Save Our Stan!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Re: Save Our Stan!

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 pm

kfgg wrote:I send all my support from the hospital. Yes this episode sent me to the hospital.

Bring Stan back. Please for the love of all things good

Glad you're able to post from there, kfgg :D

Don't worry, Stan will be back; he's still in South Park and everything is fine!

Stan is fine and will remain an integral part of the show

ZZ
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm

OxalisWombo wrote:You guys are REALLY dumb.

Let these guys do what they want, kid. Your decision to post in here has just grouped you with the rest of them. If you have a problem, well...

Talespin

Postby Talespin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 pm

I agree with Pip Tweek. I think they have something huge planned and have no intention of asking our opinions, so a "movement" like this won't matter. I am VERY curious to see what happens, if anything. Maybe this is all a joke...but that'd suck ass if it were. I enjoy when they mix things up. I mean, this ep was epic enough to make me join the forums so I had someplace to spew my rambles. They've hooked us all and they know it. Now we have to wait. :cartmanlaugh:
Last edited by Talespin on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zergling103

Postby Zergling103 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Heh. I think this is relevant.

I drew this just to remind M&T not to become like those they've criticized in the past.

(Hehe, I'm sure they'd find this kinda funny too. xD)
Talespin

Postby Talespin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Zergling103......I just spit soda everywhere.

EPIC WIN. XD
Pleasedon'tend

Postby Pleasedon'tend » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 pm

As a southpark fan I will have to add my support. Even though I am a n00b and might not have as much of an impact in my poster compared to the rest of you I'd love to give my opinion.

I am a diehard fan and have watch every single episode from beginning to end and watched each character evolve. Kyle used to be a little less morally concerned about peoples actions, Cartman's voice changed overtime, Kenny doesn't die as much anymore, and Stan isn't with Wendy. Even though these are minuscule changes they serve as M&T's reason to do this, seeing as they haven't made many major changes over the course of the show this seems suitable.

On the other hand I believe the show would be somewhat...off without Stan. Look what happened when they wanted to get rid of Kenny, BUTTTERS took over for him.
OxSawyer

Postby OxSawyer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:46 pm

SAVE STAN!!!

My favorite of all the South Park characters.
CCCPkiller

Postby CCCPkiller » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:24 am

Pleasedon'tend wrote:As a southpark fan I will have to add my support. Even though I am a n00b and might not have as much of an impact in my poster compared to the rest of you I'd love to give my opinion.

I am a diehard fan and have watch every single episode from beginning to end and watched each character evolve. Kyle used to be a little less morally concerned about peoples actions, Cartman's voice changed overtime, Kenny doesn't die as much anymore, and Stan isn't with Wendy. Even though these are minuscule changes they serve as M&T's reason to do this, seeing as they haven't made many major changes over the course of the show this seems suitable.

On the other hand I believe the show would be somewhat...off without Stan. Look what happened when they wanted to get rid of Kenny, BUTTTERS took over for him.

actually stan and wendy are together (watch the List) but your totally right, its extremely off without stans mortalitty in the show.
Kenny McCormick is 10x better than you, and me.
God D**n MONGORIANS!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:41 am

Alrighty, I'm not gonna cry fowl just yet, simply because we're only at the half way point in the season, and like many of the people have probably said, the ending spells cliffhanger, so what'll happen is yet to be seen.

I can totally accept the episode for the subject matter that it touches upon; how people's personalities and interests can change with age. However, I'm definitely against the notion of Stan being written off from the show.

Thinking about it purely on a logical standpoint, permanently removing him from the show simply wouldn't make sense. Chef's removal was understandable due to the events that lead up to that mess, but since Stan was supposed to be the childlike personification of one of the show's co-creators, axing him seems like it would be a really stupid move. That, and all the stuff Shane said at the root of the thread.

Guess we'll just have to see where it goes from there.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 am

Pip Tweek wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:However, I have to pose the question: Does anyone here personally have direct contact with Trey Parker? Because it's ultimately the decision of the guy who writes the show, and without his ear we're just screaming at the wind.

Long time fans should know better than anyone that this kind of fan initiative will have no impact whether Trey sees it (which he won't) or doesn't.

Unlike the Simpsons cliff-hanger, which directly asks the fans if Flanders and Krabappel should remain a couple, Trey's not asking for our input.

I hate to sound.....cynical....but I don't think anyone should see this thread as a movement that's going to have any impact. It's a good place for like-minded fans to share their opinions, which is worthwhile in its own right, but not as a means to affect the show.

Not only is Stan Trey's creation, he essentially IS Trey. So telling him how to develop a character that is an extension of himself is a bit presumptuous, IMO.

I'm not trying in any way to troll the thread, I'm just stating things as I honestly see them.

I'd rather us fight the unwinnable fight than stand idly by. This will, in all likelihood, mean little to nothing. But no matter what, this is a just cause that shall know no end until the series is over.

Hopefully this is all part of a larger plan and we will look back at this and smile. Hopefully. I do not know about you, but I don't hedge my bets on hopes and dreams. All we currently know is what has been stated.

Save Our Stan. Save The Show!
That's how it's down here on the farm!
John_117

Postby John_117 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:50 am

I'm not trying to troll here, I really am sure Stan will be back. Because he is still in South Park. Granted, he sees nothing but sh*t, but I think Wendy will help him.

If there's anyone who won't be back, it'd be Randy.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 am

I'd rather us fight the unwinnable fight than stand idly by. This will, in all likelihood, mean little to nothing. But no matter what, this is a just cause that shall know no end until the series is over.

Hopefully this is all part of a larger plan and we will look back at this and smile. Hopefully. I do not know about you, but I don't hedge my bets on hopes and dreams. All we currently know is what has been stated.

Save Our Stan. Save The Show!]

I understand your eagerness to save your favorite character, but it typically is not a good idea to tell your supporters that the battle is unwinnable (unless they're Spartans).
Can't we all just get along?
CCCPkiller

Postby CCCPkiller » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 am

I love how this is sort of becoming a 'Ginger Sepratist Movement" in a way.....
Kenny McCormick is 10x better than you, and me.
God D**n MONGORIANS!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:00 am

Stan is not dead. He is not written out of the show. He is just in a very very tough spot in his short little life. But he will return. He will get help somehow. All is not lost. Have faith people!!!

Stan is king. And is still with us and the show. Don't give up!!!!!

VIVA LA MARSH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:00 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:

Save Our Stan. Save The Show!]

I understand your eagerness to save your favorite character, but it typically is not a good idea to tell your supporters that the battle is unwinnable (unless they're Spartans).

I am responding to poster who believes the fight is unwinnable. I therefore answer the question, "Why fight the fight you cannot win?"
You fight the fight because it is right, not because you can win. I know we can win. And even if we couldn't, it is still right to make our voices heard.

@John-117: I hope it will be that way as well, but I'd rather us make our opposition to even the hinted of demolition of art known now than wait and see if it actually happens.

As Schan already knows, I am travelling and will be out of contact for a few days. However, expect SOS to continue thriving as the word is spread, a FB Group is created, a website is created, and multiple affiliated threads in relation to certain aspects here.

Save Our Stan. Save The Show!
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”