Tween Years, 2009 - 2013. Show ending with them as tweens?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Barack_Obama

Tween Years, 2009 - 2013. Show ending with them as tweens?

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:21 am

I think it's safe to assume the old people are M and T, and when they are talking on the farm, they say this. We know they *MAY* have signed the contract to season 17, which goes into 2013.

Could we see them grow into their tweens before the show ends?

Also, this being a warning that it could be sh*tty but it has to happen?
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Re: Tween Years, 2009 - 2013. Show ending with them as twee

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:26 am

Remember the context - they were saying how sh*tty the tweens are. maybe they don't want to continue into them?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:38 am

Just some speculation as to what was said in the episode. But I still am leaning to it ending after 15B.

Just made this thread because I think if it DOESN'T end then, this is the most likely scenario... to me.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
TyBro

Postby TyBro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 am

I think it is safe to assume that the show will be ending in 2013, because like you I also picked up on the whole Matt and Trey being the old guys trying to save the pants (or the show). Also it is interesting to point out that the pants were saved in the middle of the big scene in which everything changed in South Park... FOREVER...

So this episode marks the beginning of the end, will we ever see what becomes of Stan? Did Stan's parents leave South Park? Will Cartman and Kyle become friends? And will Kyle and Stan ever make-up... stay tuned...

And not that it matters but this last episode is like a 10/10 for me. Really great stuff, and if it just the beginning then I can't wait for what M and T have planned for the end.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 am

I think it could go either way, and they are using this period between part A and B of the season to decide what to do.

But all of the stuff they have done lately in the show, this year of the fan thing, you know, looking at the big picture, I am pretty sure it is going to end between this year and 2013. I cannot imagine them changing the show and making it "fresh" by such a move it seems they are taking. More than a shift in the show, I think it is a winding down.

That said, if they do choose to take it to 2013, I do think we will see them grow into their tweens, because of what was said in tonights ep.

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:09 am

They sat outside wondering if they really should 'save the pants' and then took them off Randy; maybe they just meant that he's been overused and they need a format change to save them, or maybe they were taking the pants (their carears) out of the show? I'll go with the former for now. They seem to be going back to the earlier character based comedy and situations, agree with mister president, it's slowing but how long till it stops i don't know. If they don't deliberately halt it them dying one day will =/
I think they'll consider the fan reaction but a lot of other things in this mid-season.
the character seem to have aged mentally if not physically in the past few seasons anyway weather they have noses or not.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 am

Ha, I said the same sh*t about Randy in the "is it ending" thread....

- Unassumption
TyBro

Postby TyBro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:25 am

Either way, things are winding down and unlike many of the other people I know I am happy about it. Matt and Trey aren't ones to end things with out a bang, so what they do from this point on is looking to be their best stuff yet. But I just re-watched the end of the latest episode and from what I see Stan's Mom and Dad divorced so we might not see any more Randy... :(
Stan also appears to have moved and there might be a growing relationship between Kyle and Cartman.
TheChickenWing

Postby TheChickenWing » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 am

still reeling a little bit from this but reading tough your other posts i reckon i might be onto something... and it results in south park not ending.

so what i got from it was definitely the two old guys are matt and trey, and yes they do rescue the undies.. but to take it a little bit further, i started thinking about who the undies are saved from. answer - comedy central.

It looks like Matt and Trey want to take south park in a new direction, rather than just spewing out the same sh*t every week (sharons little spiel).

those worried about randy leaving, i dont reckon its going to happen. randy has become a staple character whereas sharon is not, so its more likely we wont see sharon any more...
Pwellz

Postby Pwellz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Looks like sh*t is about to get real interesting. Hate seeing Randy and Sharon brake up. I really wish they didn't do this right before the weekly new episodes ended. Couldn't we have just one more :(
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:19 pm

I prefer not to think of these years as the "Tweens" but the Taints. 'Cause 'taint the 'oughts, and 'taint the teens yet neither. :mrgreen:

As to the show, I dunno. It feels like things are heading to and end with 15.
I swear to God, when I got here.. I think it came out between runs on s.10 that they upped their contract through s. 12. Then between runs on s. 11, they re-upped through s. 15. At least that's how I remember it. I felt it was kind of odd at the time that they'd do things that way, and I was thinking that they might bring it to and end then. But I was all "PFFT! Whatever man, that's like 4 years away! WOOOOOOOO!!!" And I continued to X my balls off with more episodes.
There's really no way to tell for sure. If we don't hear anything by the time 15B starts, we'll know.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”