Save Our Stan!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CCCPkiller

Re: Save Our Stan!

Postby CCCPkiller » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:08 pm

kalbahamut wrote:
The Silver Banana wrote:
JVM wrote:Why is everyone keep looking at it as either a two-parter or never to be resolved?

My money is on Stan stepping out for the most of S15b and being resolved in the last episode.

Actually, I agree with you 65%. The other 35 says that Matt and Trey have no idea what they're doing. Everyone keeps thinking that they actually have something planned, when really, they never do. If anything's planned, it's to not touch the subject until they figured something out.

Doesn't make it any less sad. I spent most of the day sitting on the couch, staring into space.

I agree. Well, except for the staring into space on the couch thing.. that's a little pathetic.

I don't think M&T have anything planned... they're just tired and burned out. Often the last episode or two of a run they just are feeling tired and out of ideas and that's when they take risks and just do whatever... I think this was one of those times. But I think the burnout is worse than it ever was before and they are wishing they could just stop doing the show forever.

I imagine them sitting around in the writer's room trying to figure out what to make a show about. People suggesting ideas. Someone else shooting down each idea as "that sounds like sh*t!" or "that's the same crap we did in ep 159 and 187!" ...they probably thought about ripping on X-Men First Class or doing some Anthony Weiner jokes etc.. and these ideas just seemed like the tired crap that they were. Feeling cynical... someone asked the question of when this happened... and they started talking about getting older and the experience that most of us go through (usually more like age 14-25 than age 10... but whatever) where our tastes change and the things we love in childhood start to seem crappy. Then they decided to put all their frustrations at being burned out and not being able to come up with ideas into this show... tied up in that experience of growing old embodied by Stan hitting his 10th birthday.

So, I totally agree, they are not planning a 2 parter, or planning to cancel the show, or anything else. They are just out of ideas... so of course they probably have no idea at all what they are going to do for the 2nd run opener. I bet they don't even think about it until 2 weeks before the show. If they still can't come up with a fresh idea then maybe they'll try to get out of the contract. Because I really think they are tired of doing the show at all.

I agree they are probably all just tired as s**t....i mean really, if u look at the events of recent projects of M&T, youll see theyve been really busy
from trying to make new episodes, to the Book of Mormon, not even mentioning the insane amount of time spent on south park.
And also the 200 and 201 fiasco, which probably killed their spirits abit.
Kenny McCormick is 10x better than you, and me.
God D**n MONGORIANS!
foreverfallen1224

Postby foreverfallen1224 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:41 pm

This episode made me so upset. I don't know about anyone else, but I cried when it was over. It might be because I am only 13, but I KNOW for a fact that EVERY one was effected by this episode. It was funny and sad. It was amazingly shocking to me, because I never knew South Park could be so deep. I really hope that this isn't the last season of South Park, and I hope it continues for a long time. PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF STAN AS A CHARECTER!!!!! :cry:
graywolf1980

Postby graywolf1980 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:55 am

I've never watched new SP episodes until this season, just caught the re-runs. Do they leave us hanging like this every season? I agree wholeheartedly with this post to Save Our Stan.

Is there a known name for the condition that we, or at least I, have? Physical grievance for a character...I'm not eating or sleeping!

In regards to Matt and Trey, you gotta give them their due credit. I've only felt this way once before, and it takes special people to create drama of this kind!
SAVESTAN

Postby SAVESTAN » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:25 am

It sounds like Matt and Trey are just wanting to move on... which disappoints me, no doubt, but all things must end at some time. What really bothers me is the way they're ending this. I think they should just keep South Park light and funny until the end, to give fans a good feeling. The last episode was in no way light and funny, or at least the ending. Not only was it way to heavy for a comedy show, but having Stan move and having all his friends dump him just is just depressing. I don't think it's fair to the fans who love this show. Matt and Trey wouldn't be what they are today without their loyal South Park fans, and that last ending is just offensive to all of us.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh man, the first couple pages of this thread are like it's SBF all over again; all the white noise posts I can pretend were made by a Swedish guy who, as far as I can recall, made equally vapid posts [i can say these things because he probably won't see this post :chaos: ].
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Jay C wrote:Oh man, the first couple pages of this thread are like it's SBF all over again; all the white noise posts I can pretend were made by a Swedish guy who, as far as I can recall, made equally vapid posts [i can say these things because he probably won't see this post :chaos: ].

I'll call Magnus in here.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 pm

I think I have a larger post count than him on here so there isn't a god damn thing he can do to me. I'm not scared!
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 pm

How did this thread bring back so many retired members?

...Only for them to disappear and not come back a few minutes later haha.

Anyways, yeah, I was pretty pissed at what happened with Stan and all that jazz.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Wii fit man wrote:How did this thread bring back so many retired members?

...Only for them to disappear and not come back a few minutes later haha.

Shane and the power of Facebook. We've been talking with these 'retired' characters for years. Some of them you would rather not have on here. Trust me.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm glad to see all the retired members back by the way. I remember many of you from years past. In a time of crisis, people band together for things they care about. This thread is an example. I only hope it helps.
Stan and Kyle :)
cuburubik

Postby cuburubik » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:16 am

don´t worry,Stan will be back
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:51 am

Nice to see SOS moving along well. I am back and over the course of the next few days shall be writing several essays and associated writings detailing why:

1- I do not believe this is a signal of the end.
2- Why writing Stan out of the show is the worst possible decision from a writing angle.
3- How the show can be improved upon and develop in a positive manner from this stage.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:00 am

Why is your site dead? :(
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:08 am

What site? Do you mean the FB group?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 3197796445
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:11 am

I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption

Return to “General South Park Discussion”