like family guy, and god forbid, king of the hill reruns.
Kenny McCormick is 10x better than you, and me.
God D**n MONGORIANS!
MUNITICS

Postby MUNITICS » Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

totally agree !

and I can't wait to watch this one.
15 min left to release, Cartman seems to jump in troubles again.
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:50 pm

CCCPkiller wrote:
MaddogRonH wrote:I'm not sure if there getting bad or as we get older our since of humor is changing.

But theirs a problem with that, if they change their humor, then they leave the new humor (AKA the younger audience) not laughing, and since almost all of the audience of South Park is young, theyd be losing alot of viewers to shows like family guy, and god forbid, king of the hill reruns.

@Maddog: both.

@CCCP: What do you consider young? If it's under 18 then no, that's not almost all the audience of SP. SP targets late teens, early-mid 20s, and that's where the majority of viewers are from. If that's what you mean by young, then ignore this. But I know there's a lot of references and jokes that made no sense when I was younger, but make perfect sense and are funny now.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”