Save Our Stan!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: Save Our Stan!

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 pm

A couple points I'd like to address -

First, Stan may very well be going through a "phase" where he's seeing things through more sophisticated eyes, and it will take time for him to adjust his perceptions so that he can be more critical of things beyond "everything is crap." His core personality may catch up to his new views in time and balance him out.

Also, it may turn out that the other boys may go through something similar and then be able to relate to the "new" Stan.

My point is, I think it may be premature to be calling for Stan to revert back to his old self, especially since he may, in time, reconcile his worldview and a change may not be catastrophic to his character.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:If the alternative is having Kyle being best friends with Cartman, then I (and by proxy the entire Kyle Klub) stand with you.

Save our Stan!

KennyStanWendyFan likes this.

All right, fine, I'll jump on the bandwagon! The Wendy Fanclub or whatever supports this cause! After all, this change in Stan's character will likely affect his relationship with Wendy and by extension her own character as Stan continues to become estranged from all aspects of his social life: his family, his best friends, and his girlfriend.

You also have the support of the Kenny Fanclub just because. Kenny is Stan's f-f-friend too!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm in, I want Stan back!
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:21 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:If the alternative is having Kyle being best friends with Cartman, then I (and by proxy the entire Kyle Klub) stand with you.

Save our Stan!

KennyStanWendyFan likes this.

All right, fine, I'll jump on the bandwagon! The Wendy Fanclub or whatever supports this cause! After all, this change in Stan's character will likely affect his relationship with Wendy and by extension her own character as Stan continues to become estranged from all aspects of his social life: his family, his best friends, and his girlfriend.

You also have the support of the Kenny Fanclub just because. Kenny is Stan's f-f-friend too!

It's good to see you joining the fight, KWSF!
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
southparkgirl19

Postby southparkgirl19 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:25 pm

stan (along with kenny) are my faveorite characters in the show, please don't get rid of stan, please.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm in. Let's do this. If something like this can get Rae, KSWF, TC, and Schan to return here, it's obviously a big deal. I've met them all in person, so it's almost like I have to, anyway.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:32 pm

I would like to see Stan recover and rejoin the fold.

However, I have to pose the question: Does anyone here personally have direct contact with Trey Parker? Because it's ultimately the decision of the guy who writes the show, and without his ear we're just screaming at the wind.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:49 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:However, I have to pose the question: Does anyone here personally have direct contact with Trey Parker? Because it's ultimately the decision of the guy who writes the show, and without his ear we're just screaming at the wind.

Long time fans should know better than anyone that this kind of fan initiative will have no impact whether Trey sees it (which he won't) or doesn't.

Unlike the Simpsons cliff-hanger, which directly asks the fans if Flanders and Krabappel should remain a couple, Trey's not asking for our input.

I hate to sound.....cynical....but I don't think anyone should see this thread as a movement that's going to have any impact. It's a good place for like-minded fans to share their opinions, which is worthwhile in its own right, but not as a means to affect the show.

Not only is Stan Trey's creation, he essentially IS Trey. So telling him how to develop a character that is an extension of himself is a bit presumptuous, IMO.

I'm not trying in any way to troll the thread, I'm just stating things as I honestly see them.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 pm

I honestly would not mind if he vanished for a half-season, it would be interesting, work it back to normal over time. I always like when they do long-term background story lines, like when Kenny died for S6. But I suppose I'd miss him if he was gone forever, although they could make it work, potentially.

Nice to see all these people who haven't posted in years re-appear. I've read some of your ancient posts. :D
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm in. Writing Stan out would definitely kill the show. I may be a Kenny fan, but his disappearance was nowhere near as detrimental as Stan's would be. On a side note, I wonder how things will turn out for Sharon and Randy. I'm pissed off about this episode. Now I have a f*cking cliffhanger that won't be resolved until I graduate from basic. :evil:
Can't we all just get along?
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Niels0827 wrote:I'm in. Let's do this. If something like this can get Rae, KSWF, TC, and Schan to return here, it's obviously a big deal. I've met them all in person, so it's almost like I have to, anyway.

You met TC in person? I didn't know that.

Zazaban wrote:Nice to see all these people who haven't posted in years re-appear. I've read some of your ancient posts. :D

Cool, I'm like a historical figure! :D

Ex1lepr0 wrote:I'm in. Writing Stan out would definitely kill the show. I may be a Kenny fan, but his disappearance was nowhere near as detrimental as Stan's would be. On a side note, I wonder how things will turn out for Sharon and Randy. I'm pissed off about this episode. Now I have a f*cking cliffhanger that won't be resolved until I graduate from basic. :evil:

I have a friend who's in Navy A School right now. Are you going to be training in Chicago? That's where he is right now.
OxalisWombo

Postby OxalisWombo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:06 pm

You guys are REALLY dumb.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Man, it appears that in the years of my absence some evil-doer has sucked the sense of humor out of these boards.

Anyways, hopefully they'll be bringing Stan back around in October. Gonna be a long summer, though.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Stan will be back. It'd be dumb if M&T erased Stan forever.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:14 pm

I send all my support from the hospital. Yes this episode sent me to the hospital.

Bring Stan back. Please for the love of all things good
Stan and Kyle :)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”